User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilGauss View Post
    Errare est Divinus...

Well, I don't care to bother googling and oogling but my best guess would be, it was derived from: To err is human, to forgive Divine, which brings me at my wits end because it must translate verbatim to: To Err (errare) is (est) Divine (divinus)? Am I clueless?

So really Latin is one of your subjects? Prudent enough of you NOT to say one of your favourite/one of your best subjects with High Distinction!
    Well, Errare est Divinus is my version of that old proverb. Its more interesting this way; depends of course, on who you err with...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latin is all Greek to me.
    But this lesson would probably be familiar to you poor sods who endured Latin old school style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilGauss View Post
    Errare est Divinus...

Well, I don't care to bother googling and oogling but my best guess would be, it was derived from: To err is human, to forgive Divine, which brings me at my wits end because it must translate verbatim to: To Err (errare) is (est) Divine (divinus)? Am I clueless?

So really Latin is one of your subjects? Prudent enough of you NOT to say one of your favourite/one of your best subjects with High Distinction!
    I would say it was one of my subjects. Although I dropped it, later in life it did come in useful for learning chemistry (all those old names if compounds) and University. Never would have thought that a dead language has it's uses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Is there an option to off those "Like" buttons if we want to? It's ok & all but takes up too much space if using handphone to surf BC
    Ehem... boss Kwun, any option for the above, and the left hand side bar, it's keeps opening all the time, even when I dont click it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Ehem... boss Kwun, any option for the above, and the left hand side bar, it's keeps opening all the time, even when I dont click it.
    Mine, it appears only when loading page, after loading it disappears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Latin is as good as dead, unfortunlately, when compared to English or some other major European languages like French or German. It is hardly in use in every life, except perhaps by the Pope and his people and in the Catholic churches.

But from time to time, choirs have the chance to sing beautiful sacred songs by great composers in Latin. Whether the choristers fully understand the lyrics is another matter. And Law and Economics students in particular have to deal with Latin phrases like the more
    commonly known "caveat emptor" or "pari passu".

It was fun while it lasted but all too soon students found out Latin is of not much use in their daily lives.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    It seems Latin is as good as dead, unfortunlately, when compared to English or some other major European languages like French or German. It is hardly in use in every life, except perhaps by the Pope and his people and in the Catholic churches.

But from time to time, choirs have the chance to sing beautiful sacred songs by great composers in Latin. Whether the choristers fully understand the lyrics is another matter. And Law and Economics students in particular have to deal with Latin phrases like the more
    commonly known "caveat emptor" or "pari passu".

It was fun while it lasted but all too soon students found out Latin is of not much use in their daily lives.
    "Clearly, he said, he would come to the other first and to this afterwards."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One other widely used is: carpe diem. I trust I've spotted someone with that handle here in BC.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now take Latin class coupled with Greek, English (insert foreign language of your choice, let's make it Spanish), French and German and 6 days a week of badminton and don't lose your mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. First i do apologise if it's not the right place to do so, but i wanted to say a quick hi as i just joined today. Also, thanks everyone for the help and hard work in maintaining BC!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumble75 View Post
    Hello everyone. First i do apologise if it's not the right place to do so, but i wanted to say a quick hi as i just joined today. Also, thanks everyone for the help and hard work in maintaining BC!
    Welcome to Badcentral, bumble75.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    opps, our join date, location and posts are now at the top. I haven't used to it. lol
    Same here... I've found many changes too.

I am sometimes not knowing whether I am at the Home-page or at our Forum-page.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Same here... I've found many changes too.

I am sometimes not knowing whether I am at the Home-page or at our Forum-page.
    Simple... follow the breadcrumbs!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Simple... follow the breadcrumbs!
    anyone feel that the breadcrumbs are in the wrong place? nobody seems to notice it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    anyone feel that the breadcrumbs are in the wrong place? nobody seems to notice it.
    Yeah, I have only noticed it just now.

Breadcrumbs are useful to help us navigate the site; But I usually go straight to Today's Posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be prudent to spread the word about donating to the site to keep it running so that we don't need to have those annoying ads at the side. (Currently it's Asian Dating).

How much are we talking about per year, boss? Might help to give an indication of how much donation is required to keep it going for the year, considering how arsetight Asians are when it comes to money - Commun-... my arse.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    It might be prudent to spread the word about donating to the site to keep it running so that we don't need to have those annoying ads at the side. (Currently it's Asian Dating).

How much are we talking about per year, boss? Might help to give an indication of how much donation is required to keep it going for the year, considering how arsetight Asians are when it comes to money - Commun-... my arse.
    i left the donate button there for a few days. and got.... $0

so i figured out if we need to rely on donation, it will mean that i need to go beg for money regularly. which totally doesn't work for me.

so it is back to advertising.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast