Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday August 26, 2011
    Zakry to start partnership afresh with Fairuzizuan after the Raya holidays
    KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif will be starting afresh with Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari after the Hari Raya celebration as independent players.
    The journey will get more challenging after breaking away from the national team last week but Zakry has vowed to achieve two major goals next year – to represent the country at the Thomas Cup Finals and qualify for next year’s Olympic Games in London.
    Zakry is hoping that his reunion with his former partner Fairuzizuan would help to bring back the glory days of the past. The duo’s partnership was split up after last year’s Thomas Cup Finals following stagnancy in their game.
    Zakry teamed up with Hoon Thien How while Fairuzizuan partnered Ong Soon Hock.
    Zakry’s last assignment with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) was the recent World Championships at London but he and Thien How crashed out in the second round.
    They did not qualify on merit for the world meet but the duo were chosen ahead of former internationals Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen because the BAM thought that they were better and would strengthen their claim to qualify for the London Olympic Games.
    However, BAM’s “long-term” plan, backfired with Zakry’s decision to reunite with Fairuzizuan.
    The 28-year-old Zakry said that it was time for him to move on.
    “I had thoughts of leaving before the world championships but when the opportunity came to play with Thien How, I hung on. I knew I was going to leave after the world meet but trust me, I did not take my challenge in the world meet lightly.
    “I gave it my all, in fact, it was one of my best performances,” said Zakry.
    “But I knew, I could not stay on in BAM anymore. It is time for Fairuzizuan and I to give the youngsters the place in the elite squad.
    “I want to end my badminton career with Fairuzizuan. Afterall, I enjoyed a high in my career with Fairuzizuan and I think, I have at least three more good years with him.”
    The duo won the back-to-back Singapore and Indonesia Opens in 2007 and was once ranked fourth in the world.
    Zakry-Fairuzizuan’s first assignment will be the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold in East Kalimantan from Sept 27-Oct 2 and the former hopes to get off to a good start.
    “It is time for us to re-build our partnership.
    “We need to improve our world ranking and hopefully, we will be able to do well in the Indonesia Open GP Gold. Our goal is to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games and also fight for the right to play in the Thomas Cup Finals,” he said.
    To ensure that they get quality sparring, Zakry-Fairuzizuan will spar three times with the national team at Bukit Kiara.
    On remaining days, they will join a handful of former players at the New Vision Academy co-owned by K.Yogendran and Yeoh Kay Bin in Petaling Jaya.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding zakri and Fairuzzizuan case, I was told some Chinese press put it in a different way Is there anybody who came across this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do read chinese press. I read Sin Chew daily. I think Sin Chew reported things as it is. I don' t know about other chinese press.

Can you please tell us what are the things that chinese press put it differently? Which paper? What did you hear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International times today I think. Sorry can't even read the date

My wife translated to me, it sound like one of them needs to write to bam to renew their contract after it expire next year, something like that
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 08-25-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    International times today I think. Sorry can't even read the date

My wife translated to me, it sound like one of them needs to write to bam to renew their contract after it expire next year, something like that
    International Times? I am not sure if there is a International Times chinese press in Malaysia my friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hari raya to them and all the best to them in near future.. I won't be surprise if they can overtake koo/tan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"SELAMAt HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI" to all celebrating and I will have limited access to the internet during this festive season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    "SELAMAt HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI" to all celebrating and I will have limited access to the internet during this festive season.
    me too....yahoo....one week no BC!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    International Times? I am not sure if there is a International Times chinese press in Malaysia my friend.
    Really? I don't know how to read maybe I gave you the wrong times Maybe a picture can show something
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it written there Lee C W is gunning for a 4th Super Series Finsls Glory ~~ i mean the title there ~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Really? I don't know how to read maybe I gave you the wrong times Maybe a picture can show something
    The paper reported a few matters. I will skip the rest but focus on Fuzzy left BAM.

Nadzmi defended BAM saying BAM is still the badminton authority in Malaysia. He said private companies still sponsor BAM activities( I think he meant PROTON and YONEX). He said these companies still link up with BAM not just because individual players's performance in international tournaments, but also these private institutions still have confidence in BAM's leadership.( Yeah......... right! My foot!).

He also said senior players leaving BAM is normal. Just like sometimes ago LWW/CTF left BAM to turn pro. Lastly, he also said BAM only deserve critics if players who are in their prime like LCW leaves BAM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    WHy? balik kampung celebrating hari raya?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Hari raya to them and all the best to them in near future.. I won't be surprise if they can overtake koo/tan
    Koo/Tan may not that consistent lately, but I do not think that Fuzzy pair can overtake them, probably one of the junior pairs can replace them as No.2 MD

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    WHy? balik kampung celebrating hari raya?
    Holiday in my idol, Wang Yi Han's country. Saw many LD's Red Bull advertisements. Now I am back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now RAZIF Sidek will be coaching them on the sideline. Too bad BAM don't want to take the offer when he offered his services for FREE!. Hope BAM will bite the dust when Fuzzy beat their own BAM players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Now RAZIF Sidek will be coaching them on the sideline. Too bad BAM don't want to take the offer when he offered his services for FREE!. Hope BAM will bite the dust when Fuzzy beat their own BAM players.
    Many interest and politic involve in BAM( to be fair,not just BAM, in a lot of administrations). What is free may not be perceived as free. What is free in short term may have string attached and certain party may have to give back in future. ( in the form of position, job, in exchange of certain convenience....... you never know)

Perhaps you don't want to see it as black and white. Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Sidek's ? Wakakakaka.....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast