Need help with the RIGHT shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Timz :], Aug 20, 2011.

1. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

So I've been playing at clubs and everyone uses different brands and speed of shuttles. So my problem is that, I've bought quite an expensive shuttlecock and I noticed that when doing flat shots the shuttle would go beyond the lines and even most of the time with clears not even putting too much effort.

Is this really suppose to happen and I'm suppose to adjust to it? Or should I get a slower ball?

2. Enya.zwp

Enya.zwp Regular Member

International sales
    which brand did you buy??

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

IMHO it is true. Most of the cheaper/club-practice ones will reduce their speed real quick (after a few smashes only). The ones used for tournaments tend to be easier to clear because their speed is more consistent (no speed reduction) due to better/stronger built.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    different people are used to different speeds of the shuttle. it could be considered that the expensive shuttle you got has a faster speed, and most likely more consistent and more durable because of its higher quality. one thing you can do to reduce the speed if you want, is to snap the tip of the feather outward, and i guess do it every three feather or so, and see if you like the slowed down speed better. if it's still fast, then snap a few more. remember tho it's only the tiny tip of the feather and don't go crazy and snap the whole feather back :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    another thing to prolong the consistency would be to humidify the shuttles 24-48hrs prior to usage :)

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Be careful on steaming them because I over steamed a bunch of them n the cork heads expanded into fishball size n the flight became unbalanced. He..he..hee:eek: