User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default =)

Hey guys its good to hear you are all recovering very fast !!

I've had the same problem as well but over the course around 8 years now, dislocated 4 times upto each time required me to go into hospital for them to put it back in. Then a cycle comes haha basically put it back in rest a month let it heal then start doing resistance trying everyday doing quite a few sets and then gradually increasing intensity.

My last dislocation was around last summer now, so far all good, I play around 4-5 times a week at the moment at competitive level but Ive also bought a shoulder support. The support according to my physiotherapist doesnt actually help much but i think it helps remind me i.e when i play an overhead if i try to stretch the support tightens and at certain points i just know not to go over a limit. So far so good hopefully I wont need to go into surgery!

When i was in hospital they gave me soooo much morphine it didn't even help much actually haha just letting my should stay in place was much better but when they take the x rays they require you to move your arms into different positions and boy did it hurt !!

I even have a photo of my dislocation before and after!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._5081966_n.jpg

Hopefully carry on strength training and increasing intensity will do and just build much stronger ligaments and tendons for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikakira View Post
    Hey guys its good to hear you are all recovering very fast !!

I've had the same problem as well but over the course around 8 years now, dislocated 4 times upto each time required me to go into hospital for them to put it back in. Then a cycle comes haha basically put it back in rest a month let it heal then start doing resistance trying everyday doing quite a few sets and then gradually increasing intensity.

My last dislocation was around last summer now, so far all good, I play around 4-5 times a week at the moment at competitive level but Ive also bought a shoulder support. The support according to my physiotherapist doesnt actually help much but i think it helps remind me i.e when i play an overhead if i try to stretch the support tightens and at certain points i just know not to go over a limit. So far so good hopefully I wont need to go into surgery!

When i was in hospital they gave me soooo much morphine it didn't even help much actually haha just letting my should stay in place was much better but when they take the x rays they require you to move your arms into different positions and boy did it hurt !!

I even have a photo of my dislocation before and after!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._5081966_n.jpg

Hopefully carry on strength training and increasing intensity will do and just build much stronger ligaments and tendons for me!

That looks like a pretty bad dislocation , it's completely out of the socket joint and you said that it happened 4 times, which is becoming a frequent dislocation. I myself have dislocated 8 times from badminton and partially dislocated from sleeps. One of the reason i got the operation was because the doctor told me as i grow older i might get arthritis and if dislocation continues to happens it will create other complications as well. I am pretty sure that the dislocation has created a lesion as you've dislocated 4 times now making the capsule move around more. But you will not know until you get a MRI scan. Btw if your age is 19-34 dislocation rate is 85% as told by my doc .There was a time i stopped playing 6 months i and did a lot shoulder exercises but to no avail as it dislocated the first day i played.
    Good luck and take care.
    Last edited by Zackster; 02-25-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I believe your case was more severe in a way, I cant imagine it dislocating during my sleep! Mines 'frequent' but it happens every 2 years or so and each time it happen it's always been because I play weird shots in badminton so I've learn to cut them out now if a shot seems like it would need me to play it weirdly I will just have to let the point go =(

Ive had 2 MRI scans upto now each with the doctor not really saying much tbh so in a way its not that bad i guess! *fingers crossed* I have found the best way to avoid this injury again and now it will just stay in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So six months has passed since my surgery and i was able to play again , so i decided to make an update on my back to court experience with my shoulder .
    Starting with range :
    It feels like i have only 85% of my normal range , external and internal rotation seemed to be limited and it feels tightened when try to rotate internally and externally. Pronation from neutral position i can go till 130 compared to previously where i can rotate beyond 180.

Secondly Strokes:
    My hitting action feels BETTER and secure . Smashes , clears , power shots are normal but i still don't dare to go full power just yet but i can produce just enough power already.

Finally pain:
    The pain is still there but after warming it goes away but comes back after sessions but it is only mild kinda aching pain when you get from playing to much. I asked the doc and he said it's completely normal and will get better as you progress.

Overall experience from surgery:
    i feel much more confident now to play without any nuisance and it was definitely a painful and long journey but it is worth it. i hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear you're back on the court! I also got a bit sore in the beginning and naturally was a bit cautious in my play. Just make sure you do proper warmup with stretching and apply some liniment or tiger balm or similar. For me it's now been 1 year 4 months since my surgery and 11 months since I started playing. Better than ever but I am still very thorough with the warmup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, i was free so decided to do a little update on my shoulder surgery. So two years had passed i play regularly now 3 times a week, my shoulder surgery allowed me to play this beautiful sport again and for that i am happy, i remember getting shoulder pops before my surgery it hurt so much not physically but mentally as well , i remember thinking what i did to deserve such injury. But all in all i did well and had a pretty good surgery so i am happy for that. The pain is still there though but it's mostly from muscle tiredness and weakness , i am doing a lot of shoulder exercise and warm ups to get my shoulder right. Now i am playing tournament level badminton and for that i am happy. Badminton is an artistic sports , it's kinda like dancing , and i am happy to dance in the court again.
    Last edited by Zackster; 01-22-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2