Good Beginner's Racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by wolfanime25, Aug 25, 2011.

1. wolfanime25

wolfanime25 New Member

Student
    I've decided to take up Badminton after I accidentally signed up for a badminton club today. I have very little experience and knowledge of badminton so would anyone care to give me some brands and names of rackets that are good for beginners?

2. asianguy

asianguy Regular Member

student
    At your level, you'll want a fairly even-balanced racket with high flex to help with your power. Something like the Yonex Nanospeed 100 would be good for a beginner as it is pretty easy to play with. Most importantly though, is learning correct footwork and hitting techniques as no badminton racket can ever replace good technique.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    any racket would be fine..
    usually people would go for Yonex
    but yonex is kinda expensive (except you bought a fake yonex), so people with less budget would go for apacs as value brand

P.S: may I know where is sugar land? I cannot find it on the world map lol..

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Brand doesn't really matter; just get something head-heavy and flexible:D.

(I think the OP lives in the cake section at my Costco - I nearly fell into a coma just walking through it the other day...)

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

my suggestion...is go to the badminton club n ask those senior or master or those who play more n longer...

after they see yr playing style.... strenght n weakness... they can advise u beta...

beside..usually... they know where n which racket is cheaper n easiler for u..to get...

6. Airey

Airey Regular Member

Student
    ya, go to your local club and ask the more experienced player there~
    they can give you better feedback~

7. wolfanime25

wolfanime25 New Member

Student
    It's in Texas, south of Houston.

8. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Go for a flexible/medium shaft racket with an even balance, that will be the easiest for you when learning the shots and will be less demanding to master than a stiff head light or head heavy racket. My advice is go to the club and I am sure the regular club members will have spare rackets you can play with to get a feel for. Try a few different ones and see which you get on with well. Rackets are very player specific so the only best way is to try some out and see.

All the best.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.