Arc saber 10 vs...

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by manhhoang0910, Aug 25, 2011.

1. manhhoang0910

manhhoang0910 Regular Member

Dear all,
    I think i am arc 10 abuser,
    i try to chose another but hardly to find.
    Please help me to find out another seri or another brach.
    I can play better from to midle of the course to back.
    Thanks all

2. manhhoang0910

Please anyone give me some of your recomendation.
    As for me, arc10 still be the best but in the future, if this generation closed, which can i chose?

3. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    Why are you so desperate to find a new one if you're happy with Arc10 :)? I mean I don't think Yonex will retire the Arcsaber series in the near future. And if they do, I'm sure they'll be introducing a similar series before where you'll find a racquet that's an improved version of Arc10 (much like Voltric replacing Armortec, Nanoray replacing (?) Nanospeed etc.).
    Having said that, I switched to the Voltric 80 after having used the Arc10 (like Peter Gade) and I must say I haven't regretted it since. The VT80 has a lot more power whilst I'm not losing out on any of the control that Arc10 offered. You might find it's a little bit slower in defence and around the net if you're not used to very head heavy rackets, but you'll get used to it and eventually you will be just as fast with the VT80. (I, for the record, wasn't used to them a 100% but I didn't notice any loss of speed or reaction.)

4. manhhoang0910

Thanks yves for recommending
    I am using arc 10 normal with head heavy and flex.
    I tried to use arc 10 ( Peter Gade) but found out that it is light head and stiff.
    My style is heavy head and flex so I am happy to use Arc10 normal so by this time I still wonder any series of Yonex can have the same type or another Brand.
    Please cmt
    Thanks

5. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Ar5 is a little bit head heavier and medium stiff. Voltic 80 is really head heavy but should be too stiff.
    I would try out the Voltric 70, cause it's got some well balanced weight in the head and is not too stiff.

6. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    Hm that's a strange comment, because the Arc10 Peter Gade edition only has a new paintjob but not different specs (especially as PG was reportedly involved during the making of Arc10, so why would he change the specs). Probably you've tried a 3U version and own a 2U version, so it feels more head light, but still the stiffness should be the same...
    Well as for head heavy flexible rackets, there are Voltric 70, 7 and 5 which are rated as medium flex, you should try these ones out. Voltric 70 will most likely be the best but it's almost twice the price of the other ones, so it's all about your budget.