YONEX paint job

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kill895, Aug 26, 2011.

1. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

hey i would like to know if u can get your yonex repainted by yonex again. first of all my friend and i got a voltric 80 and a arcsaber z slash non JP racket. when we scoop the shuttle up well most of u do it the paint on the 11 o'clock position got scraped and the pain looks ugly it looks like it had a clash but it didn't. what is the difference with JP and normal edition? yonex paint job is bad the paint is all uneven. can anyone help with this i want to get it repainted cuz it looks ugly as it is new i dont think it deserve this sort of treatment

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    To repair that you would need to paint pretty much the whole racquet. The racquets are sprayed, so when you spray something like that the overspray will go all over the rest of the racquet and cover things like decals etc... you're unlikely to get Yonex to do anything like that, there's a slim chance if you can prove this to be a warranty issue that yonex might replace it, otherwise just get a touch up paint pen and touch it up yourself.

Racquets are designed to be used, not looked at. If this happened 3 years down the line, would you still be as p1ssed? If it hasn't damaged the racquet structurally I would just accept it, move on and enjoy the game.

3. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    wat floor do u guys play on? i scoop shuttle from taraflex floor all the time. i never scratch from it. by the way, for me, its more likely to get them from stringer.

4. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I doubt you could.... Wear and tear.... Not a manufacturing defect... If you care about the looks of your racquet, buy a spare to look at :p

5. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

well i want to keep it in good condition as possible how painful would be u just got it and that happen. my li ning n90 has survived many clashes more clashes than u can expect and it has not even a single chip.
    @concretemad i play on wooden floor at recreation centre

6. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

whats the difference with JP coded and the others?

7. Bionx

Bionx Regular Member

Hi. I'm a Carbonex 8000 Ti user.

I was playing on concrete floor with my friends the other day. Scraped a bit of paint off the 10 o clock position.
    Am not concerned about it looking ugly, as long as it's still fit to play. What I'm concerned of is that since the paint is off and the metal thingy inside is exposed, will my racquet be playable as the years passed because I'm worried the metal may have some reaction with air.

thanks

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you have to care, then:

- don't use it
    - use your hand to pick up the shuttle.

if you have to pick up the shuttle with the racket then worrying about paint wear seems a bit silly.

9. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

i am trying to say how bad yonex paint job is compared to li ning since is made in china lol. but meh of course u want to keep your main racket as in good condition as possible

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    As I have mentioned in other threads, my voltric 80 from Japan, had bubbles in the paint straight from factory. So I think it is generally poor QC from Yonex. I am not sure whu. Mayby they feel rushed by competetion to get things to market quick without proper QC, or maybe they are just cutting corners to make more profits on their rackets.. Very unlike Japan QC imop. It is a bit odd when Chineese rackets like Li-Ning seem to be superior in Quality compared to a proud japaneese company like Yonex imop.

11. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

i couldn't agree more. is there any difference between JP coded and other region coded?

12. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

1st of all..
    come think of it...its the same as u buy a car...

after u take over the car ... due to wear n tear.... any stone chips on yr paintwork... do u think ..u can ask them repaint?if they is such a company.. pls tell me..

its the same on yr rackets...

if u r fussy about paint work...then.. buy a racket n store....dun even use it....cos...its norm... to have chips...

n btw the rackets r not designed for scooping the shuttle up

lastly... if u find yonex...paintwork..lousy.... then y u want accept the racket in the 1st place?

:confused:

13. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

well all my old yonex paint has no chip or any sort of problem i am trying to point out that yonex paint work is getting worse and yes u can get your whole car repainted

14. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

noted... not to worry...i am not yonex..staff..or any...
    is either u try complain to yonex direct... i doubt they will even bother to reply u.
    maybe u shd consider not to buy any of yonex racket...if u think the paintwork is getting worse.

15. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

Well ii buy yonex because is yonex and they make good rackets I love them but is sad how their paint quality is not as good as it use to be

16. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The older Yonex racquets are painted with a lead based paint, which is thicker, more durable but also more hazardous to work with and is no longer allowed by health safety environment laws nowadays. The paint used now is water based, according to silentheart IIRC.

There is no point to be so fussy about such minor details. A totally unpainted or stripped of paint racquet can still play as well as a painted one provided there is no damage to the graphite.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    There have been examples that car makers had to recall cars due to poor paint quality..

for exaple:

Recall Date:
    2008-08-07

Summary:
    SMART USA IS RECALLING 43 MY 2008 FORTWO 451 VEHICLES. A SINGLE BATCH OF PAINT SENT TO THE COMPANY DID NOT MEET SPECIFICATIONS. A RE-WORK WAS DONE IN THE PLANT USING DIFFERENT FORMULATIONS OF PAINTING MATERIALS. AFTER THE RE-WORK WAS COMPLETED, IT WAS DETERMINED THAT THE COMBINATION OF MATERIALS USED TO REPAINT THE FRAME AND CHASSIS COULD LEAD TO DE LAMINATION OF THE PAINT MATERIALS FROM THE BODY AND FRAME STRUCTURES.

Consequences:
    SUCH DE LAMINATING CAN TAKE PLACE IN THE AREA OF THE BODY WHERE THE WINDSHIELD AND ROOF HAVE BEEN AFFIXED WITH ADHESIVE, WHICH COULD AFFECT THE ADHESION OF THOSE COMPONENTS TO THE VEHICLE BODY, INCREASING THE RISK OF SEPARATION. THIS COULD CAUSE A CRASH IF THE ROOF OR WINDSHIELD SEPARATED FROM THE VEHICLE WHILE IN MOTION.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL REPAINT THE AFFECTED AREAS TO MEET SPECIFICATIONS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 18, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SMART USA AT 1-248-648-2451.

Component Affected:
    STRUCTURE:FRAME AND MEMBERS

Potential Cars Affected:

Notes:
    SMART USA DISTRIBUTOR LLC

18. Blitzzards

There is a perfectly reasonable action for the recalling of the cars. Take a good read of the consequence resulting from the paint quality. I have highlighted it as follows:

With kill895's case, we have a totally different scenario. You cannot blame the paint quality for not being able to hold up completely indestructibly when the owner keeps repeating the action of scooping shuttles with the racquet frame off the floor and insisting that it should do no damage to the paint while he could just simply bent downwards and use his hand to pick it up perfectly. If you could value your car's paint and avoid coming into colliding and scratching the paint off with obstacles then why are you not able to not use your racquet to pick up shuttles from the floor and risk scratching the paint?

By the way a badminton racquet's (or any racquet-sport racquets) value is too minor compared to a car's paint. No one even pays attention to the small scratches on a racquet anyway during a game and even the professional players would use a racquet even if it is riddled with scratches and paint chips from clashes as long as it still performs well and has not broken yet. There is no point for the manufacturer to offer a full original paint job repaint.

Unless with twobeer's VT80, which is a clear miss in quality control that can be arranged for replacement easily.

19. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

well this is the first time u scoop it up with the arcsaber and it scratch

20. Blitzzards

Did you check that the floor is totally clean and totally void of any sharp objects such as sand before you scoop the shuttle with your racquet on your first attempt? If so and you can prove it then there is definitely something wrong with the paint, coming apart such easily on minor friction with a relatively smooth floor!