Best way to find places to train

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by smieling, Aug 27, 2011.

1. smieling

smieling New Member

I really hope it's appropriate to ask here.

I've been playing badminton for 2 years and I wanted to find coach/club and maybe explore my options to get trained. I'm 19 currently, not sure if thats too old.

My problem is that I don't know where to start, how do i go about finding a place/person? ask friends, search the internet ??

practically any information that you can give me would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

2. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

how about try asking the people in the club you play at? maybe they would know. if nothing else you can search "badminton training toronto" and look from there.

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
  4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Depending on the place, this can be a lot of fun. Where I come from, it took me 4 years to find a coach to train me. I had to go overseas to get weekend coaching from this man (http://badminton-coach.co.uk/).

At the very least, train urself. Get fit. I suggest badminton lifes "the ultimate badminton athlete" which you can do on ur own. I also suggest to find a better player and try and play with or against him.

For example its the off season here, so I am getting super fit, play 2 times a week, once doubles, once singles. My singles partner is very good, so its good for me to play against him. We also so a few drills like drives routines, backhand drops and clear rountines etc. Doing rountines help to make you more consistent.

Ur never too young. I started when I was 20. 25 now and playing at a good standard. I wont be a professional but i love competing and getting better at the game. Good luck to you