Some suggestions for the buy/sell market

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by JukUx, Aug 27, 2011.

1. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Hello,

Recently I've been buying and selling a few rackets of my own and I noticed how unorganized the buy/selling forum is. I know that many many many sellers just open a new thread every single time selling the same stuff and the mods have to come in and clean it up and the mods would have to tell the seller to stop making new threads so often and just bump your own thread. However, when you "bump" your own thread, its not even a bump, your thread just appears on the sell/buy market area and if someone else bumps, yours is gone. Therefore, I see many sellers opting to close their thread and make a new one and they'd keep doing that which ultimately is basically like spamming threads that mods have to clean up. I mean, only those that have some basic experience in forum buying/selling would use the search option. Many just keep through the first 3-5 pages mainly? and if they don't see anything they'd just leave. I do have an example of this, as when I asked my buyer how'd he find my thread, he basically told me that we just flipped through the first 3 pages. Anyways...

Some suggestions I have that could be implemented are:

1) if possible, why not create groups like how the places to play place is organized? I mean people could then just browse according to their country. Example: Canada east -> selling blah blah blah (gta) This is would keep it more organized imo, and it would make it easier on people as they are able to go straight to their country and view. Now, the only issue i see with this is... those that wish to ship internationally... which leads me to...
    (Just read another thread that says that there's too many countries to split into etc etc, so scratch this!)

2)BST Feedback...again, if possible, having a feedback system would be quite plausible. Recently, I've had my fair share with dealing with HORRIBLE people. Those that arrange meets, and don't even show up, or don't even bother to contact me, until 3 days later. Also, with Feedback, people would be able to see who can be trusted or what not. From what I hear around the forums, buyers don't really trust those with very little posts. But, you have to understand, some use BC just for selling/buying their rackets. And you could only trust their reliability by checking out their profile and clicking "see all forums posts" to see how often or how many times have they sold or bought products from the market.

3) Lastly, even if making groups or doing feedback is impossible, how about actually making a bump system that brings your post back to the first page? Kind of like Redflagdeals where you have your own selling thread, and you can just bump it which would allow it to go on top to page 1. This way, it would keep buyers/sellers from creating new threads constantly which would create less of a mess.

Just giving some friendly suggestions to help the badminton central, please don't take offense to any of this :). I know a lot of the mods don't have time or some of this stuff might be really hard to accomplish and may not be reasonable at all, I am just giving some suggestions and my own thoughts to help the forum :)

Thanks!

(edit too lazy to re-read what I wrote, sooo, sorry for any spelling errors C: )

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D The bumping "system" worked as you would expect before but countermeasures have been put in place and I guess that particular section is now sorted by starting date rather than last reply because people started bumping as soon as they dropped of page 1 or even from top thread :rolleyes:. But you can certainly make a case it's (bumping) not worse than several of the same threads over and over ...

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I really do like the idea of having a feedback system in the for sale section. I've sold or traded with maybe a half dozen BCers and it would be nice to have that recognized because it gives you kudos for being reputable and more people would feel comfortable with doing overseas sales and trades.

4. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Really like the idea of a feedback system. Making it easier for people to recognize reputable sellers/buyers.

5. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I completely agree with you. It's a pain for people in similar situations like me where pretty much everyone on the Buy and Sell forum is based in either MY, SG or GTA, and occasionally Australia and UK but it would be much more helpful to create a way to just search for your country or at least make it a rule that you have to state what country you're based in and whether you're willing to ship internationally because I've spent ages just flicking through threads to find about 1 out of 70 threads that are UK. The feedback idea is good too because as was mentioned above, people seem suspicious because they have <10 posts but actually it's only because they only use BC for buy and sell.