New member from Leicester, UK

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by InvincibleAjay, Aug 29, 2011.

1. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hello all,

Although I have just joined, I have been browsing these forums for over 4 years now, I find them very informative and useful.

I am a league badminton player from the Leicester, UK. I am also heavily involved in the county badminton association and futhermore am a Level 2 registered Badminton England coach. As a player myself, I would say I play to a decent standard, I always look on ways to improve the weaknesses in my current game. I recently attended a masterclass by Nathan Robertson and Gail Emms and it was brilliant learning new techniques and tactics from players that have played badminton at the highest level.

I love the sport immensely and our club is one of the biggest in the county. We also have two junior clubs which I manage and coach our juniors. I love passing on my experience and knowledge to the new breed of young badminton players.

For anyone interested in playing competitive league badminton in Leicestershire please check out our website: www.lbabadminton.org. Any queries, please feel free to contact me.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

2. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Welcome!

I see you're not too far away from Birmingham where I live at the moment. Good to see some more UK members joining, especially ones involved with the league/ county. There certainly appear to be more UK based members than when I first joined.

Hope you get a lot out of the forum, although it sounds like you could have a lot to give to the forum.

3. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Thanks Sevex for a warm welcome, it is greatly appreciated. Do you play for the county or league in Birmingham?

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

4. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I will be playing in the Solihull league (and maybe Worcester) this year, although not at a particularly high level. I only moved to Birmingham in December so I'm not entirely sure how things work but it should be fun.

County is a bit beyond me at the moment. My footwork is far too slow!

5. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Ahh okay, good luck for the new season. I play in the Leicestershire doubles league (both mens and mixed) and also in the Singles league which I help organise.

I've started to do footwork drills to help me improve my footwork also. That is the key to getting better.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

6. kevvyg

kevvyg New Member

Electro-mechanical technician
    Hi, my name is Kevin and I've been playing Badminton as a hobby for about a year, playing doubles with friends at Soar Valley leisure centre in Mountsorrel a couple of times a week. I really enjoy it and would like to improve. I'm looking at joining a local club, but would like some coaching on the basics. I'm using a Carlton Air Stream at the moment, which I like a lot! Maybe you could let me know what you charge for lessons? Would you be able to make it to the leisure centre, or do you have somewhere where you coach? Hopefully I'd like to get good enough to enter competitions.Regards,Kevin

7. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delayed response, I have just sent you a pm, please check it out.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.

8. RazerCutter

RazerCutter Regular Member

Media Consultant
    welcome to bc!