Stringing with Gamma X-2 Tennis Stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by badmad, Aug 30, 2011.

1. badmad

badmad Regular Member

Folks,

I am borrowing this stringer from my friend who uses this machine to string his tennis racket.

Do you guys think that I can use this machine to string my badminton racket? The product description says that it hash 2 floating clamps. So i am hopeful that I'll be able to fix my racket head on this machine. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamma-X-2-Ten...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1314647644&sr=1-1

thanks,

2. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    This machine is the same as the Gamma (ATSSports) Progression 200, at least that's what the rep told me when I ordered. It can be used for badminton but you'll need to get badminton floating clamps. The ones it comes with are for tennis racquets that are bulky and get in the way.

I've strung about 50+ racquets so far and have not had any issues other than messing up a Nanospeed 100 when I was practicing because I forgot to tighten something.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. it looks like it will do badminton fine. with badminton flying clamps will be better.

have you string a racket before? this machine is a two points mount, flying clamp and drop weight which requires extra caution from the stringer.

two point mounting you should start from lower tension and work up to higher one as the racket will deform more.

flying clamps has issue with starting the first main string to avoid pulling two strings.

and drop weight you need to be careful which scale/weight (if there are two) to use for badminton, and also be patient and slow when lowering the weight.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The GX-2 is widely reputed to be the best of the 2-point dropweights (and I believe it's got a clutch on the axle) so it should be perfectly fine. The support towers move in and out along the bottom bar, so you can fit rackets of all sizes in it:).