Any rackets that have 20/21 stringing patterns?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sautom88, Sep 1, 2011.

1. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Using a Babolat Nitro; std length n medium stiff shaft, head heavy w 30.5 balance point @89gr. Very very powerful due to stringing pattern of 20/21 on an isometric head. Would like to reduce the head heavyness due to old age (i am 48yrs old now). Looking for a replacement racket any suggestion? Also own as a spare an old Ti7 long i believe, original from late 90s. Also ok (that was my old main racket). Intermediate-advanced level play, mostly doubles or triples (yes! 3 vs 3 because too old to move fast. he..he..he..);)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pretty much all the new Babolats are 20x21. they have a XFeel series that came out last year with stiffer shaft and selective woven graphite. this year they have a new Satelite 6.5 series that has 6.5mm shaft and overall less aggressive on stiffness.

but aside from that, AFAIK, no other manufacturers are adventurous enough to go less than 22 main strings. (well, Prince did almost 2 decade ago... but that's about it)

3. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Thanks. Any indonesian reader can help me find the babolats here. it looked like they left indo's market a few years back. Or maybe dunlops also will do.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in case you didn't find any, i have had good service from e78.com.hk. i usually directly deal with him via email or via messaging him in facebook. seems to be reliable and have decent prices. Babolats are especially affordable with the top of the line going for HK$6xx which is around US$8x depending on the model. i just ordered a Babolat Satelite 6.5 Blast from them. will be receiving it soon.

5. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

So our boss also plays or enjoy babolat. Do you use them regularly or only collecting them?
    Which of the new series resemble the Nitro i own? Any suggestions?

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

So our boss also owns/uses babolat. Do u use them regularly or just collecting them? Any suggestions for nitro's replacement but maybe longer rackets to give me a little more power on smashes.

7. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

sorry for the double thread, still not used to postings....:eek:

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am just curious from reading all these posting here so i went and got one. this is actually my first Babolat racket so i don't have any reference to the Nitro.

but will for sure let everyone know how this Satelite goes. meanwhile i have to review a few other (non-Babolat) ones as well.

reading BC is dangerous. esp to the wallet... ;)

9. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

As for me, i think that my nitro is a hell of a racket. I maybe able to find a close match in Yonex range but that will cost me a fortune(My nitro was only $70+). Its forte is the string repulsion but it is getting a little too head heavy for my age n now i don't need as much power as accuracy n quicker reflexes. Thanks a lot Kwun.;)