Racket recommendation for an intermediate player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bowTie, Sep 1, 2011.

1. bowTie

bowTie New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been playing badminton for almost 10 years now, but I've never really thought about my racket selection.

Since I was in the highschool team, I've always used Yonex armortec series since I was more of an attacking doubles player with capable smashes.

As I grew older I found that sometimes my shoulder gets hurt as I try to push my limit and smash harder and more frequently. Then my friend recommended me try his nanospeed 9900 and would trade it for my armortec 900 technique.

I fell in love with it and traded for it even though he reminded me that nanospeeds have a tendancy to be less durable.

However, after only playing for 6 months along with 2-3 racket clashes with my partner, I have broken the frame in half at the top.

I now realize that the main reason why i liked the nanospeed so much was because it was a head-light racket and it was overall less heavy than the armortec 900.

I want to find out whether there are any replacements for my nanospeed 9900, that would be less expensive (on a budget now with rent etc.) but with a similar racket "type" as in head-light and allows me to still smash with capable power.

My friend suggested that Victor rackets have a good reputation and are at a lower price. Any suggestions for a ns9900-like Victor rackets?

I live in Canada, and my budget is around $100 CAD.

Thank-you for reading!

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

NS990 is not known for being fragile. My NS990 has gone through wars and came back alive. I recon you should get another NS9900 if you really like it. Alternatively BS10 would be a very good replacement