User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday April 14, 2012
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty won’t let Rexy’s resignation affect Olympic preparations
    KUALA LUMPUR: National women’s doubles shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (pic) were shocked by their coach Rexy Mainaky’s resignation but they believe it will not affect their Olympic preparations.
    Yesterday, Eei Hui-Pei Tty continued to savour the company of Rexy, who will be around for a few more days before he begins work in the Philippines on May 1 as the national coaching director.
    Rexy announced his decision to leave after a seven-year stint in Malaysia during a press conference at Bukit Jalil on Thursday.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty, who dropped one rung to world No. 16 after losing in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open last week, said they were used to adapting quickly to training under new coaches.
    Besides Rexy, they have trained under Cheah Soon Kit, Pang Cheh Chang and Chang Kim Wai. And when their main coaches are away, they train with Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling.
    “We were shocked by Rexy’s resignation but we can’t do anything about it. It is Rexy’s decision and we have to accept his wish to coach in the Philippines,” said Pei Tty, who will have a special farewell dinner with Rexy and Eei Hui today.
    “I am thankful to Rexy for guiding Ee Hui and me. Prior to my injury (knee in 2010), Rexy took Eei Hui and I under his wings and allowed us to spar with the men shuttlers. That was encouraging.
    “Rexy is very serious in training and demands us to give their best and players don’t dare to take it easy. Our game used to be quite straight forward but Rexy helped us to add more variety to it.
    Eei Hui-Pei Tty, however, are still living dangerously as far as their qualification for the Olympic Games is concerned. They will take part in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) next week, followed by the India Open from April 24-29. They need to stay in the world’s top 16 ranking to be assured of an Olympic spot.
    “The India Open can make all the difference for us. Rexy is still around and when he leaves, we will continue with what he had taught us. Eei Hui and I are experienced enough and we will be able to handle ourselves. We are also used to training with Jeremy and Kien Ling,” she said. “We may face top seed Tian Qing-Zhao Yunlei of China in the second round of the ABC and we will be out for a win. In the India Open, we must reach at least the quarter-finals to confirm our Olympic ticket. It is a tricky situation but we can pull it off,” she said. Eei Hui wished Rexy well. “It is sad to see him leave. After all, he had done his best for us. What we will miss most is his motivation talks. Our preparations will not be affected by his absence as we remember all that he has taught us and we will apply it,” said Eei Hui.
    Meanwhile, national doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her praised Rexy for his contributions – especially when he is seen as the man behind the rise of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong as a respectable pair at one stage.
    “He steered Koo-Tan to success at the Asian Games in 2006 and the All-England in 2007. There have been other titles too and none can deny Rexy’s role in grooming Koo and Tan. But we have to accept the fact that coaches come and go,” said Kim Her.
    “Rexy’s departure may or may not trigger a change in the national set-up. We will surely discuss about it at the next coaching and training committee meeting (April 26).
    “There may not be any changes now because we are focused on our preparations for the Olympics but I am sure that major changes will take place after the London trip,” added Kim Her, who himself needed a rub-down after coaching his players yesterday.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm depends on what the player wants it would be a good change but before the olympic games ...?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Things must have been really(X3) bad for Rexy to leave before OG 2012. Thought he would stay on till the gals finish off the OG but I guess his heart wasnt in it after all that had happened
    Look at it this way:

In realistic terms, Malaysia's WD team isn't expected to win big at the London Olympics.

If Rexy leaves after the Olympics, he will be blamed for 'the disappointment at the OG'.
    If he leaves before the Olympics, he obviously leaves with a better-looking CV

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up This time my decision to quit Malaysia is final

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday April 13, 2012
    Rexy Mainaky finally calls time on seven-year stint as coach
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: National coach Rexy Mainaky has finally called time on his remarkable seven-year stint – one of the longest by a foreign badminton coach – in Malaysia.

Rexy had earlier quit twice – during the 2006 Asian Games and 2008 Malaysian Open – while he was the coach of the men’s doubles department but was coaxed back.

In September last year, Rexy was demoted from coaching the men’s doubles department to the women’s doubles when his blue-eyed boys Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong requested for a new coach to take their game to a higher level.

This time my decision to quit the national team is final. I informed boss Kenny (Goh, general manager) after the All-England last month,” said Rexy.

“But I want everyone to be clear that I am leaving on a good note. It should not be linked with anything bad. I have enjoyed coaching here in Malaysia and I have good working relationships with the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and the NSC.

“I have come to a stage where I wanted a new and fresh challenge.”

Although he put up a happy front, it is quite obvious that Rexy is deeply affected by someone’s actions in the BAM administration and the way the women’s doubles have been neglected. Rexy, who chose to keep some things to himself, said he is looking forward to the challenge of coaching in the Philippines under a two-year contract.

I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the programme from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million.

“To change all this will be a great accomplishment for a coach and this is what I intend to do. Park Joo-bong took over Japan when the country did not have many good players but look at where they are now. Of course, it’ll take time but I am ready for the challenge.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports
    Hope that Rexy can help Badminton in the Philippines to rise up to a higher standard/level.

BCers should realise the Malaysian problems Rexy was facing:

How could Rexy be happy in Malaysia when his bosses were telling him how to coach and his charges were telling him how they do not want to be coached?

Good Luck to Rexy in the Philippines.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-13-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what is PANG CHEH CHANG roles now?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe
    this is how BN people works around
    i dunno this,i dunno that
    i only know they playing samsung tablets and they gifted me one also

and bam decide to have centralized training outside malaysia for tc and og
    woohooooooooo,nice spending yet again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up The Philippines is paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe
    i dunno this, i dunno that

and bam decide to have centralized training outside malaysia for tc and og
    woohooooooooo, nice spending yet again
    They gifted you one also?

I have just got myself the latest Apple iPad (my first time using Apple), and it is taking me lots of time to learn how to use it. These new pads/tablets can be a distraction, I would say.

Anyway, I am still receiving news about Badminton via various sources; Here is what was reported by the Philippine Daily Inquirer:

Sunday, April 15th, 2012
    By Marc Anthony Reyes

HOPING to finally boost the development of the sport, the Philippine Badminton Association through secretary general, Rep. Albee Benitez, has announced the hiring of an Indonesian former Olympic and world champion and lavished him with an incentive package never before afforded a foreign coach.

Sources said Rexy Mainaky will be getting $12,000 (P504,000) a month on top of accommodation and schooling of his two children at a British School in Manila. The condominium rental alone is reportedly worth between P100,000 to P150,000 a month.

The deal is believed to be one of the biggest the country’s local sports officials given a foreign coach, even surpassing the reported $10,000 monthly salary of Azkals mentor Michael Weiss.

The Philippines had tapped the services of top tier coaches before, including Cuban boxing coach Raul Fernandez Liranza, who reportedly received $3,000 a month as the country’s top foreign mentor way back in the late 1990s.

Mainaky may well be worth it, though, as he mentored the powerhouse Malaysian team for seven years before he announced his resignation to coach the lowly Philippine team which he described as “a new challenge.”

“Russia had offered me even more – about $12,000 a month but I did not take it up. Indonesia and England too have asked me to join them. The Philippines is paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them because of the challenge,” he was quoted by www.thestar.com.my.

“I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the program from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million,” he told the website.

The Philippines last won a medal in the Southeast Asian Games in 2003 through siblings Kennevic and Kennie Asuncion in the mixed doubles. In the 1997 SEAG, Kennie and Amparo “Weena” Lim bagged the country’s first badminton medal, a bronze in the women’s doubles.

Lim eventually made it as the first Filipino to qualify to the Olympics in 2000. Mainaky won the men’s doubles gold in the 1996 Atlanta Games with Ricky Subagja. They emerged 1995 IBF world champs in Switzerland, 1995 and 1996 All-England titlists, and 2000 Asian titlists. Mainaky was also part of the Indonesian team that won the Thomas Cup in 1994, 1996, 1998 and 2000.

Source: http://sports.inquirer.net/40371/ph-...donesian-coach

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post

I have just got myself the latest Apple iPad (my first time using Apple), and it is taking me lots of time to learn how to use it. These new pads/tablets can be a distraction, I would say.

the 'me' in that post is not refer to me.
    read again
    haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=limsy;1881295]hehe
    i dunno this,i dunno that

[QUOTE=chris-ccc;1882295].

That is what I thought too, that Limsy got a freebie Ipad from BAM. So, when Limsy bashing BAM, I was shocked like how can he receive 'gifts' from his buddies and turn around and bash his buddies at the same time, like totally disloyal and like the chinese saying, 'eat from the top surface of the bowl, and flip the bowl next'

Now back to Ipad. My sympathy to you being bombarded with another electonic toy. There is only 24 hrs a day, how many electronic gadgets do we REALLY need to know in our already busy life? Do we really need it, and so if I am deprieved of knowing one, so what? I longed for the day when I torpedoed my Blackberry Bold and join Virgin Mobile, pay as I use it and don't give my cell number to anyone, so no one can call me especially the consultants and contractors that I deal with everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone ask this pair to get the boot after olympic?
    what a flop match in recent india open.
    perhaps BAM already ve plan to boot them out end of this 2012...
    i see they can only improve by being independent sponsor player as coming out of their comfort zone!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should be out just after the Olympics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to them for winning the Malaysian GP Gold, despite just beating their juniors in the final. Might be the last title for them as a pair and their illustrious career together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confident they will win a medal in London but for sure the medal is definitely not gold because they still have the habit to screw up when they build a big lead in mid game...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I am confident they will win a medal in London but for sure the medal is definitely not gold because they still have the habit to screw up when they build a big lead in mid game...
    What makes you think they can win a medal in OG since this GP Gold is their only title in like 1.5 years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes you think they can win a medal in OG since this GP Gold is their only title in like 1.5 years?
    Reason 1: The only pair that have spoilt their days is only Yoo/Ko. Pairs who trouble them in the recent tournaments will not feature in the Olympics. So they will enter the tournament with a different mindset and confidence.

Reason 2: Against pairs like Jung/Lee and Cai/Fu, it's always entertaining to watch however the outcome of the match is 50/50 if you analyse the game carefully. They always lose in the end because of Koo Kien Keat. His smash is as weak as a WD smash. Let alone his fitness level is not up to scratch.

Against other pairs, I think they have a fair chance of winning if they get their act together which i am sure they will because it's the Olympics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to KKK/TBH for winning at the 2012 Malaysian GP Gold.

Hope that it's an upward trend in performance/results from now onwards.

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast