Yonex Standard Grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Freerider-Dave, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Freerider-Dave

Freerider-Dave Regular Member

Building Distribution
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I could not find my answer.

I have a new arcsaber Z Slash and I love the standard grip it comes with. I have some super graps that I have rewrapped my friends rackets with. But I would really like to know what the standard grip is called so I can order it. The pictures in the brochure dont really help me. Its standard on most of the yonex rackets in the 2011 brochure. If anyone know what the grip is called please let me know.

Thanks

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    What you are looking for is the Original Grip that comes with the Yonex racket right? So what you are looking for is a leather replacement grip. Probably Yonex AC117EX is the closest thing you can get. It doesn't appear to have the word Yonex on it though.
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/accessory/grip.html

You can always contact the distributor and see if they know how to purchase an "original grip".

http://www.yonex.com/shop/europe.html

Good Luck.

3. Freerider-Dave

Building Distribution
    I talked to yonex uk and the lady there said the standard grip is somthing that is put on there in manufacturing from japan is not avalible to purchase. She also said that the other grips they sell are intended as over wraps. Does that mean when you rewrap a racket you dont remove the old grip and just put another over the top? That does not sound right to me. Although I did find when I rewrapped my friends racket with the supergrap it did feel to thin and hard against the handle.

4. Freerider-Dave

Building Distribution
  5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What you are looking for has the code "AC124" (that is the specific one on the ArcSaber series). They seem to sell them in Holland so who knows they might have them in the UK. The ones you already used are indeed intended as overgrips, to wrap "over" the original grip. But that's all personal preference whether or not you remove the original, one thing is that it will indeed turn out thinner if you use just one of them.