User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Is the Thai Badminton Association thinking about making him an offer?
    hahah
    there are some post about reducing his salary...
    i just want to know how much is his salary
    i think thai bad association do not have much money to pay Rexy.
    But it is a different story if Siam Cement Group wants to handle Rexy's salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If BAM let Coach Rexy go, then those higher ups are much stupider than I thought. Rexy should stay for the sake of MAS WD.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rexy Mainaky finally calls time on seven-year stint as coach
    By RAJES PAUL

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...376&sec=sports

KUALA LUMPUR: National coach Rexy Mainaky has finally called time on his remarkable seven-year stint – one of the longest by a foreign badminton coach – in Malaysia.

Looking quite relaxed and even jovial during the press conference in Bukit Jalil yesterday, the 44-year-old Rexy dropped a bombshell by announcing that he is leaving to begin a new challenge as the Philippines national coaching director.

Having served the one-month notice, he will begin work in Manila on May 1, although his contract with the National Sports Council (NSC) runs until June next year.

But he will be around for the next two weeks with his Olympic-bound shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty and the other women shuttlers before officially handing over the duties to coaches Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling.

Rexy had earlier quit twice – during the 2006 Asian Games and 2008 Malaysian Open – while he was the coach of the men’s doubles department but was coaxed back.

In September last year, Rexy was demoted from coaching the men’s doubles department to the women’s doubles when his blue-eyed boys Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong requested for a new coach to take their game to a higher level.

“This time my decision to quit the national team is final. I informed boss Kenny (Goh, general manager) after the All-England last month,” said Rexy.

“But I want everyone to be clear that I am leaving on a good note. It should not be linked with anything bad. I have enjoyed coaching here in Malaysia and I have good working relationships with the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and the NSC.

“I have come to a stage where I wanted a new and fresh challenge.”

Asked why he could not wait for a few more months to guide Eei Hui-Pei Tty to the London Olympic Games before tendering his resignation letter, Rexy took a while before saying: “No comment.”

Although he put up a happy front, it is quite obvious that Rexy is deeply affected by someone’s actions in the BAM administration and the way the women’s doubles have been neglected. Rexy, who chose to keep some things to himself, said he is looking forward to the challenge of coaching in the Philippines under a two-year contract.

He denied that he was leaving for better financial terms.

“Russia had offered me even more – about US$12,000 a month but I did not take it up. Indonesia and England too have asked me to join them. The Philippines are paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them because of the challenge,” he said.

“I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the programme from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million.

“To change all this will be a great accomplishment for a coach and this is what I intend to do. Park Joo-bong took over Japan when the country did not have many good players but look at where they are now. Of course, it’ll take
    time but I am ready for the challenge.”

Asked about his moments of joy and sorrow as a coach here, he chose to speak of only two major disappointments: “I promised Malaysians that I will produce a world and Olympic champion ... but I am disappointed that I was unable to achieve either.”

Kien Keat-Boon Heong were Rexy’s best pair and they did the country proud by winning the 2006 Doha Asiad gold medal and the 2007 All-England title. They maintained their supremacy as the country’s best doubles pair over the last seven years.

The duo came close to nicking the 2010 World Championships crown but crashed out in the final in Paris and failed to make any headway at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

When prodded to give his thoughts on BAM’s coaching and training structure and also Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s chances at the London Games, Rexy said: “Everything is in place at BAM and the system is good. I can’t be saying anything else. As for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, they have a chance at the London Games ... but it all lies in their hands.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh said he was not shocked by Rexy Mainaky's resignation as he believes the former Olympic champion is professional enough to know the right time to move on after coaching in Malaysia for seven years.

Nadzmi said BAM must always be ready and be prepared in such a manner that nobody is indispensable and is confident Rexy's efforts should be continued by the other coaches that take over.

While Nadzmi said Rexy has done a good job, he felt that the Indonesian might have failed to find an effective way to make Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong rediscover their form that saw them win the 2006 Asian Games gold.

"Rexy has done his best. He is a professional and if he can't deliver he has to move on," said Nadzmi after speaking to the women's and mixed doubles players at Juara Stadium yesterday.

"Rexy has tried but he may not have found the effective formula to bring Kien Keat-Boon Heong to where they were when they began in 2006.

"Rexy didn't leave the players in the lurch as he has put up a programme until the Olympics and has also given his assistants Jeremy (Gan) and (Chong) Kein Ling equal responsibility and has trained them to take over.

"The players have also stated they can continue with the programme. The Olympics is three months away and it is the initiative and focus of the players that are going to help them in London.

"The doubles is totally a new ball game and it is about speed and power and the ability to play aggressively right to the end and I have to admit our players are lagging behind our rivals. The coaches have to give emphasis to these aspects."

Women's doubles Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, who are virtually confirmed of their places in the Olympics, thanked Rexy for his faith in them despite struggling for more than a year.

Pei Tty said Rexy's biggest contribution is to add more variety to their performance which helped them achieve better results.

"We were a little shocked but nothing can be done as he has already resigned and accepted an offer from the Philippines national team.

"We are close to qualifying for the Olympics and we are thankful to him," said Pei Tty.

"We used to adopt a straight forward game but he added variations and also improved on our skills.

"This helped us to get more quality results on the international stage.

"He is also quite serious in training and gets angry if we take it easy.

"We will continue with the programme set by him. We are also used to training under different coaches and we have no problems training under someone else."

Eei Hui said she will miss Rexy during tournaments as he is good at psyching up players before matches.

"I am sad that he is leaving because he is a good coach.

"Rexy is good at psyching us up in tournaments and we will miss his presence during matches." said Eei Hui.

Men's doubles coach Tan Kim Her also praised Rexy's efforts in identifying and nurturing Kien Keat-Boon Heong as a world class pair.

"Rexy deserves the credit of forming the Kien Keat-Boon Heong combination and making them the Asian Games champions and there were also achievements they earned under him." said Kim Her.

Rexy will continue training the women's doubles squad for another week while Pang Cheh Chang could take over after that and the final decision is expected from the coaching and training committee which meets on April 26.

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmint...hocked-1.73726

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who can understand malay, intv with WPT :
    http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2012&dt=0414&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Su kan&pg=su_02.htm

WPT credited Rexy as being instrumental in them in them qualfying for OG. She had returned from surgery & with their age(they are 30 & 31 already ), it seemed very hard to qualify. On court Rexy taught them tactics, program. Off court, he gave them confidence & encouragement that they can do it.
    So, for sure they will miss Rexy whether it's WPT/CEH or WKW/Vivian who qualifies.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 04-14-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course he is not shocked
    he is the hidden hand
    hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hats off to Rexy Mainaky...he has done so much as a coach to Malaysia and has shown he is great man with an even greater integrity and commitment on and off the court. One coach that cannot be replaced by anyone even Park Joo Bong.

Let's remember and spare a thought for him as the great coach who glorified Malaysian badminton, forget about the dirty politics and speculations we didn't know about. Good Luck in your future undertakings!

Make Philipines a formidable country in the next 2/3 years..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya lah Limsy, that's why I put a there. As if the President of the Association dunno anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have said the problem with BAM is being run by people with Datuk title than real qualification. Is this Nadzmi really that stupid? Maybe I really underestimate Nadzmi, he is really that stupid.
    First of, with the big-headed ego and sheer laziness to train on fitness, that nobody including Rexy could do anything to 'find an effective way to make Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong rediscover their form that saw them win the 2006 Asian Games gold'. And this Nadzmi chap along with NCC capitulated to this 2 fellas to train with Pang and then TKH. Rexy has not trained KKK-TBH at least 1 year, so why even associate Rexy to the failure of TBH-KKK now, these 2 fellas screw up themselves big-time. When the last time Rexy was the coach, KKK-TBH were in the top 4 and now what, they are close to out of the top 8 and cannot even get to the QF and losing confidence, blah-blah-blah, so why blame Rexy now, and where is the legend-in-his-own-mind Pang who coaxed TBHKKK to split Rexy and go with him?
    It is not that Rexy cannot deliver, it is Nadzmi, NCC and the rest of the idiots that hinder any hope of development despite all this tax-payer funding and MAYBANK loot coming into BAM.
    Rexy contribution to MAS MD - AE title, Asian Games gold, WC silver, SS titles....I bet my pet rabbit and my Yonex shoes that to the day that TBH-KKK retire, they will not win anything under Pang, TKH, and throw in the high performance crap Bata James and the rest of looters
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 04-15-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I have said the problem with BAM is being run by people with Datuk title than real qualification. Is this Nadzmi really that stupid? Maybe I really underestimate Nadzmi, he is really that stupid.
    First of, with the big-headed ego and sheer laziness to train on fitness, that nobody including Rexy could do anything to 'find an effective way to make Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong rediscover their form that saw them win the 2006 Asian Games gold'. And this Nadzmi chap along with NCC capitulated to this 2 fellas to train with Pang and then TKH. Rexy has not trained KKK-TBH at least 1 year, so why even associate Rexy to the failure of TBH-KKK now, these 2 fellas screw up themselves big-time. When the last time Rexy was the coach, KKK-TBH were in the top 4 and now what, they are close to out of the top 8 and cannot even get to the QF and losing confidence, blah-blah-blah, so why blame Rexy now, and where is the legend-in-his-own-mind Pang who coaxed TBHKKK to split Rexy and go with him?
    It is not that Rexy cannot deliver, it is Nadzmi, NCC and the rest of the idiots that hinder any hope of development despite all this tax-payer funding and MAYBANK loot coming into BAM.
    Rexy contribution to MAS MD - AE title, Asian Games gold, WC silver, SS titles....I bet my pet rabbit and my Yonex shoes that to the day that TBH-KKK retire, they will not win anything under Pang, TKH, and throw in the high performance crap Bata James and the rest of looters
    sabar bro..sabar...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever Nadzmi says is ironic .. since the most qualified coach of them all.. hands down... is rexy mainaky..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The statement from CEH & WPT is clear enough that Rexy is not only a good coach for sharpen up their technic, he is also a good in encouraging players... He is a complete coach...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch China player at open tournament. When a game finishes, the coach and players will take turn to report to LYB at the end of their match. The coach, player and LYB discuss the just concluded match in an intense discussion that doesn’t last more than 10 mins. Then the coach and player I assume will take LYB’s word and work on their weaknesses and strength,
    LYB doesn’t sits at the court with player and coach during the match but he watches from the podium. LYB know what it takes to win, not just a game or an event but the whole tournament. We see China dominating whole tournament all the time. He sees the overall picture but of course he can’t sit on every game. And it makes me wonder, what man has that kind of vision in our Malaysian counterpart. Datuk Nadzmi or Bata James?
    Sad to see Rexy go but also happy that in his new contract with Phillipine he will be empowered to pick his player and draw out the training programme. Rexy has been mistreated long enough under the BAM, underused and not getting the recognition he deserved. I think Rexy should had been given the role like Li Yong Bo or at least what is near his level, playing mastermind, coordinating the coaches and the training programme.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limb7567 View Post
    I watch China player at open tournament. When a game finishes, the coach and players will take turn to report to LYB at the end of their match. The coach, player and LYB discuss the just concluded match in an intense discussion that doesn’t last more than 10 mins. Then the coach and player I assume will take LYB’s word and work on their weaknesses and strength,
    LYB doesn’t sits at the court with player and coach during the match but he watches from the podium. LYB know what it takes to win, not just a game or an event but the whole tournament. We see China dominating whole tournament all the time. He sees the overall picture but of course he can’t sit on every game. And it makes me wonder, what man has that kind of vision in our Malaysian counterpart. Datuk Nadzmi or Bata James?
    Sad to see Rexy go but also happy that in his new contract with Phillipine he will be empowered to pick his player and draw out the training programme. Rexy has been mistreated long enough under the BAM, underused and not getting the recognition he deserved. I think Rexy should had been given the role like Li Yong Bo or at least what is near his level, playing mastermind, coordinating the coaches and the training programme.
    their eyesight is full with money
    how to do supervision?
    hehe
    see how rashid yawn everytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of BAM's goals:
    • To encourage, promote and control the game of Badminton in Malaysia
    Ehemmm enough said....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limb7567 View Post
    I think Rexy should had been given the role like Li Yong Bo or at least what is near his level, playing mastermind, coordinating the coaches and the training programme.
    Dude, To empower a foreign coach to run BAM like LYB does in CHN, that will never EVER happen. Where got fun anymore lah if that ever happens? Someone has to do the tough job to hire his high-performance-whatever-heck-that-means buddies even though these clowns are totally inept and incompetent for the job, to help to distribute all these loots coming in. MAS Boleh

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Olympic champ to coach Phl shuttlers

By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated April 15, 2012

MANILA, Philippines - An Olympic gold medalist and former world champion from Indonesia will soon start calling the shots for the Philippine badminton team.

Of course, it doesn’t come cheap.

Rexy Mainaky, part of the Indon team that won the doubles gold in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and the 1995 World Championships in Lausanne, carries a price tag of $12,000 (roughly P500,000) a month.

On top of his monthly salary, enough to pay a pair of local coaches for a year, Mainaky will have his two kids enrolled in a British school in Manila, and will stay in a P100,000-a-month condominium unit.

The Philippine Badminton Association, headed by Vice President Jojo Binay and with sports patron Manny V. Pangilinan as chairman, is pinning all its hopes on the 44-year-old Indon coach.

Badminton was not included by the Philippine Sports Commission in its priority list because it has failed to produce any medal for the country in international competitions.

But it won’t stop PBA officials from pursuing their dream of putting the Philippines back in the badminton map.
    “Now on our part, our chairman Mr. Manny Pangilinan has raised most of the funds required by badminton. Now we have a program that has a budget of about P30 million,” Negros Occidental (third district) Rep. Albee Benitez, PBA secretary-general, recently told a local paper.

“It’s something that has never been heard of in the history of badminton,” said the youthful congressman, adding that the association will soon embark on a nationwide campaign to boost the popular sport.

Philippine Olympic Committee president Jose Cojuangco should welcome the PBA move, which could be used as a role for the other national sports associations (NSAs).

Cojuangco has cited the need for top quality foreign coaches but said since the government can’t really afford them for all the NSAs then these associations should practice self-sufficiency.

The Philippines used to pay foreign coaches a little over $2,500 a month until recently that some NSAs found their way to hire the better ones, like the Philippine football team which has experienced great surge under foreign coaches like Simon McMenemy and Michael Weiss.

“We cannot get the best coaches in the world if we will stick with that amount. So we need to spend more to hire them this time,” said Cojuangco.

With Mainaky around, the Philippines hopes to do better in the badminton scene, and relive the days when the Asuncions, Kennevic and Kennie, and Weena Lim won medals in the SEA Games. Lim also made it to the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Mainaky had a coaching stint in England, and recently in Malaysia. There were other offers, including Russia, but he chose the Philippines because of the challenge of turning the team into a contender.

“I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the program from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million,’’ he told a badminton website.

"To change all this will be a great accomplishment for a coach and this is what I intend to do,” added Mainaky, armed with credentials three inches thick.

Now he has to put his words into action.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast