User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 155
  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If only Phillipines can afford a MS coach like Hendrawan or to bring in one of the top CHN coach like a Li Miao, it will be a go. If Rexy can coach TBH-KKK from scratch to SE, AG and AE titles, and brought Vivien and her partner, and CEH-WPT from injury back to qualify for OLY12 within 1 year, with the full control PBA in their wisdom), given him, there is a lot of positives in Phillipines. I think Rexy needs more than 2 years to do this thingie.

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm, according to what Rexy told the Msian press, it's not USD12,000, Russia offered that. Philipines, should be less. Dont think BAM paid that high either.
    But Rexy's passion for baddy, as player & coach is indeniable. From England OG silver medalist to Msia AG, AE champs & everything in between, he made it happen.

    Uncle OTB, 2 years hard lah. Did you watch the Axiata Cup? If those players are the current national players, 4 years is more realistic. 1st target, SEA Games medal

  3. Likes limsy liked this post
  4. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If only Phillipines can afford a MS coach like Hendrawan or to bring in one of the top CHN coach like a Li Miao, it will be a go. If Rexy can coach TBH-KKK from scratch to SE, AG and AE titles, and brought Vivien and her partner, and CEH-WPT from injury back to qualify for OLY12 within 1 year, with the full control PBA in their wisdom), given him, there is a lot of positives in Phillipines. I think Rexy needs more than 2 years to do this thingie.
    who is this li miao?
    a cat?haha

  5. #123
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It seems, Razif Sidek believes BAM has "acted very naively" by allowing Rexy to leave before the OG, and before his contract runs its course.

    Razif persoal keputusan Rexy

  6. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    who is this li miao?
    a cat?haha
    I prefer Li Mau Ais
    haha...

  7. #125
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    It seems, Razif Sidek believes BAM has "acted very naively" by allowing Rexy to leave before the OG, and before his contract runs its course.Razif persoal keputusan Rexy
    There is a reason why Rexy didn't discuss with Razif as Razif did say that Malaysia does not need any foreign coach.....after KKK/TBH chose Pang over Rexy....honestly it is a bit arrogant...

  8. Likes limsy liked this post
  9. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    There is a reason why Rexy didn't discuss with Razif as Razif did say that Malaysia does not need any foreign coach.....after KKK/TBH chose Pang over Rexy....honestly it is a bit arrogant...
    There's no need for Rexy to discuss with Razif, Razif is outsider. But NSC's Datuk Z said normally Rexy will discuss with him if there are problems but this time Rexy didnt. Frankly I think all the while there has been 2 camps, one for and one against foreign coaches. Rexy can survive 7 years with all these politicians around already good. If high calibre local coach like Misbun couldnt stand their nonsense, others wouldnt either

  10. Likes limsy liked this post
  11. #127
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    There's no need for Rexy to discuss with Razif, Razif is outsider. But NSC's Datuk Z said normally Rexy will discuss with him if there are problems but this time Rexy didnt. Frankly I think all the while there has been 2 camps, one for and one against foreign coaches. Rexy can survive 7 years with all these politicians around already good. If high calibre local coach like Misbun couldnt stand their nonsense, others wouldnt either
    they dont need to stand
    they are one of them
    ask rashid sidek
    hehe

    how to people think about the relationship between misbun+razif and rashid?
    anyone to have a guess?

  12. #128
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    There is a reason why Rexy didn't discuss with Razif as Razif did say that Malaysia does not need any foreign coach.....after KKK/TBH chose Pang over Rexy....honestly it is a bit arrogant...
    Yes, BAM arrogance and the player themselves also of course..Maybe rexy leaving malaysia is a good choice for him and his family after all..

  13. #129
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday April 18, 2012
    So what triggered Rexy’s sudden departure?
    In The Sport-Light
    By RAJES PAUL



    PETALING JAYA: The timing of Rexy Mainaky’s departure from the national team last week caught many by surprise.
    It had been expected immediately after Rexy was demoted and put in charge of the women’s doubles players last September when his blue-eyed boys Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong demanded a change of coaches.
    The 44-year-old former Olympic and world champion, however, swallowed his pride and took up the challenge and did quite well to guide Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty and Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei into the world top 20.
    Rexy, who holds Malaysian permanent residence (PR), declared that this country was his second home and even contemplated setting up his own badminton academy here when his job of guiding Pei Tty-Eei Hui was done.
    So the sudden change of heart and urgency came as a surprise when Rexy dropped the bombshell last Thursday, saying he was leaving Malaysia to coach the Philippines.
    He was not expected to go — at least not until after London and especially not in the midst of Eei Hui-Pei Tty’s fight for survival in their qualification for their third Olympics.

    So why the hurry? What triggered Rexy to even leave his wife and children behind in Malaysia to take up the challenge in the Philippines? Who, or what, pushed him so far that he took off faster than Usain Bolt?
    Why risk being branded as a coach willing to leave his players in the lurch?

    More interestingly, why didn’t the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) stop him or even delay his resignation for another two months? There was no emergency meeting nor any official pressing the panic button like when Misbun Sidek quit more than a year ago.

    In fact, the decision, nobody seems to know by whom, to accept Rexy’s resignation was conveyed to the council members via email.
    BAM’s decision to take Rexy’s resignation lightly must have crushed the man.

    Who would not after all the sacrifices that he had made, even though his coaching calibre was challenged following the decline of 2006 Asian Games and 2007 All-England champions Kien Keat-Boon Heong.

    Did Rexy fail to do his job or did the players not help themselves?
    It will not be wrong to say that Rexy’s uneasiness began with BAM accommodating Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s request to train under Pang Cheh Chang after the failure at the World Championships last August and with the promotion of Tan Kim Her as the men’s doubles chief coach.

    The sudden shift in the roles and responsibilities broke the harmonious relationship among the coaches.
    A jovial Rexy resorted to working on his own, without having much communication with the other coaches during training session — at least not like before.

    Are there cliques among the coaches? Is there back-biting and intrigue? How united are the coaches? Are they too preoccupied with personal agendas and politics? Are the players drawn into this game as well and forced to choose sides in order to survive and win selection for international tournaments?
    So many questions and so few answers. Whatever it is, they could go a long way towards answering why the national players are not faring well in international competition.

    Clearly, there are too many cooks in the BAM kitchen and it is anybody’s guess who is playing Gordon Ramsay(.)
    One thing is clear, Rexy’s resignation highlights the need for a supremo to handle all aspects of coaching. There are more than 20 coaches in the national set-up whose salaries add up to more than RM200,000 a month.
    They must be constantly monitored to see that they do their jobs well, sans the politics and manipulations rife in Malaysian sports.
    BAM will review and make plans for their next Olympic cycle after the London Games. Looking at how fragile the coaching system is right now, a major change is inevitable.

    http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

  14. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehe,surely more than rm 200k lah
    not included the president,vice president and the list goes on

  15. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    and of far faraway
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a fact that not a single good coach can survive with BAM. From Fang Kai Xiang, Yang Yang, Han Jian, Chen Chang Jie, chen kang n chen hong yong, morten frost, indra gunawan, park joo bong, li mao,Misbun sidek .... now rexy is added to the list . What's the problem with BAM? I respect some of the coaches who were outspoken and criticized the problems within the structure of BAM, be it on the coaching side or management side. None of them were being heard. Ignorance because of arrogance . VIP Officials don't think the problem lies with the BAM. As an organization, if the employee cannot deliver they got to be axed..why? Because they are highly paid so they must deliver, if they can't , they have to go. These people who control BAM are not player, and they can never understand the responsibility and passion of a coach towards the game. They coach whole-heartedly but when there is no result, they are being treated like nobody. The last resort of these former world champions and olympic champions to save their pride and dignity is to quit. It is not worth it....except for the money. Although the offer of coaching salary is high but for these coaches it is not the joy and satisfaction that they are looking for.

  16. Likes limsy liked this post
  17. #132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racquetor View Post
    It's a fact that not a single good coach can survive with BAM. From Fang Kai Xiang, Yang Yang, Han Jian, Chen Chang Jie, chen kang n chen hong yong, morten frost, indra gunawan, park joo bong, li mao,Misbun sidek .... now rexy is added to the list . What's the problem with BAM? I respect some of the coaches who were outspoken and criticized the problems within the structure of BAM, be it on the coaching side or management side. None of them were being heard. Ignorance because of arrogance . VIP Officials don't think the problem lies with the BAM. As an organization, if the employee cannot deliver they got to be axed..why? Because they are highly paid so they must deliver, if they can't , they have to go. These people who control BAM are not player, and they can never understand the responsibility and passion of a coach towards the game. They coach whole-heartedly but when there is no result, they are being treated like nobody. The last resort of these former world champions and olympic champions to save their pride and dignity is to quit. It is not worth it....except for the money. Although the offer of coaching salary is high but for these coaches it is not the joy and satisfaction that they are looking for.
    Dude, maybe you are living far, faraway that you are missing the reasons why those BAM chaps who are doing the hiring and firing, but they themselves stay on and on. These chaps control the money flow, they have the power and entitlement, and they are Datuks, that means connections and in MAS, connection is everything, far more important than qualifications. They hire their buddies even though their buddies are ex-lawyer who know little of badminton and in turn hire another buddy who is ex-Bata chap who was an ex-player who did not win anything or did not know-how-to-win anything when he was plaything except he is a Datuk now, so they feed into the system. If it is not for one scrawny chap who still can win to keep the system going, the whole darn thingie is a complete failure. If you say the coaches are highly paid, again I must say you are hibernating too far, faraway that if you find out how much these BAM chaps pay themselves, I guarantee you will move to a cave in Afganistan, throw away your computer and we will never hear from you again, then you are really far, faraway. So LYB is right that BAM is totally inept

  18. Likes limsy liked this post
  19. #133
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy had left Malaysia today....Mabuhay!!!Welcme to Phillippines!! The pers conference will be on April 24...

  20. Likes limsy liked this post
  21. #134
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Goodbye MAS, Hello PHI.

  22. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the best to Rexy....We are looking forward for emerging PHI players...

  23. #136
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Binay makes rare Forum appearance
    04/23/2012
    http://www.tribuneonline.org/sports/20120423spo5.html


    In a rare, personal appearance, Vice President Jejomar Binay will be the special guest in tomorrow’s lively session of the weekly PSA Forum at Shakey’s UN Ave.

    Binay, also president of the Philippine Badminton Association (PBA), is coming along with new Philippine team coach Rexy Mainaky of Indonesia, players Malvinne Ann Alcala and Marky Alcala, and PBA secretary-general Albee Benitez.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rexy Mainaky wife Injured
    By terry in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 44
    : 05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
  2. Rexy Mainaky & Ricky Subagia
    By rotanimod in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 19
    : 08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
  3. Rexy Mainaky Interview 25/3/07
    By ixory in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 72
    : 05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
  4. [REQUEST] Any vids with Rexy Mainaky?
    By wedgewenis in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 9
    : 05-19-2007, 04:37 AM
  5. Rexy Mainaky will play again
    By Sandy in forum 2007 Tournaments
    Replies: 16
    : 05-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •