User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that guys and gals with Chinese surnames will emerge to national level under Rexy's watch rather than indigenous Filipinos.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King's View Post
    I have a feeling that guys and gals with Chinese surnames will emerge to national level under Rexy's watch rather than indigenous Filipinos.
    Not many chinese Filipino so far.....a lot of works for rexy in next 6 months at least....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Not many chinese Filipino so far.....a lot of works for rexy in next 6 months at least....
    The Filipino-Chinese can afford the gears, equipments with (presumably) and access to local professional coaches to begin with. Most probably, not-so with local guys, which may find it a bit too much to fork out the basics just to enjoy the game much more to play it at national level.

Lots of work indeed for the man, good luck Rexy. May you have much success.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday April 24, 2012
    I will always be thankful to coach Rexy, says Kien Keat
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat left for the India Open yesterday with a clear mind after finally finding closure over his contentious parting with former coach Rexy Mainaky.
    Kien Keat broke his silence saying that, despite the somewhat acrimonious parting, he appreciated Rexy for his guidance from 2006 that saw him reaching the pinnacle of the sport with Tan Boon Heong.
    His frank admission came at the right time as the former Olympic and world champion Rexy left for the Philippines yesterday to take up his appointment as the national coaching director.
    Thanks a lot: Koo Kien Keat still has a lot of respect for his former coach Rexy Mainaky
    Kien Keat said he would miss Rexy and would not forget all the coaching, input, advice, friendship and good times they had shared.
    “I will always be thankful and grateful to have been coached by him,” said Kien Keat.
    “There are many good memories as well as also some awkward ones when we had our misunderstandings. But it was all done in the spirit of the game and never personal. It’s quite disappointing to see him leave although Boon Heong and I haven’t been under him for more than seven months.
    “He loves to crack jokes and he lightens things up after a hard day’s training. One thing I will always remember about him is his perseverance. He keeps on battling no matter what. He never gave up up on us and I respect him for that. It was our decision to part ways with him last year,” he said.
    Kien Keat and Boon Heong, the former world No. 1, had requested for a new coach after their failure to make an impact at last year’s World Champ*ionships in London.
    They were placed under Pang Cheh Chang briefly before national doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her took over to restore their confidence and form ahead of the London Olympics.
    “It was a difficult decision to make. We weren’t playing well and the pressure was on all of us — the coaches, the management, Boon Heong and me. There were many factors that led us to finally decide that it would be best if we parted company,” said Kien Keat.
    “We needed something new and Rexy was trying to help but nothing was working. I felt sorry about it but the decision was taken after consulting the management. It seemed to be the best thing to do at that time.
    “This is, however, not the end of my relationship with Rexy. He has invited Lee Chong Wei and I to help out after the Olympics and we will go over to the Philippines once in a while,” he said.
    Under Rexy, Kien Keat-Boon Heong ended the country’s 36-year-wait for an Asian Games gold in 2006 Doha. They also won the 2007 All-England and did well to win 12 other Open titles.
    Their major disappointment was at the 2010 World Championships when they came within a whisker of becoming the country’s first world champions but lost to Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the final. They have not forgotten their failure to win any medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
    Now that Kien Keat’s conscience is clear about his relationship with Rexy, he is now all focused and determined to get a timely boost ahead of the London Games with a good showing at the India Open in New Delhi.
    “We have had a solid one month training as part of our preparation for the Open after our second round defeat at the All-England. Boon Heong and I want to get our game going and try to enjoy competing again,” said Kien Keat.
    “Physically, we are in better shape thanks to all the hard work in the gym. The fans are expecting some positive results from us ahead of the Olympics and we hope to give them something to cheer about in India,” he added.
    The world No. 8 Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who have not won any Super Series title since the 2010 Malaysia Open, are in the same half as top seeds Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae of South Korea and China’s Cai Biao-Guo Zhengdong.
    In the other half with second seeds Ko Sung-hyun-Yoo Yeon-seong of South Korea are Indo*ne*sia’s Mohd Ahsan-Bona Septano, Alven Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan and Malaysia’s Lim Khim Wah-Goh V Shem.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Privately, KKK could be saying "Ah Boon, see, all your fault, now coach left already."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, England. Then, Malaysia. Both (more or less ) success. Now, The Philippines.
    Come on, Rexy. Be Guus Hiddink of Badminton!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today at pers conference attracted media crowd....I had to say that many of them did not know who is Rexy..after hearing all his achievements...they were like wow.....so many questions why rexy chose this country, what's his plan...what he thinks about badminton of phillippines...how much is the salary...etc....

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some good memories, good times, and a glimpse into what made Rexy a legend. And the legend isn't done yet, no Sir!

Last edited by cobalt; 04-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, can imagine the philipines reporters open their mouth big when they hear Rexy was the one who guided Nathan R/Gail Emms to win 2004 OG silver and KKK/TBh to win 2006AG,2007 AE. Philipines the last time won medal in badminton SEA games.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alcala siblings win crowns in Swiss age group netfest
    By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated October 04, 2012

http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticl...bcategoryid=69

Excerpts:

...All the hard work under Olympic champion Rexy Mainaky of Indonesia is slowly bearing fruit for the young members of the Philippine badminton team. “The results are coming in and we’re very, very happy. The hard work is starting to pay off,” said Philippine Badminton Association (PBA) secretary-general Albee Benitez.

...Malvinne, 16, ruled the 19-under division in the Swiss International Junior Badminton Championships while Mark, only 13, made heads turn when he topped the 17-under division.

Malvinne whipped England’s Nathalie Chan-Lam, 21-7, 21-17, in the semis and stopped Belgium’s Marie Demy, 21-5 (retired) in the finals. Mark stunned Sean Vendy of England, 3-21, 21-8, 21-12, for the title.

Mark was the underdog against the 17-year-old Vendy who stood over six feet. But the 5-foot-3 Filipino was all over the court to score the come-from-behind victory.

...The badminton hall inside the Rizal now looks like a training center for national players and no longer a center for beginners and corporate tournaments.

He also reported that the men’s team of Ariel Magnaye and Joper Escueta jumped to 108th in the world from the high 200s just before Mainaky came in.

...“It looks like we are on track. Just look at Mark. He’s just 13 years old and he’s beating players in the 17-under division,” said Benitez.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So,

as reported a few days ago all over the Internet and other media, the PBSI and it's bosses have announced that Rexy, Susi and Christian have been invited to become involved with PBSI's high-profile revamp and bid to get their nation back to it's days of glory.

But.... that leaves a bit of a moral conundrum for Rexy.

I don't know what the PBA has to say about all this, and I would imagine that Rexy would be talking it over with them. However, and this is purely my personal opinion, I think it would be a very, very sad day for Philippines badminton if Rexy left under any circumstances. It would be liked getting kicked in the teeth just as you were getting up off the carpet, only the one kicking you was the one supposed to help you up.

Besides, Rexy is more of the hands-on type. Yes, his portfolio at PBA is more inclusive, and he has to formulate overall strategy for the game as well, but there is the challenge! Whereas at PBSI, I don't see Rexy being allowed to get down and dirty with the doubles players. Too many layers of authority, a lot of other coaches and stuff, and the result can well be a lot of bruised egos.

Yes, if I were Rexy, I'd take my time and think more clearly than I ever did, before I make any decision.

And all this, coming just days after this:

“The results are coming in and we’re very, very happy. The hard work is starting to pay off,” said Philippine Badminton Association (PBA) secretary-general Albee Benitez.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to see REXY stay and make philipines a power house in badmintonToo much politics in Indonesia...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

REXY!!!

Is it just a coincidence?

He has always been known as a passionate, incisive reader of the game and of people. Give him young, passionate players who are willing to do as he demands of them, and he will mould them into true champions. He has shown this ability over so many years. It is really a sad thing that his call-up back to PBSI happened only a short while after he took over as director at PBA. Sad for the Philippines, because he would certainly have made a huge, positive impact for that country's badminton fortunes, had he stayed on.

But that is now Indonesia's gain. The recent run of improving and excellent results by INA's doubles teams (MD has gained the most, followed by XD) may not be a direct result of his coaching. But surely, his presence and his energy, and his incisive thinking has rubbed off on everyone around him. And with LCS there to guide the girls along with SS and many more, this new-look hands-on coaching management with Rexy at the helm looks like they mean business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep in his heart, he truly believes serving Indonesia national team / PBSI is something he has to do, help and contribute as a Director. Hopefully, he gets the autonomy and freedom to do things he needed for the organization.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

subscribing this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy watching Rexy coaching KKK/TBH. I love seeing his enthusiasm and passion on how much he care about his players. Unlike other coaches who sit down calmly jotting down some points. Rexy is placing himself into the game. He will yell and jump in every single point. His reaction are funny and not exaggerated, deeply show his love towards badminton. I have never seen him sitting down calmly but find him being restless all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    I enjoy watching Rexy coaching KKK/TBH. I love seeing his enthusiasm and passion on how much he care about his players. Unlike other coaches who sit down calmly jotting down some points. Rexy is placing himself into the game. He will yell and jump in every single point. His reaction are funny and not exaggerated, deeply show his love towards badminton. I have never seen him sitting down calmly but find him being restless all the time.
    Rexy is restless, maybe as he watched TBH/KK not delivering as he taught them in training that he felt like picking up a racket and jumped in and play himself

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why RExy dont coach Singapore ?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast