Is this N55II Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by jason1975, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Hi,

I don't see many threads about N55II on BC, so I decided to post the pictures of my n55II as I dont have much knowledge about n55II. Can someone help me identify if it is genuine or fake? I bought it for RM550 from CHINA, because my friend insists that his uncle sell li ning racquet at a really good price to him because of their relationship. So, I give it a try. But, I am still abit concern since there are many fake racquets in CHINA.

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg 44.jpg 55.jpg

Please help me identify it and if you need more pictures, please tell me which part of the racquet you wan to look at and I will upload the pictures :)

Thank alot!!!

BTW, it looks like there is a crack at the bottom cap but its not. Its just caused by the reflection.

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

RM550 for N55II?? which part of CHINA did you buy it? i've been visiting various of badminton sports in Beijing for 9 months, none of them sell hi-end lining racket below RM1000. sure there was once a lining promo, discount 50% all lining rackets but it only lasted couple days or until stock finished.. i remember it was sometime in the month of March 2011.

If you wanna know the authenticity of your racket, look for the brand tag on the head cover of your racket. there is a hidden serial number but you'll need to scratch the protective glue to make it visible. then search on this forum, i believe someone posted a lining website with sole purpose for customers can input their serial number and see if it it authentic.

i found another easier way, try to string your racket above 25lbs. if the new grommets start splitting/cracking after few games (location of 10 & 2 o'clock).. then your lining is original.

3. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

As i said above, my friend bought it from his uncle.. Its because of their relationship and he always buy stuff from his uncle.. thats why he get to buy racquets at a cheaper price.. and yea his uncle sell the racquets to customers at the original price

4. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

I am sure you can also buy lining racquets at around RMB1200 (which is around rm600) in China? I looked at alot of china online site and they are selling at about the price i mentioned..

5. shoppingbeebee

shoppingbeebee New Member

Its authentic

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I've recently had to identify a fake N55 ii for another member and yours has some of the same signs of a fake.

1) Li Ning logo on the buttcap is not centered
    2) S2 sticker font on the buttcap is not correct
    3) The "-" middle strokes on the letters F and E on the shaft are much thinner than on authentics
    4) The letter "N" on the shaft for the words "N55II" is semi distorted and the italics is slightly angled incorrectly
    5) your dot at 12 o'clock on the inner frame does not look like a perfect circle.
    6) the letter G on your Li Ning bag looks like a half asked copy of the real one

Unless Li Ning threw QC out the door, this one looks exactly like my friends fake one.

#6 Optiblue, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    A really good observation, Optiblue... Two Thumbs Up..

8. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Lol if you think the N55ii words looks weird to u it could be due to the camera angle. My camera quality is not good and the racquet is not placed properly to capture the dot at 12 o clock (I wasnt trying to capture the dots btw). I have compared it with a genuine one and tried both and its the same.

9. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

I do noticed that the "-" middle strokes is slightly thinner only.. Thats all the differences Well not everything is perfect lol.. do u actually go and measure the thickness and even slightly difference can be call fake =="

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Camera angle doesn't affect letter spacing on a solid object. If you have a genuine, that's excellent, take a closer look at the buttcap and immediately you should see that the S2 sticker should be thicker, the Silver Li Ning logo is always centered, and the mirror finish reflects light slightly different. The dot is there, but is supposed to be thicker.

Unfortunately, yes, I do go and measure the thickness of everything as these slight diferences are the only thing that can separate the fakes from the authentics. Variations can exist, but not when it comes to font, spacing, and logo design. Such subtle differences exist due to fake templates and not machine painting errors. That said, at one sign, I start looking for more and at 2 signs, I'd already call it out. The middle "-" strokes being slightly thinner is a tell tale sign.

Aside from the other points I've stated above, your LI NING logo at the T-joint the spacing between the letters especially the "NIN" is way too far apart and actually looks just like all the fakes. Another point is if you look at the white shadows on the "FLAME" your black letters are shifted too far off from where they should be. The white shadow background is supposed more tight with the black letters.

Here's some ref pics from MBS.
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/images/LNN55IIFrameAR.jpg

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/images/LNN55IIShaftR.jpg

#10 Optiblue, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  11. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    looks real to me :)

12. SamSam

SamSam Regular Member

Business
  13. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Wah, so professional on Lining rackets! Thumbs up! :)

14. SamSam

SamSam Regular Member

Business
    My opinion, this racquet is NOT original.