Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online >
    Saturday September 15, 2012
    Vountus slams BAM for dropping him without proper reasons
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Vountus Indra Mawan has hit out at the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) for kicking him out of the national set-up without proper reasons.
    After 10 years with the BAM, the 23-year-old was dropped after being told that he lacked the skill and talent to be in the national fold.
    Although news of his dismissal had leaked out earlier, BAM general manager Kenny Goh officially handed the termination letter, effective Oct 15, to Vountus only on Wednesday – in the presence of doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her.
    Vountus, who left his home in Sabah to join the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) as a Form 1 student in 2002, fired a broadside at the BAM for being unfair to him.
    “I just want justice. Kenny told me that the decision to drop me, based on the coaches’ report, was because I lacked skill and talent.
    “You mean the BAM waited for 10 years to tell me this? I must have been selected into the national team for a good reason in the first place,” said Vountus, who hoped that other players will not be subjected to such injustice.
    Just a week ago, the BAM coaching and training committee announced that they would seek the approval of the exco before making any decisions. The exco meeting is next Wednesday.
    So it seems that in Vountus’ case, they have already made up their minds.
    Vountus’ partner – Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid – however, has been spared. Lutfi will pair up with Teo Kok Siang for the Indonesian Open (Sept 20-25) and Taiwan Open (Oct 2-7).
    Prior to getting the chop, Vountus-Lutfi were ranked 48th in the world and fifth in the national team. Their most significant result in recent times was beating former Olympic and world champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia at the Malaysian Open last year.
    Vountus had earlier focused on the singles event but switched to doubles four years ago under the guidance of former national coach Rexy Mainaky.
    The Sabahan is clearly irked by BAM’s decision.
    “Kim Her told me that I have not performed and I can understand that. But why only me ... and not my partner? Doubles play is not about one individual,” said Vountus, who won a gold medal at the Malacca Sukma (Malaysia Games) with Ng Paou Leng in the mixed doubles event in 2010.
    “I have not made any plans for the future. I am shocked by this decision
    “I’ll have to look for something to do. I have spent all my years here in the BAM ... now I have to move on.”
    Vountus does have a point. Whatever the reason may be for dropping a player, it is only fair that BAM show their appreciation to the player concerned for his or her contribution.
    After all, Vountus has given 10 years of his life to the sport. That surely must mean something.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...31179.asp&sec=

2. Likes TheSmasherKing, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    why dont face NCC on court?(not badminton court)
    ncc also a good badminton players,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    ncc also a good badminton players,
    then he should represent bam to play.
    kick the world top 4 ass!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Likes M3Series, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is right to leave the mess in BAM. Things changed drastically ever since Tan Kim Her was back.

8. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    MAk should move on and prove bam wrong to drop him...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I sympathize the juniors at BJSS...is this kind of assoc. that they want to join?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, he & Vountus can move to KLRC or find some sponsors. Shouldnt be very hard for Mak, he does have the reputation as WJC & AJC. Tan Bin Shen doesnt have a permanent partner ever since Gan partner OSH.

Vountus.....has never really impressed me, he can go back Sabah & coach like Beryno Wong or further studies. Still can get scholarship from Help Institute I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is a singles player, ok because all by himself but as a doubles, you need a very good and committed partner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Rexy is right to leave the mess in BAM. Things changed drastically ever since Tan Kim Her was back.
    yes
    please persuade hendrawan to leave.
    let bam collapse and slap them in the face!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“SAYA sudah takut, mereka main ‘belakang’ dan tiada jaminan jika kembali, saya tidak akan berdepan situasi ini,” keluh Mak Hee Chun yang mendakwa menjadi mangsa kepentingan peribadi ketua jurulatih beregu lelaki negara, Tan Kim Her hingga dia disingkir dari skuad kebangsaan oleh Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Apa guna saya datang latihan jika jurulatih tidak peduli dan saya mengambil inisiatif sendiri berlatih bersama pemain pelapis yang baru naik dari Sekolah Sukan Bukit Jalil "

So that's how you treat the players you don't like, ignore them and send them to play with BJSS players...

16. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    "Apa guna saya datang latihan jika jurulatih tidak peduli dan saya mengambil inisiatif sendiri berlatih bersama pemain pelapis yang baru naik dari Sekolah Sukan Bukit Jalil "

So that's how you treat the players you don't like, ignore them and send them to play with BJSS players...
    They didn't sent MHC play with BJSS. I believe on contrary, they doesn't allow MHC to play with the juniors so he took some 'initiative' and been labelled as disciplinary problem.

18. Likes undeadshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    "Apa guna saya datang latihan jika jurulatih tidak peduli dan saya mengambil inisiatif sendiri berlatih bersama pemain pelapis yang baru naik dari Sekolah Sukan Bukit Jalil "So that's how you treat the players you don't like, ignore them and send them to play with BJSS players...
    Read again Mak said he took his own initiative to spar with BJSS players after being ignored by coach. Since he didnt turn up the usual training but went to train with BJSS, they consider as Mak missing from training.

20. Likes undeadshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Read again Mak said he took his own initiative to spar with BJSS players after being ignored by coach. Since he didnt turn up the usual training but went to train with BJSS, they consider as Mak missing from training.
    its has been normal practice in msia that when coaches see no future in a player, they will ignore him in training and let him quit himself... I have seen a lot in State training centre

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were his coach, I would do the same thing too. . . You got your own coach,place but why would you go somewhere else? Isn't its the same like asking for letting go from BAM? He need to realize he lives in Malaysia, a place where you can't live based on your own hard effort like Naruto. But then again, maybe if I'm MHC, I would do the same thing too but in different way where you don't jeopardize your carreer along the way . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    If I were his coach, I would do the same thing too. . . You got your own coach,place but why would you go somewhere else? Isn't its the same like asking for letting go from BAM? He need to realize he lives in Malaysia, a place where you can't live based on your own hard effort like Naruto. But then again, maybe if I'm MHC, I would do the same thing too but in different way where you don't jeopardize your carreer along the way . . .
    So you would let the coach ignore you and hit the shuttlecock by yourself? It's catch-22, whatever he does, he will be sidelined and dropped for BAM at the end of the day.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast