Ra Kyung Min

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by modious, May 27, 2003.

1. modious

modious Regular Member

I was going through worldbadminton.net and I looked at Ra Kyung Min's stats in Mixed Doubles. ( Click here)

It's amazing that the in the whole list (3 pages), she's most of the time in the finals and more often than not..... the winner!

What's your take on Ra Kyung Min as well as Gao Ling?

IMO, Ra Kyung Min is like the female version of Tony Gunawan! (no offence intended)

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    My take on Ra is that for women' doubles, her partners just aren't up to the task except for Lee coming up now. They didn;t have the firepower before against Gu Jun/Ge Fei (who did?) and Gao Ling/Huang Sui.

The firepower refers to Gu Jun and Huang Sui in the respective partnerships. Their smashes just gives them that extra edge in the games.

She is definately amazing and when with Kim DM, the two are almost unbeatable.

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    I agree Cheung, Ra's partnerships haven't physically been a match for the top chinese, Ra has been as good as any in wd and mxd for a long time now.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

I agree too. In WD, Ra just doesn't have a partner who's good enough IMO. In Mxd, her anticipation and the way she dominates the net is superb! She's also one of the most consistant players the Koreans have!