I wanna talk about Carlton rackets!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Perfektion, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

Im getting more and more involved with Carlton and their equipment! Any reviews on Carlton would be really appreciated!

I've been looking on Carlton Vapour Trail Tour and Carlton Vapour Trail S-lite, any reviews on these rackets ?

Thanks!

2. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    A fellow Carlton fan! I've got the S-Lite, and it's a really quick racket.

I don't have a full review per say. but it packs a punch!

The VT Tour's a medium balanced racket so I'm going to say it's got more power than the flexible and head-light S-Lite.

3. Perfektion

Okey thanks for your answer, I've tried the S-lite a few times and im REALLY fond of it's weight and balance fits me perfectly, but as you say the VT Tour isn't a bad punch either. tried any else carlton rackets ?

4. Perfektion

I've tried the S-Lite couple of times and im REALLY fond of it's weight,balance and because it's very very easy to adjust at the net.
    The VT Tour as you say can really punch it when you need it but haven't tried this one as much.
    Getting more and more involved in Carlton, tried any others ?

5. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I've got the Air Rage Tour (Pure Power), Vapour Trail Vanquish (All-Round), Vapour Trail S-Lite (Defensive + Doubles), Fireblade FX8 (Best racket!) and the Airblade 30 (Fast!).

Each has their own perks I guess, but all of them gives a good game - something I've associated with the Carlton brand.

6. _Nipa_

_Nipa_ New Member

Student
    I play Carlton rackets also, but mine are older models. I mainly play with Fireblade Tour Iso and Powerblade Tour Iso. I also have an Aeroblade FX Iso, but it feels too head light and flexible to me.

Haven't played with current models, but if my next racket would be Carlton, it would be either VTT or Air Rage Tour. IIRC, Nathan Robertson switched Powerblade Tour -> Fireblade Tour -> VTT.

7. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Oh. I've always thought he used the VT Elite! It's hard to get Carlton rackets here so I've not had the chance to get my hands on all of them.

Been wanting to try out the VT Tour and Elite.

8. Perfektion

I've tried VT Tour and Elite last week. The VT Elite that came out this year is a really really offensive racket. It's Head Heavy and weight about 90g, only tried a few hits though so can't say much more.

9. jackyche

jackyche Regular Member

I started out with a Carlton Powerflo BR way back when. But I now have a Vapour Trail Tour and Prototype Razor v1.1

The VTT is a great looking racquet. Love the aluminum shine. Anyways, its a wonderful balanced racquet for beginner and intermediate player. It lacks great power for singles but more than capable for any doubles game.

I'm beginning to really enjoy the Razor v1.1 now. It look me awhile to get used to the head-heavy portion as well as stiff shaft. But now I can really feel the extra oomph.

But in all honesty, whether its Yonex or Carlton or Victor or Li-Ning, whatever your 'style' of play, you'll be able to find 'the one' with any of the brands mentioned. I chose Carlton because I don't want to be everyone else (here in the US, there's really only Yonex).

10. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I agree with your point - they're all long and thin with a big flat head, so there's bound to be similar traits from different brands.

But what I like about Carltons (I've got more of them than any other brands) is that they tend to feel better than the rest when I play, even when I compare them to the top range Yonex ones.

This may prove that Carltons are really easy to pick up use, and may lack in the professional department where most rackets are less forgiving (VT80 and ArcSaber Z-Slash), but I guess it all boils down to how much fun you have with a racket.

And boy do I love hitting with a Carlton!

11. Perfektion

Played with alot of Yonex in my days mostly, started out with Amortec 900p.
    Then upgraded to a Z-slash which I can personally say is one of my all time favorites!
    Currently only got 1 Li-Ning N90-ll since I "accidently" smashed my other rackets, sad but true!
    ''

I put an order on 2x S-lite yesterday actually I felt it fits my game really well and boy is it comfortable to hit with! Had to choose between VTT and VT S-lite hard choice but the S-lite felt abit more like me.
    But I have to agree the VTT has a great look!!

12. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I use the Powerblade superlite and Powerblade tour both with some lead tape and they're great. Speed, power, and stability is pretty good.

13. surajaya

surajaya Regular Member

Been trying carlton vapour trail tour and very impressed with it. A bit weird that a racket with moderate balance point have a good power (probably due to it's unique weight distribution I guess). If carlton make it slimmer without sacrificing durability (due to better material, slimmer but stronger), it will be my dream racket

14. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I've got the Air Rage Tour and it's got the same effect. For me I think even-balanced rackets allow faster movement which leads to a harder hit (given the right string tension).

Plus, yellow rackets with black strings just look damn sweet...

15. Perfektion

Just got my 2 S-lite and Im in love! Really fits my style !

16. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    In contrast, I've got a VT60 and it plays much better than my s-lite :( clears are much easier and the smashes are faster. Should be due to a combination of the heavy head and the lower tension strings.

Lowered the tension on my s-lite to 24 to see if it helps...

17. Perfektion

Nice man! Haven't heard much about the VT60 actually. Everyone talks about the VT70/80, What string tension ur using on ur VT60 ?

18. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    Still using my Aerogear700. Bought in 1998.

19. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I'm on 24lbs. Found that it's made my game easier. Not a big smasher so the high tension kinda hampers my game.

Sweet-looking racket that's for sure! Glad you're having a blast with your s-lite. I've yet to try mine out after the restring.

20. Perfektion

Okey! Well as long as it fits YOU it doesn't matter what tension it is imo. Just noticed that S-lite doesn't really deliver the speed when playing doubles, or is it just me ?