Calling all Calgarian Shuttlers...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kelvin, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I've been talking to Vince a little, and am wondering if I formed a small badminton club, that played during the evenings at a local gymnasium, if any of you would be interested?
    Of course a small fee would be played, in order to have shuttles provided... feather, or plastic. Your choice.

It's just a thought... as we all know it's kind of tough to get playing time, so why not rent out a gymnasium, and play when ever we want in the evening to unwind after the long day?
    Any thoughts or opinions? or any volunteers?
    Plus we could form a small group, to give Kwun a hand with the website as well, because he's working fairly long days lately, and doesn't have much time to get in contact with us. I've been away lately as well, finalizing some of my trip plans... so if any of you are interested, please leave your email contact info in your reply. That way I can get back to you ASAP.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Pity it takes so long to get to Calgary for me.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    who knows, real time interactive badminton on the net might become a reality one day :)

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I'm can only afford two nights per week for now. Maybe by summer i might able to play more

5. vince

vince Guest

Two times a week is fair, I should do that too, my knee is killing me playing so much. I was asking people about you Cooler and they said you look quite impressive, so I'm not that eager to play you yeah, I'm not quite your level. For me to advance my skill, I must learn the split-step. I just start using the split-step this week, I probably need 3 months to get good at it and a life time to master it. When I feel comfortable with my skill (what skill?), I'm eagerly waiting to have a match with you.

Yes, I did talk to Kelvin about it, if we have enough badminton fanatics, it might works. Rental fee is not cheap. To rent two courts at VS cost $35 an hour and $70 for 2 hours. If you have 12 people chipping in, it will cost roughtly $7 for two hours. But you can't beat MRC, $4 to $6 for drop in and shuttles are provided (sometime), only problems are it's too busy and too far. I hope you can make it a success Kelvin, you definely have my support.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hey, vince and kelvin, you guys should be doing homework on your badminton skill instead of on me :) My two nights per week of badminton are more recreational than competitive. I still got plenty to improve. So dont worry.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Alberta Open

glencoe club is hosting alberta open this weekend (march 23-25)
    all the canadian best should be there.
    1/4 and semi final on saturday,
    final on sunday