User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the stringer has a stringing machine which supports the sides of the racket from the outside then it is highly possible that all the supports are being done up to tight. They should only be done up to support the racket and you shouldn't see the frame change shape as they are tightened.

The other alternative is the stringer is doing something weird with string tensions, like adding way too much tension on the cross strings. Personally I add +2lbs on the cross strings and my rackets come out the same shape and length as an unstrung racket. Dinkalot and a few others no longer add the extra tension on the crosses and still have the racket come out fine. If your stringer is adding a lot more on the cross strings then it will cause the racket head to become very narrow, then if a main string snaps it becomes even narrower causing the break at the top.

An easy way to check this is to measure the racket length with no string on and after stringing, they should be the same (give or take say 3mm). If it is too long or short then the stringer is doing something wrong. I think most badminton rackets are 680mm in length.

Finally is it possible for you to post a picture of a strung racket so we can see what shape it is when strung?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a Babolat machine with 4 supports from outside (2, 5, 7 and 11 o´clock) and 2 supports inside (6 and 12 o´clock). I sure he only add +2lbs on the cross. Next time I will check the frame size.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    If the stringer has a stringing machine which supports the sides of the racket from the outside then it is highly possible that all the supports are being done up to tight. They should only be done up to support the racket and you shouldn't see the frame change shape as they are tightened.

The other alternative is the stringer is doing something weird with string tensions, like adding way too much tension on the cross strings. Personally I add +2lbs on the cross strings and my rackets come out the same shape and length as an unstrung racket. Dinkalot and a few others no longer add the extra tension on the crosses and still have the racket come out fine. If your stringer is adding a lot more on the cross strings then it will cause the racket head to become very narrow, then if a main string snaps it becomes even narrower causing the break at the top.

An easy way to check this is to measure the racket length with no string on and after stringing, they should be the same (give or take say 3mm). If it is too long or short then the stringer is doing something wrong. I think most badminton rackets are 680mm in length.

Finally is it possible for you to post a picture of a strung racket so we can see what shape it is when strung?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was high-noon disease, I must admit. Loadspreaders needed, methinks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possible to post the Yonex serial & batch number ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can not, have sent rackets to Yonex

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    possible to post the Yonex serial & batch number ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for my bad english. What is high-noon disease and loadspreaders

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    My first thought was high-noon disease, I must admit. Loadspreaders needed, methinks...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

use a different stringer next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no other who strings badminton racket where I live, only tennis racket. For only the last 4 week me and my friends have broken the strings more then 12 times. Think it is because start using BG66UM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    use a different stringer next time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your friends should get together and buy a stringing machine together then. If you play just a decent a mount of time, it will be profitable for all of you.

Learning to string isn't so hard, and if you buy it together, the machine should not cost too much per person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have though to buy one but don´t know how to string. Do you think that is enough to buy a cheap one like Premium stringer 3600 (cost about 550 euro in Sweden) or should I buy an electric machine (2500 euro)? I only have seen how to do with an electric machine.

It is not cheap to string in Sweden, 22 euro if you don´t have the string and 12 if you bring the string with you. And you have to wait for a week to get it done. T

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    You and your friends should get together and buy a stringing machine together then. If you play just a decent a mount of time, it will be profitable for all of you.

Learning to string isn't so hard, and if you buy it together, the machine should not cost too much per person.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It costs about the same here, which is why I bought a stringing machine

You absolutely do not need an electronic stringing machine if you plan to string for your friends and yourself. If you wish to get a consistent stringing job done, a cheap drop weight machine would absolutely be enough. The premium stringer 3600 is a really good machine since it has both fixed clamps and 6 point support. If you can afford it, you should probably buy a machine like that.

There are also cheaper alternatives like the Klippermate M140 or Eagnas machines (which I would not recommend. They would probably cost too much to ship to you anyways).

If you haven't, I would recommend reading the following thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/68042-So-you-re-thinking-of-buying-a-stringing-machine

Oh and learning how to string is easy enough. You have all the information you need and a lot of really competent people happy to answer your questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much. I will read the thread and if I understand I will buy one. It´s not just because cheaper in the long term, it also fun. It´s easier to test different strings and tension.

Does the result be the same with a cheap drop weight machine as a electronic one?

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    It costs about the same here, which is why I bought a stringing machine

You absolutely do not need an electronic stringing machine if you plan to string for your friends and yourself. If you wish to get a consistent stringing job done, a cheap drop weight machine would absolutely be enough. The premium stringer 3600 is a really good machine since it has both fixed clamps and 6 point support. If you can afford it, you should probably buy a machine like that.

There are also cheaper alternatives like the Klippermate M140 or Eagnas machines (which I would not recommend. They would probably cost too much to ship to you anyways).

If you haven't, I would recommend reading the following thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/68042-So-you-re-thinking-of-buying-a-stringing-machine

Oh and learning how to string is easy enough. You have all the information you need and a lot of really competent people happy to answer your questions.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the result is about the same provided you take some precautions*, but both are fondamentally the same because they are both constant pull methods. The main advantage of the electronic tensioner is the consistency and speed.

*Some electronic stringing machines will pre stretch your string while stringing. To achieve the same with a drop weight machine, you have to let the string tensionned for 30-60 seconds at the desired tension before clamping it and proceeding to the next string. Note that you could totally pre string your racket during that time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thaisilk View Post
    Sorry for my bad english. What is high-noon disease and loadspreaders
    High-noon disease is a nickname for the stringer using too much force on the 12/6 support posts - this stretches the racket and adds stress in exactly the positions all of your rackets broke.

Load spreaders are pads that fit at 12/6 to reduce this stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for explaning. The stringer only use one load spreader, at 12 o´clock. Should he use it at 6 to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    High-noon disease is a nickname for the stringer using too much force on the 12/6 support posts - this stretches the racket and adds stress in exactly the positions all of your rackets broke.

Load spreaders are pads that fit at 12/6 to reduce this stress.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thaisilk View Post
    Thank you for explaning. The stringer only use one load spreader, at 12 o´clock. Should he use it at 6 to?
    i am surprised that even with load spreader we are seeing high noon disease. personally i have found that 6 o'clock is less crucial than 12.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn to string. I was at a tournament in August stringing in Wembley and a father and son come to stringing booth. They asked me if I had a video on youtube. I said yes and the father told me his son learned from my video and now makes money from stringing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2