Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: how do you wrap your grip
09-14-2011, 09:21 AM #1
how do you wrap your grip
sorry for this newbie question, i just bought a new racket, the grip is too small so i want to put a new grip on. So do i just wrap the new one over the existing one comes with the racket or do i have to take the existing one off first and put the new one on?? thanks
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM #2
well it really depends on what you like. if you want the grip bigger try wrapping the new one on without removing the old. i think removing the old grip and putting in a new one wouldn't make any difference in the grip size....although im not 100% sure.
usually i just add a grip on top though but thats what works for me
09-14-2011, 10:09 PM #3
In this case, you're gonna have to experiment around a bit bro ....
The are various scenarios you could try, but you have to have lots of patience
to experiment around to find that perfect combo. ( like i did )
- Original grip ON + thick Replacement Grip
- Original grip ON + medium-thick Replacement Grip
- Original grip ON + thin Replacement Grip
- Original grip OFF + thick Replacement Grip
- Original grip OFF + medium-thick Replacement Grip
- Original grip OFF + thin Replacement Grip
- Original grip ON + thick Overgrip
- Original grip ON + medium-thick Overgrip
- Original grip ON + thin Overgrip
- Original grip OFF + thick Overgrip
- Original grip OFF + medium-thick Overgrip
- Original grip OFF + thin Overgrip
And the list goes on and on and on and on and .....
It will get frustrating at times, but when you get the perfect combo ....
*BOOM* ! .... YOU'RE THE KING OF THE COURT ! ! !
well ..... almost feels like it anyway ....
09-14-2011, 10:54 PM #4
i agree, some research and experimentation is best.
you can even try half grips like lin dan if you like.
mine is Ori grip on + karakal (thicker overlap bottom) + towel grip 1" just above the racket end up to the length of 1 hand of my grip (4-5")
BOOM! I'm the king of MY court (emphasis on me )
05-17-2013, 08:21 AM #5
This is how every racket I own is wrapped
awekuda liked this post
By TheHalfAMan in forum GripReplies: 4: 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM
By Wilson Shuttler in forum Malaysia Professional PlayersReplies: 4: 05-10-2009, 07:53 AM
By hc806 in forum GripReplies: 8: 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
By Chia in forum GripReplies: 27: 08-22-2003, 09:30 PM
By zerochillnet in forum GripReplies: 4: 01-19-2003, 11:56 PM