User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r1z1a View Post
    I am still really tempted to order myself one, but the postage to Switzerland is 50 quid so its bit too much, even if i buy 2 rackets and few other things its still like 1/4 of the order is the postage...

Maybe ill get them next time i go back to uk for a visit but that wont be anytime soon =/
    50.00 seems a bit excessive for a delivery charge, even if it is overseas. You are based in Switzerland right? Then you might want to consider 'TennisNuts'. I have bought a lot of badminton gear from them in the past and have always been very impressed with their service; reasonably priced too. I have double-checked and they do deliver to Switzerland; 6 if your order is under 1kg and 25 if it exceeds a Kg. They stock the Superlight 99 for 70.99 which equates to around 102. CHF per racket. I've pasted the link below.

http://www.tennisnuts.com/shop/badmi...on-998329.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm looks good thank you.
    i wonder though what do they define as weight (with box that they put it all in or not.)

cos i gues 2 rackets and 30 yy overgrips will be less than 1kg but in box with all the bubble wrap ect it will probly be over 1kg - i gues best option would be just to play it safe and get over 1kg option.

on side note
    Anyone know what the stock strings and tensions are. (i gues either way ill ahve to re-do them when i get them)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with regards to the weight, a racket, racket cover and bubble wrap in a "racket box" usually weighs around 0.5-0.6kg ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r1z1a View Post
    hmm looks good thank you.
    i wonder though what do they define as weight (with box that they put it all in or not.)

cos i gues 2 rackets and 30 yy overgrips will be less than 1kg but in box with all the bubble wrap ect it will probly be over 1kg - i gues best option would be just to play it safe and get over 1kg option.

on side note
    Anyone know what the stock strings and tensions are. (i gues either way ill ahve to re-do them when i get them)
    Good question. I was thinking that myself after I had written my last post. Personally, I suspect it refers to the weight of the contents alone and thus exclusive of the packaging, although I can't be sure. The best thing - in my opinion - would be to email Tennisnuts and enquire directly. You might also want to ask about an additional discount. I made a similar enquiry around five months when I purchased a pair of Yonex shoes and several rackets. They sent me a 'code' which gave me an additional 5% off my final order. 70.00 for the 99SQ is the best price I have seen online. Regarding the stock tension, I would say it feels somewhere between 22 and 23lbs, slightly above the factory tension of other brands. The string is Ashaway Zymax 70.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, tension feels around that area on mine. Allyjack and r1z1a I've sent you both a PM about supply of the racquet - surely there has to be a cheaper way to get racquets to Switzerland - reckon we should check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riding on this thread. Can any kind soul tell me where I can buy the 99sq in Singapore? My usual shop at queensway shopping centre doesn't stock it...not much chance with other shops at queensway as well...

Any help would be much appreciated....gracias....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

45 plus postage here, i have bought from them before and it was good service

https://www.isportstore.com/Badminto...on-Racket.aspx

i have 2 x nano dynamic 80 and 2 x Kevlar 7000sq rackets for sale if anyone fancies those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    anybody has more reviews for this racket? i really want to get one but more concern about the power department, is there enough weight on top of the head to generate power? what is the shaft like? thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I opted for the Karakal BN60 instead. Price is really good here in Singapore. Feels head heavy, I think will not have much problem in the power department. I'll know this Sunday ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally i bought one of these myself. It's a great doubles racket, fast with still decent power. my only complain is the racket vibration. Maybe it's because the thin frame although the vibration is still bearable but would like it dumpened a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placed an order and will be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait to have a go with it.

Oh ya, requested it to be strung at 22/23 lbs, zymax 65. Will post review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my racket today. Played 2 hours of doubles game and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I like it so much that it displaced by arc fb, Gosen Aermet explosion and karakal bn60 as my primary racket.

It was also the first time I used zymax 65. IMHO, I think it is better than the bg66um that I strung for all my rackets at 22/24. The 'cracking bamboo' sound it emits after ever smash is really something new to me. Will use it for my sessions tomorrow, Friday, sat and Sunday.

right now, I am a happy man. New racket, new strings, good game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not played with this racquet but a friend at my club swears by it. I've strung the racquets for him on several ocassions and it seems that its like a copy of the Yonex Ti-10!

It seems to have almost exactly the same mould. The only differences I can see are the "muscles grommets" on the Ti10 is continuous, whereas the 99SQ are intermittent. The 99SQ also has the new grommet system but the Ti10 has the old shared grommet system.

Having swung it a few times, I would say the 99SQ is faster than the Ti10 as it has less head weight. Can't say how well it plays, but it would need to do very well to beat the Ti10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, I have a pair of superlight 99s for sale if anyone wants them. The rackets look amazing and play well too but I just don't get as much power as when I use some of my other rackets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2