Best way to warm up?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by alexd953, Sep 14, 2011.

1. alexd953

alexd953 Regular Member

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what is the best way to warm up before playing badminton, before a match, during a tournament etc.

I also discovered it was bad to do static stretches before playing and to do dynamic stretches before and static after. What dynamic stretches would be good ones, and what are good static stretches?

Thanks!

2. asianguy

asianguy Regular Member

student
    skip rope!

3. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

4. Cole Turner

Cole Turner Regular Member

Head, Administration and Operations
    I recently had problems due to the fact I believe I did'nt know how to do the correct method of stretching before a game. I could not play for a bout 2 weeks.. my arm just hurts like hell!! Really need to know how do you do stretching for your arm?

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

actually studies have shown static stretches reduces your performance by 5% but it really is good for your muscle after your baddy sessions.

try to do some dymanic strectes as per capnx's link.

i just do 8x jump squats, 6 direction lunges on the court and 20x side-to-side leg swings each leg. then hit the bird for a few minutes.

also playing the first game at warm up intensity also warns me which muscles isn't ready. e.g. hamsting hurt when i lunged for a drop shot reminded me to be careful and warm up that part before i proceeded.

6. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Good tips. I often go to tournaments on my own which means that aside from running a bit on the parking lot, I'm never really warmed up and prepared. Since I play a lot better when I'm on temperature I lose the first set most of the time (providing the opponent is not (far) under my skill lvl).