User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digging another old thread and old model up when FB is the headlight boom. Sharing is caring and I’m bored

Been playing badminton since young but was never into rackets until I started earning my own money. Bought NR 700 FX about 1-2 years ago. 3U and G5 SP version strung with BG-66 then NG98 (love thin gauge). I like the colour and finishing of it BUT they don't last

First play, it felt so different (previously I was playing with Sports Toto -> ProAce - > Gosen - > TI-3).

Adjustment(Self) - I need to adjust myself to this new racket, it is longer! Had some tough time adjusting to where to grip to avoid mis-hit on the top and bottom of the frame. The frame (4-5 / 7-8 o’clock) itself where "toughlex" is is thicker as well! I tend to hit a lot of shots with the frame lol - which result paint chipping off. Perhaps it’s just me – n00blet

Control – The "toughlex" really toned down my confidence around the net. I often choose to lift up the shuttle instead of doing net play but I’m getting use to it now and forcing opponent lift instead. Placement shots are pretty good with this, slow and steady for the winner.

Clear - Easy as a breeze, I don't need a lot of effort on pushing the shuttle to the baseline.
    Defense – Due to the lightness, I am able to respond to most of the smashes either by pushing it back to the baseline or change/push the direction of the shuttle (turning defense to offense when the smash is not steep enough).

Drive – Never thought driving is lethal until with this racket. Even driving from the back court, I can do back court corner box to opposite corner box on net level with little effort.

Drops – Sometimes sharp sometimes not but the accuracy is there. Love the cross drop shots.

Smash - Can't use this for single game, too head light to rely on. Double wise, I can generate a decent smash to get a kill at times from the back (I don’t feel it’s whippy given the shaft is medium/flexi or I’m just not a hard hitter) and definitely great for front kill.

Unfortunately I can’t compare and rate this racket, I only play once a week and this is my 1st racket bought with my own money. So far I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading lot of posts saying in real play, NR700RP and NR700FX are not much of a difference except for the obvious Flexibility. Also, ppl still feel NS9900 is a better buy even today?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zapirian View Post
    Exactly what I found with the 700RP, best replacement for MP99 that I could fine from Yonex. 100% agree on you that it's more even balance than head light.
    that's what i felt as well. my NR700RP is 4UG4. i only use the original grip and the balance point is 300mm!! but it swings really fast and the power is there too. i think i am going to keep this one for long time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    that's what i felt as well. my NR700RP is 4UG4. i only use the original grip and the balance point is 300mm!! but it swings really fast and the power is there too. i think i am going to keep this one for long time...
    Totally. Very happy with my two 700rps, will re-evaluate when both break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken 3 700fx/RP in the past two months. Some of these clashes are very very minor and still they broke immediately. None of other rackets broke. Before this I used NS9900 for three and half years and never broke anything. Just a warning to those who are getting the rackets. For me I am never buying any nanoray. Also I have heard similar stories on Arc FB.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have broken 2 FX's and 2 RP's now... one very scarred FX left.

Bought 2x 2nd hand NS9000X's instead.

Real shame as they are fantastic rackets, just nowhere near durable enough to play men's doubles with!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by howdidoo View Post
    Reading lot of posts saying in real play, NR700RP and NR700FX are not much of a difference except for the obvious Flexibility. Also, ppl still feel NS9900 is a better buy even today?
    I find the shaft flexibility pretty much the same tbh, both very stiff. The big difference is the flexibility of the head on the FX caused by the Toughlex resin - which I have grown to hate. Everything feels so dead. RP feels so much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a pair of RPs since Apr 2012. Had a few minor clashes but mostly play at club in doubles, and few games in lower league mens doubles. Can't say I've had any reason to doubt their durability anymore than my old Musclepower 99s. Hope they aren't as weak as others have found as I've found I adjusted well to them from the MP99.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the 4 I've broken, Birgit Michels has now broken 3x FXs in 2 days here at the London GPG.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the NR700 aerodynamic (i.e. aero shaped)?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ More so than Arc, VT series, but not as much as BS series.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I began looking into the Nanoray series as a potential move to head light from Victor MX70.
    I'm interested in the swing weight/BP/overall weight measurements you guys did on MR700FX/NR.

My reference (for perfect balance) is Carlton VT S-lite - SW:40.3, BP:300mm, Weight:90.6 - these are wet, strung with bg80 at 27lbs and factory grip ONLY.
    S-lite is amazing in defence but smashing is relatively poor - too flexible. I'm looking for a racket with similar sw but more attacking potential and the Nanorays sound about right. Cheers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I began looking into the Nanoray series as a potential move to head light from Victor MX70.
    I'm interested in the swing weight/BP/overall weight measurements you guys did on MR700FX/NR.

My reference (for perfect balance) is Carlton VT S-lite - SW:40.3, BP:300mm, Weight:90.6 - these are wet, strung with bg80 at 27lbs and factory grip ONLY.
    S-lite is amazing in defence but smashing is relatively poor - too flexible. I'm looking for a racket with similar sw but more attacking potential and the Nanorays sound about right. Cheers!
    Sounds like NR700RP is what you are after. Weight is around that - I think from memory mine were around 93-94g with towel grip (heavy)

BP is around 300 from factory.

Shaft very stiff.

Lovely rackets, just break too easily for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msitpro View Post
    Sounds like NR700RP is what you are after. Weight is around that - I think from memory mine were around 93-94g with towel grip (heavy)

Shaft very stiff.

Thanks. 94g with tower grip is good weight!
    Breaking easily is concerning, did yours break as a result of a clash?
    I had a fairly recent experience with Carlton Kinesis, frame collapsed for absolutely no reason so I was put off. Superlative power AND speed I've ever experienced on any racket and wondered if the new generation Yonex head lights have a similar performance.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the difference between the two 700s are very very minimal to me. if i didn't play with the two 700s back to back, i would not have realized that the rp has a more flexible shaft...i think it's rp, the whiter color one and not the dark brown one fx?

ok i just checked and the fx is more flexible than the rp in my opinion, the lighter color racket. crap, now i'm confused because i always thought more repulsion needs more flexibility in regards to racket (not string)???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msitpro View Post

Shaft very stiff.

Love this racket, especially when tied with NBG 98... massive repulsion baby . Only problem though, once you get tired... the shots will go halfcourt....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Thanks. 94g with tower grip is good weight!
    Breaking easily is concerning, did yours break as a result of a clash?
    I had a fairly recent experience with Carlton Kinesis, frame collapsed for absolutely no reason so I was put off. Superlative power AND speed I've ever experienced on any racket and wondered if the new generation Yonex head lights have a similar performance.
    All did stem from clashes, some of them very slight though. Previous rackets I have owned stood up to more punishment.

Birgit Michels, German Mixed player seemed very surprised, bordering on annoyed, at her 3 rackets breaking at the London Grand Prix Gold through very slight clashes with her partner's VT80 (Michael Fuchs). Indeed I was surprised as well, until she gave one of them to a spectator in front of me and I saw it was a 700FX.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24