User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i think all of them are great rackets, despite the fact that i can't generate a fast enough smash with the 700rp because it's so light. but if control is what you need, all of them are fine. but i think fine tuning your arm to get a more accurate shot might be a better option than buy a new racket, unless you need one to play.
    I definitely need a new one ASAP. My main racquet is a NS8000LTD 3U, but I start to read some good stuff about the new generation for this one the Nanoray 800. Unfortunately, it is not available in Europe. I am struggling to make a decision because the NS9900 will also be replace in the new generation NanoRay 900 ...
    I just pray for Yonex to make the NR800 available ASAP in EU.
    Last edited by Helios; 09-07-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Word was missing

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I definitely need a new one ASAP. My main racquet is a NS8000LTD 3U, but I start to read some good stuff about the new generation for this one the Nanoray 800. Unfortunately, it is not available in Europe. I am struggling to make a decision because the NS9900 will also be replace in the new generation NanoRay 900 ... I just pray for Yonex to make the NR800 available ASAP in EU.
    Just wait a bit longer, the 800 literally just came out very recently. That'll be silly of Yonex not to make it available in EU, as the only pro players using them now are 3 Danish players spotted using it at the recent Olympics, ie Laybourn, Juhl, Pedersen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If am going for NS9000S/X instead of NR700RP/FX. What do you say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had my 700fx for almost a year now, honestly I stopped playing with it for a little bit as I found it lacked in the aspect of generating power for smashes and even clears.

So I took to playing a Apacs Lethal 7 strung at 28lbs and it was a sledge hammer when it comes to smashing, at first I had no problem dealing with the stiffness of this racket, everything was going great but I started to notice that my hands would cramp after a long night of play with this racket, I started noticing that all the vibrations got too much for me. Then I still kept playing with it because the power is really addictive, and finally the strings gave away after a month and a bit and I switched to my backup VT7.

Now I had bought a Yonex Voltric 7 which I picked up purely because I thought it was a decent cheap racket which I had strung at 26lbs, really a great racket for a new player looking for something good to play tricky slices and drops, a very direct racket but not a power racket by any means nor is it advertised as one but just a racket that is very predictable but not something I would use all the time. Then the strings broke on these as well after a week of play while my APACS L7 is still getting strung up.

So all I am left with is my 700fx which at this point I had all but given up on, but now after playing with a super powerful racket (L7) and my predictable VT7, I have this racket that at first feels like the racket I had given up on but then something changed. I started noticing that my clears all of a sudden were going exactly where I wanted them to go, my backhands are phenomenally better, my smashes are crisp and going down in very steep angles not as fast nor loud but way more effective, because I can literally point the shoot the shuttle where I want. Control of the shuttle at the end of the day favors my play tactic more than power and I have boat loads of it with the NR700fx.

So what changed? Basically I was changing the grips on all my rackets one day and went **** it I am going to cut the strings on this thing and try something new, so I had bought some Yonex BG 66 Maxima and I really didn't care about the warranty on the racket so I got my friend to string it up at 26lbs and I forgot about using it for ages and now this thing just sings. The sound of the racket is so satisfying and everything is so sharp and instant, its just a beautiful racket for doubles play.

For singles play it obviously lacks in the smashing force but I am hoping to remedy that by getting the newly released NR800, because from what I have read and can gauge is that the NR700RP is just not stiff enough and NR800 stats seem like just what I have been thinking about.

Note: Didn't want to start a new thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried out the 700FX. Not for me.. it feels way too damp, no feedback.
    Heres my review of it. http://asmd.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/yonex-nanoray-700fx-toughlex-love/

r
    egards,
    asmd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asmd6230 View Post
    Heres my review of it. http://asmd.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/yonex-nanoray-700fx-toughlex-love/

r
    egards,
    asmd.
    Good review, nice title

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asmd6230 View Post

r
    egards,
    asmd.
    Are you using the same sting on the 1.0? Nice write-up btw (though there should be no Toughlex in the shaft, probably more the addition of X-fullerene instead)
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-09-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, same string at the same tension on the PT 1.0.
    I have three PT 1.0 and they're right now strung with nbg99 @ 28, nbg95@26 and Zymax 67@27.

I find that nbg99 gives me the most power with a nice sound. Hit the sweet spot and it generates good power. Zymax 67 is the nicest for accuracy and delicate net play. Nbg95 kinda is neither here nor there.
    (Nbg 99 is more similar to bg80 than not.)

Im also currently monkeying about with a Head Metallix 8000, which is not half bad for the asking price.
    I have tried many rackets, but the PT 1.0 seems to suit me best. And for when it gets heavy, i switch to the Carlton VTT. Will write about them up in due time. They both have very obviously different characteristics and complement each other rather well.

regards,
    asmd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently bought a 700FX. Curiously, it plays kinda similar to my MX60. Very nice racket, but I am not sold on the strings I have on it (ZM70).

BTW, BP with strings and grip (wet BP) is around 290mm. It is more of a balanced racket, not a super head light like Yonex says.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been playing with NR700FX(s) for 2 months now. Really cannot believe how well it suits my game, I don't know if I will ever find a racket I like more.

As the post a few posts above says, control is amazing. Smashing power and accuracy has also improved tremendously, it seems I favor a mid/light headed racket for maximum swing speed to obtain my most powerful smash.

Currently stringing them with BG80 Power @ 25 lbs (restrung them 3-4 times by now!)

May try a BG66 variant when my reel is done...or go back to ZM62, or even plain BG80.... Not that I don't like BG80P, just want to find the ultimate combo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    Recently bought a 700FX. Curiously, it plays kinda similar to my MX60. Very nice racket, but I am not sold on the strings I have on it (ZM70).

BTW, BP with strings and grip (wet BP) is around 290mm. It is more of a balanced racket, not a super head light like Yonex says.
    Exactly what I found with the 700RP, best replacement for MP99 that I could fine from Yonex. 100% agree on you that it's more even balance than head light.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the discussion of balance point....

Mine's 283mm with Yonex towel grip covering wood only and strung. Weight is 93g - 10g less than the Voltric 9s I was playing with before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to dig up an old thread here, but I got my hands on the new design 700RP today from the booths at AE2013. I gotta say, much better in my opinion than the orange/black combination.
    I bought it for GBP160, pre-strung with BG-65Ti (at I don't know tension); 4UG4. Might not seem that cheap, but considering I got a free thermal bag with it I can't really complain.
    The 700RP I use is 3U, but I am shifting to playing with 4Us as I pretty much only play doubles.

Name:  DSCN1254.JPG
Views: 1128
Size:  113.0 KBName:  DSCN1255.JPG
Views: 1135
Size:  147.5 KBName:  DSCN1256.JPG
Views: 1812
Size:  132.2 KBName:  DSCN1257.JPG
Views: 1203
Size:  114.3 KBName:  DSCN1258.JPG
Views: 1349
Size:  134.9 KBName:  DSCN1259.JPG
Views: 1146
Size:  147.5 KB

EDIT: the photos show the coloured areas to be orange when in fact it is actually a deep red...my point and shoot must be weird or something. There isn't any orange on it at all.
    Last edited by stealthy1; 03-10-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You paid how much?? :P

I like the older one better. Anything red and gold is a cop-out.

I kinda wonder about the Nanoray series now with the intro of the ArcSaber FB. With the FB they took the weight primarily it seems from the shaft so it's probably more head-heavy than you'd expect, but I'd be curious about the swing speed of the FB vs the RP.

Psychological speed vs actual speed.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 03-10-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the old color scheme on the NR700RP better. Seems more contrast to me.

I am actually planning to get a NR700RP to replace my defensive doubles racket, I am going to retire my old MP21.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, agree, the old RP was more stylish and eye-catching. This one has a, er, Li-Ning-ish look to it, to my eye....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, price-wise, when I bought the 700RP when it came out I got it for $200+tax=~$225 CAD. The conversion rate is about 1.53, so roughly $240. It did include a free bag so I think overall the price is similar...I expected it to be more expensive than in Canada. I might have paid 150GBP...I forget. LOL

If you ask me the FB seems like a good concept, but I can't say I trust it enough yet given the amount of success the NS/NR has had over the years. I have a VTZF as a strength racquet and I find that I still play with much more ease in generating fast shots with the 700RP.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast