User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 425
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the first session, if JPN WD fails to win(and I think they will as the better pair of Maeda/Suetsuna already beaten by this young CHN pair), then we might see unfinished contest in the evening session. Maybe WXL/YY will be forced to give up.

    Also, hope Gade will win for a more interesting final tomorrow.

  2. #19
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    A way to check - is to find out how many 3-games matches are there between CHN-vs-CHN matches?
    .
    well, statistically more than any other countries.
    All of the matches between teammates for India, Korea, Japan and Denmark were lasted 2 games or less.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Well, well, well! The only discipline where the Chinese have only 1 representation in the Semis, is the XD!
    And its up the #3 seeds Joachim/Christinna to stop #5 seeds Xu Chen/Ma Jin tomorrow, to prevent any chance of China making a clean sweep.
    MD also.

    But I think MD is still CY/FHF to lose. They nearly lost in round 2 but that Korean pair(Kim/Shim) is playing better than LYD/JJS right now. Ko/Yoo may be the champion if they win today semifinal.

    The more interesting will be Japan Open next week. The 'so far' unbeatable new Korean pairing. They won USA and Canada open without much problem because none of the top 8 pairs competing

  4. #21
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,731
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    well, statistically more than any other countries.
    All of the matches between teammates for India, Korea, Japan and Denmark were lasted 2 games or less.
    And the statistics are where?

  5. #22
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    And the statistics are where?
    regarding all these statistics. tournamentsoftware has now all the international match results all the way back to the early 90s. someone need to write a script to mine all those data so we can start gathering these kind of statistics.

    we need some volunteers.

  6. #23
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,731
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes had the same thought.

    But for this CM 2011 so far 7 CHN-CHN, 6 decided in 2 games with one w.o. (surprisingly at the start of the second game in a reverse of the Wembley match ) and 4 other country head-to-heads with one each, 3 decided in two and one in an incomplete one game w.o.
    One is statistically insignificant, so I guess "statistically" one country comes out on top

  7. #24
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chen Jin will win tonight, looking at his ranking as well as his 1st draw in Japan Open against Sasaki....Chen Jin needs to win tonite...PAW CJ

  8. #25
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    In the first session, if JPN WD fails to win(and I think they will as the better pair of Maeda/Suetsuna already beaten by this young CHN pair), then we might see unfinished contest in the evening session. Maybe WXL/YY will be forced to give up.

    Also, hope Gade will win for a more interesting final tomorrow.
    I do not think so..China will send YY/WXL as well as QT/ZYL.....no need for WXL/YY to lose....

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    hk
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mens singles semifinal. Lin dan vs chen jin. = stomachache?Or maybe not yet, since PG can still spoil things as he has chance to get into the finals.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    It is not fixed matches.. Just like in F1 when two drivers from the same team have a commanding lead, they usually don't try to make stupid moves to overtake the team-mate.
    Yes, not fixed match la..........just some injury or drink too much cold water....la LOL

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    Mens singles semifinal. Lin dan vs chen jin. = stomachache?Or maybe not yet, since PG can still spoil things as he has chance to get into the finals.
    I dont think PG will beat CL..........after dragged 1 hour 18 minutes by DPY yesterday.

  12. #29
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My wish granted. They are showing CL vs PG instead of CJ vs LD on the international tv session. If CL wins, there may not be a match between CJ and LD. Same applies in WD if JPN cuties lost.

    I was right before but to throw away 2 matches will be just to much for BWF to take. Hehe

  13. #30
    Regular Member soulpx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    I dont think PG will beat CL..........after dragged 1 hour 18 minutes by DPY yesterday.
    yeah and remember their match in all england 2011 ? PG is no match to him and CL becomes more better and better now.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    MD also.

    But I think MD is still CY/FHF to lose. They nearly lost in round 2 but that Korean pair(Kim/Shim) is playing better than LYD/JJS right now. Ko/Yoo may be the champion if they win today semifinal.

    The more interesting will be Japan Open next week. The 'so far' unbeatable new Korean pairing. They won USA and Canada open without much problem because none of the top 8 pairs competing
    Yes, LYD/KSH.............unbeatable pair, thats right !

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    yeah and remember their match in all england 2011 ? PG is no match to him and CL becomes more better and better now.
    very true !!

  16. #33
    Regular Member tommy_bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My fave WD junior is playing...GO TJH/XH...Jia You

  17. #34
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Huan Xia / Tang Jinhua takes first game 21-10.

    as expected. not much contest between these two pairs.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Japan Open SS: Day 5 (Semi-Finals) Sat 24-September
    By chris-ccc in forum Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011
    Replies: 691
    : 09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
  2. 2011 China Masters: Finals on Sunday 18-September
    By chris-ccc in forum Chinese Taipei GP Gold / China Masters 2011
    Replies: 454
    : 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. 2010 Super Series Finals: Day 4 (Saturday 8-Jan-2011) Semi-Finals Day
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Final 2010
    Replies: 419
    : 01-09-2011, 07:40 AM
  4. 2009 Super Series Masters Finals - Semi-Finals Day: Saturday December 05
    By chris-ccc in forum Super Series Masters Final 2009
    Replies: 256
    : 12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
  5. China Masters Semi Finals Pics
    By yannie in forum China Masters 2006
    Replies: 41
    : 03-15-2006, 03:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •