smart suggestion...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kelvin, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    For those of us in North American, that keep whinning about having a weak wrist, and wanting to train your strenth up...

I suggest you go to ebay, and buy one of those $1.00 squash racquets, to train your strokes. I worked it out, even with Canada's poor exchange, and regular shipping... it might even be a little cheaper on ebay still!
    Find a nice heavy one while you're at it.
    You wont find no $1 squash racquet in your sports stores, believe me!!!
    If you do, let me know! I'll buy one. :)

Anyways... just thought I'd make this little smart arse suggestion. :)

2. Don

Don Regular Member

I've been training with a squash racquet for the last 8 months when I picked up the sport. It was hard at first and my wrist hurt like there was no tomorrow, but then my wrist got really strong and now I've resorted to curling 120 lb barbells. From my expereince I don't think it's possible to max out on your wrist, eventually you become too strong and the squash racquet just feels like another badminton racquet.

3. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I took your advice and gave it a look, but I think some of those $1 racquets will sell for >$50 or $80 when their auctions finally close in three weeks.

I did see a new Aerotus 77 on e-bay a few days ago that went for $35. I would have mentioned it on this board, as I know Kwun used to play with one, but the auction was ending in a few minutes when I spotted it.

4. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    i saw that aerotus a while ago...but wasnt sure if it was any good otherwise i would have gotten it! i dont know old yonex stuff "[

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ouch...

Tough loss.:(
    We should have chipped in and bought it for Kwun, as our gift to him, for doing such an awesome job with the website. :)

6. May

May Guest

Re: Ouch...

good suggestion.