User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 27 of 27
  1. #18
    Regular Member 7SamuraiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaysia, NZ
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tennis and badminton are some of the very few sports that let a man and woman compete together (in mixed doubles)

    (i think they are the only sports, can someone confirm this fact for me?)

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and sorry to burst your bubble but there is no cursing in my post just pure facts. Maybe in your dream fantasy world women and men would be able to compete with eachother but look at any sport soccer, boxing, football, tennis, basketball. There is a REASON women play in womens division and men play in mens division because nobody wants to see a man beat up a woman there is no pleasure in that. And on the internet not everyone is gonna agree with you just cause u have 20k posts doesn make u anything special on the internet.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7SamuraiX View Post
    Tennis and badminton are some of the very few sports that let a man and woman compete together (in mixed doubles)

    (i think they are the only sports, can someone confirm this fact for me?)
    thats very misleading beacause its MIXED doubles, its 1 man + 1 woman vs 1 man + 1 woman, different than 2 men vs 2 woman.

    going by that logic u can have a soccer match of 6men + 5women vs 6men + 5woman and call it a division.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngboy1984 View Post
    Please quit acting like u know what ur talking about not a single woman would crack top 1000 men.
    I call it like it its and yes women have no chance and would have to wear safety goggles
    The last time I checked there was no exclusivity as to who knew whether a woman would crack the top 1000 men. The problem is you assumed I didn't carry that opinion.

    As for women wearing goggles, why not? Why not men either? But this has nothing to do with the thread and is for another time and place.

    Please, you're starting to make yourself look silly with the "I call it like I see it" comment. If you need to act all tough and angry, attend an anger management course instead.

    Peace

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7SamuraiX View Post
    Tennis and badminton are some of the very few sports that let a man and woman compete together (in mixed doubles)

    (i think they are the only sports, can someone confirm this fact for me?)
    I believe they played mixed doubles in squash at the 2010 Commonwealth Games

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngboy1984 View Post
    and sorry to burst your bubble but there is no cursing in my post just pure facts. Maybe in your dream fantasy world women and men would be able to compete with eachother but look at any sport soccer, boxing, football, tennis, basketball. There is a REASON women play in womens division and men play in mens division because nobody wants to see a man beat up a woman there is no pleasure in that. And on the internet not everyone is gonna agree with you just cause u have 20k posts doesn make u anything special on the internet.
    Awww... 8 posts in and you need to act like a tough guy already. Maybe you need to realize how you carry yourself is important too?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Awww... 8 posts in and you need to act like a tough guy already. Maybe you need to realize how you carry yourself is important too?
    i was answering the original poster, u took it upon your self to call ME out. I wasnt talkin to you, YOU started talking to me. Quit following me like ur my mother. Seems like this kid with 8 posts struck a nerve i mean if i was so irrelevant why u stalking me? rofl

    Not my fault u getting mad because men are better than women at sports... even the best chefs are men ROFL.

    Again 20k posts doesnt make u anything special on the internet, so take a chill pill, talk to you later my buddy

  8. #25
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,801
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The best women would easily break the top 1000 on the WR. Do you even know who is on that list?
    You only have to enter an international tournament once or twice to get in the top 1000 let alone win a match; top 500 still has a few decent names but the best women should still beat many of them ...
    Other than that the suggestion of a merge is ridiculous
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The best women would easily break the top 1000 on the WR. Do you even know who is on that list?
    You only have to enter an international tournament once or twice to get in the top 1000 let alone win a match; top 500 still has a few decent names but the best women should still beat many of them ...
    Other than that the suggestion of a merge is ridiculous
    Only have to play one tournament to get ranking points for WR, 3 tournaments in a year, for your name to go on the ranking list permanently. then you have to play at least 1 tournament a year to keep your name on the list.:

    Isn't there only 750 names on the list anyway ?

    And I think this was (very(!)) briefly discussed for tennis as well where they quickly concluded that the #1 womens tennis player wouldn't be able to beat a top #100 Mens player in a GS event

    Anyway it's not (and will never) happen, Case closed

  10. #27
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,801
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh I reached #1000 of the list, if you're not in the main you won't get enough points with only one tournament.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Division 2 (england, UK)
    By ice_dragon in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 2
    : 05-22-2009, 03:35 AM
  2. Combine avi files
    By mlai08 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 2
    : 05-10-2008, 07:33 AM
  3. Forming a B'Division Training Team
    By cchyboy in forum Singapore
    Replies: 26
    : 03-30-2005, 11:51 PM
  4. china women team vs world women stars
    By seawell in forum 2004 Tournaments
    Replies: 19
    : 10-02-2004, 08:07 AM
  5. New Zealand Division One League - The Wisden Cup
    By adelina76 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 9
    : 08-26-2002, 08:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •