User Tag List

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Yes, things have changed a bit at BC

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    Yes ladies and gentleman, I do drop by here once in a while to see if anything's changed in this place.
    Welcome back wilfredlgf.

Yes, things have changed a bit at BC.

It's good that now BCers are posting our opinions (for sharing and exchanging our thoughts); BC is much better now compared to years ago when BCers would bash one another when we didn't share the same opinions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BCers, after watching so many matches over the years, has there been an incident that the linesmen's decision was influenced or changed by the player(s) concerned? None, I think,so it's a futile attempt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is so obvious that China team has done the "unspeakable" again.

How "coincidental" again that two pairs of players are to meet in semi-finals and before that one pulls out to allow their teammate to have "a good rest on Saturday, so that they can be fresh to play the other finalist on Sunday. For how many tournaments we have seen such scenarios.

I am not convinced that the China players that withdrew from their semi-finals were injured, we have seen many times, the withdrawn player claiming injury on Saturday and come following Tuesday, playing unaffected in new tournament.

Surely something must be done to stop such practices of China team. It was the case for LD and CL, LD withdraw from semi.

Ladies: WYH vs Liu Xin and Liu Xin and Liu Xin withdraw.

Their very actions are spoiling and tarnishing the real essence of sportsmanship.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Only the line judge concerned can tell us if he was influenced or not

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    BCers, after watching so many matches over the years, has there been an incident that the linesmen's decision was influenced or changed by the player(s) concerned? None, I think, so it's a futile attempt.
    Only the line judge concerned can tell us if he was influenced by Chen Long's two hands indicating out.

The rest of us, including CL and/or GC, would not have a clue whether that line judge was influenced or not.

But it's best that;
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Players should allow the line judge to do his work/observation. Players should not tell the line judge whether the shot is in or out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb The underlying issues...

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    The whining happens when the matches between our World's Top 10 players are not played. It so happens that most of the time, they are the CHN-vs-CHN matches.

At this 2011 Japan Open SS, most of us would love to watch our World's Top 10 players doing their battles against each other. But what happened?;

* Wang Yihan (No.1)-vs-Liu Xin (No.9).....No match
    * Lin Dan (No.2)-vs-Chen Long (No.4)......No match

For World Rankings, here is the link;

http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

China team might INTENTIONALLY do these NO-SHOWS (NAKED W/Os) in the SF of JO to COMPLAIN the WBF for PACKING their MS & WS players in the same half (pool); pitching them against each other in the earlier rounds! Otherwise they might get their objectives by other subtler means!

For better understanding of the UNDERLYING ISSUES, pls read over below better explanation:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...19#post1761419
    Last edited by kelana; 09-26-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunny76 View Post
    It is so obvious that China team has done the "unspeakable" again.

How "coincidental" again that two pairs of players are to meet in semi-finals and before that one pulls out to allow their teammate to have "a good rest on Saturday, so that they can be fresh to play the other finalist on Sunday. For how many tournaments we have seen such scenarios.

only one work

I am not convinced that the China players that withdrew from their semi-finals were injured, we have seen many times, the withdrawn player claiming injury on Saturday and come following Tuesday, playing unaffected in new tournament.

Surely something must be done to stop such practices of China team. It was the case for LD and CL, LD withdraw from semi.

Ladies: WYH vs Liu Xin and Liu Xin and Liu Xin withdraw.

Their very actions are spoiling and tarnishing the real essence of sportsmanship.
    one word = China Team "kia Shu"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few stars emerges from this event.

1. OF course the Chinese WD, BYX and ZQX. They beat 4 seeded pairs, they save 8 Match Points from QF,SF and final. Just awesome. Another very talented pair that will do well in future.

2. The XD pair CHL/CWH. They are a strong pair but usually they somehow lost in SF or final round. Buthere they prove that they are also had good chance to win gold next year.

3. Chen Long. Apart from any haters saying that he got 1 day rest , LCW just play poorly etc etc. The fact remain is he play two weeks in a row and win two title in a row beating top players. (Except LD) And the bonus side: he is only 22. He will be 23 in next year Olympic, the golden age.

I will not surprise at all, if both LD or LCW will not win the gold next year. Lets face it, they will become older one more year, a curse in any physical sports games. Just ask Taufik and Peter Gade. They got the skill but not the stamina.

Lets wait and see for next year OG Men singles, should be very interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    China team might INTENTIONALLY do these NO-SHOWS (NAKED W/Os) in the SF of JO to COMPLAIN the WBF for PACKING their MS & WS players in the same half (pool); pitching them against each other in the earlier rounds! Otherwise they might get their objectives by other subtler means!

For better understanding of the UNDERLYING ISSUES, pls read over below better explanation:
    The reason you give (protest for placing same-country players in the same half) is not a good reason. Because even when CHN players meet in finals or semis, the still match fix. So which is better : empty/fake finals or empty/fake earlier rounds?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post

1. OF course the Chinese WD, BYX and ZQX. They beat 4 seeded pairs, they save 8 Match Points from QF,SF and final. Just awesome. Another very talented pair that will do well in future.

2. The XD pair CHL/CWH. They are a strong pair but usually they somehow lost in SF or final round. Buthere they prove that they are also had good chance to win gold next year.3. Chen Long. Apart from any haters saying that he got 1 day rest , LCW just play poorly etc etc. The fact remain is he play two weeks in a row and win two title in a row beating top players. (Except LD) And the bonus side: he is only 22. He will be 23 in next year Olympic, the golden age.

I will not surprise at all, if both LD or LCW will not win the gold next year. Lets face it, they will become older one more year, a curse in any physical sports games. Just ask Taufik and Peter Gade. They got the skill but not the stamina.

if you're talking about OLY next year its a bit far fetched.
    but then again if only Cheng Wen Hsing spend a couple more hours a day on her serves and Chen Hung Ling on his power play, anything can happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb If China do not want their players to face each other at tournaments......

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post

It is silly for China to do that, IMHO.

There are many countries who submitted many entries (of players) in some tournaments (especially in their home tournaments). We don't find many NO-SHOWS (NAKED W/Os) from their players.

At the 2011 Japan Open SS, CHN had (in the Singles events);

* Womens Singles: Only 4 entries.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...5FD6196&draw=4

* Mens Singles: Only 5 entries.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...5FD6196&draw=2

And there was only once in the Womens Singles there was a CHN-vs-CHN match, but it ended as a "No Match".

Again, there was only once in the Mens Singles there was a CHN-vs-CHN match, and again it ended as a "No Match".

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...5FD6196&draw=2

If China do not want their players to face each other at tournaments, then they should not send many entries.

Surely, when more participants from a country have entered, their players will have more chances of facing each other.

If I were LYB and wished not to have many matches of CHN-vs-CHN, then I would send not more than 4 entries in each event.

But LYB sent many CHN participants and have often caused some "No Match" that we Badminton fans wish to watch (some good CHN-vs-CHN matches).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 09-26-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    CWH for sure a MP99.
    What? Can that happened with pro?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post

2. The XD pair CHL/CWH. They are a strong pair but usually they somehow lost in SF or final round. Buthere they prove that they are also had good chance to win gold next year.

3. Chen Long. Apart from any haters saying that he got 1 day rest , LCW just play poorly etc etc. The fact remain is he play two weeks in a row and win two title in a row beating top players. (Except LD) And the bonus side: he is only 22. He will be 23 in next year Olympic, the golden age.

After watching the match again, I beg to differ on point 3. Chen Long won because he played well and improving, Lee CW lost because he was not at his best and, I think,he has yet to get over his WCH narrow defeat to Lin Dan, he certainly didn't play poorly. In the 1st game,he wasn't himself;in the 2nd, he woke up,played fast and furious, aggressively as he had to win;in the 3rd,he was too cautious, just wanted to play safe and win, but when Chen Long got over his 2nd game debacle and managed to return everything that Chong-wei threw at him,leveled the score towards the end, that's when Chong-wei became impatient,nervous, a bit unsure of himself, surprised by CL's resilience and good counter-attack,then it was quickly over in just two more points. If he had played the 3rd set the way he did in the 2nd, probably due to overconfidence and caught by surprise, he would have won the match. Don't forget he didn't make the same mistake earlier against Peter Gade and Kenichi Tago; the latter also surprised him by taking one set.

“It’s exciting. I didn’t think about anything during the match. I’m younger and he is strong. I was just lucky to win,” Chen Long told the media after winning his first Yonex Open Japan title. Note that Chen Long humbly admitted he was "just lucky to win". Let's see whether Chen Long can do it again in the near future, not necessarily the next time they meet. Even the Malaysian press didn't play down Chen Long's victory as due to Lee Chong-wei's poor form or shoulder injury, for that matter, or attribute it to his having a day's rest from a walkover by Lin Dan. Let's give credit where due though I was also equally disappointed by the walkovers for the men's and women's singles. I rest my case, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only have 2 hour nap time before class
    but i decide to write something to kelana

1st,how frequent is the draw made by bwf have 4 of 5 china top ms(bcl absent) in a half?
    try to do a research before complaining
    1 in 100 tournament?
    or
    2 in 300 tournament?

and

how many time lin dan walkover within a year?

cant see how ur point can be valid

2nd,how many withdraw and walkover did china team done(between teamate) in past 5 years?
    i am 100% sure it is more than 50 times
    ================================

i dont even want to mention about fake match between china player
    everyone on earth know lin dan and chen jin have many fake matches in record
    ae 2008,abc 2008,OG 2008,cm 2011 etc

any more junk excuse?
    Last edited by limsy; 09-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to give Chen Long credit for the win against Chong Wei . Chen long has improved ever since his win in the world junior championship .. but in terms of technique and smashes , he is still behind Lin dan .. I agree chen long get the extra rest to win against chong wei .. zhong guo dui jia you... wo ai zhong guo ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So patriotic ? There are 2 sets of fans. One is an idol worshipper. The other is a country fanatic. Both can be dangerous if it reaches the extreme stage. Let loose a little. Release some tension. Better for the health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolii View Post
    but where is there the need to influence the lines judge when the shot landed clearly out? and are the lines judge so easily influenced that he would have just parroted that the shot was "OUT" even if he actually saw otherwise? I feel it's such a strong accusation to make against a player who made a reflex gesture in front of the lines judge because he got very ecstatic at clinching the championship point when he saw that his opponent's shuttle land out.

It is just sad that people would try to demean an honest match victory by saying things like "he had the advantage of a day's rest", and "he tried (and succeeded) in influencing the lines judge into giving him the win". Would it have mattered if CL had a Week's rest if he did not have anything to better CW when playing against him today?

On the other hand, judging from the many opinions shared on the forum, i'd add one thing: hats off to some of the sports audience nowadays. they make it their business to worry about what kind of court habit is detrimental for the sport and are hence always on the lookout for little things like Trying to Influence the linesjudge, players Raising their hands to Stall a match before being served to, etc. This can't be an easy thing to keep up since they only end up spoiling their fun in watching the match but they only do it out of concern for the sport. i think it is very noteworthy.
    Many Malaysian fans can not admit their idol's deafeat by CL.
    Last edited by laonong; 09-26-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LCW may retire without a world title

I mean Olympics and World cup

I really wish he could retire with a major title. He deserves to have one. However, LCW is facing tough competition.

2012 London Olympics, I still think LD : LCW is 60:40, simply because LD handles big tournament better. Even if LCW can beat LD, now CL is catching up. The thing is in 2012, lcw WILL BE ONE YEAR OLDER. CL is going up, but LCW is going down. Aging is catching up with LCW.

LCW said he's going to participate 2013 world champion, by then he is 2 years older. I think CL will have more age advantage.

Do you believe Federer will win another GS? Djokovic and Nadal will not easily give up, and Federer is getting older each year. Actually it is easier (though not easy) for Federer to win another GS than LCW to win a major title, because there are 4 GS each year, and there is only one major title each year in badminton.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast