User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havent heard the news regarding suspicious walkovers which BWF promised to investigate and discuss....Wonder whats going on in their meeting room.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD lost at DO.... Another proof LD avoiding CHN teammate. I got a feeling this time he himself did it on purpose knowing that in the next round the boss will tell him to loose anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    LD lost at DO.... Another proof LD avoiding CHN teammate. I got a feeling this time he himself did it on purpose knowing that in the next round the boss will tell him to loose anyway.
    Yes I agree on this one.

This time at lest they are more subtle. If he throws in another match against his teamate,I think they will booed like hell. The Chinese team knows that badminton fans around the world are "boiling".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Are you really NOT THERE??? Read your above post carefully. And you use those apples-to-oranges situations to justify the walkout/walkover issues we are discussing?? Its pretty obvious that you either don't care to think objectively before you post, OR, maybe you aren't capable of that exercise. OR maybe you know exactly what you're up to... Your earlier post actually sums up your attitude:
    I really do not know who's really not there, you or me?

All I was trying to say (be it apple vs orange to you or not), is that we as fans, have different agenda and life / career priorities than the players and coaches. I am not trying to encourage anyone to "conserve", but rather saying, it's easy for us to point finger to the TV, and blame this and all that. If you are in the players' shoes, and think about your next 10 years or even longer career, you may think more or less differently.

I am not here trying to defend anyone, but rather showing a bit more understanding, and trying to figure out the "root cause" (may not be the only 1 cause, of course), rather than judging and making quick conclusions.

Anyway, like I posted in my 1st reply in this thread, this topic has been discussed maybe hundreds, if not thousands of times. We can whine, we can cry, we can surely boooo, but unless you come out with an effective way to enforce the rules, it's pretty much waste of time.

For you notes, I am watching the ESPN news. It reports that some NFL teams uses "injury reserve" rules to bank in some talents to avoid other teams claim them. You can say such attempt is "abusive" as well, as they on purposely to eliminate the possible talents opponents can ever acquire. However, find an "injury" from any pro athletes (badminton players included, of course) will be sooooooooooooooo easy. That's why even more well orginized leagues like NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc can never really enforce any rules to investigate "injury reserve" ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    This has got to be the most ironic post in this thread. If Anna is a thief, what does that make the CBA?
    Well, thief might be hmmmm... Or should I add "shamless"???

Thieves at least usually keeps his mouth shut and run away. I wonder how Anna can even open her mouth about "player's rights to pursue their own destiny", when she and many others lower ranking players took away other higher ranking players' life time dream away? Where is the rights for XXZ, XXF, CY, etc. Are their rights got stripped, simply because they were born in the "wrong" family?

My suggestion to her is, if you get the benefit from a rule at the cost of hurting others, enjoy your moment, and consider yourself lucky. There's no need to rob salt in others' wound... Or at least, use your brain to think twice, before saying something to slap your own face.

Sure sure, your guys can all educate me about "the rules say so", and point me as the "narrow mind", not "sharing", whatever....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Basket ball players and fans don't care about playing straight and sportsmanship?no my problem. Do I care? You have all the rights to talk about basket ball, just go to basket ball forum. We are talking about badminton over here.I don't watch basket ball. I don't know what are you talking about in your basket ball example and I don't care. I am a badminton fan. I care about sportsmanship in badminton. Thousand of us here at BC care about sportsmanship in badminton. Millions of badminton fans around the world care about sportsmanship in badminton. Why do you think the chinese team get booed when they stage fake matches and WO? Why do you think we voice our discontent over here at BC? We care about sportsmanship and we are trying to find a solution. So if you think badminton fans should care about sportsmanship and we should tolerate these sort of manipulation, you are dreaming. You are the one that is not living in the real world. Who are you trying to convince? You think you can argue a way out for the chinese team? So that we fans and BWF should accept constant WO and match fixing done by the chinese team?If you think the chinese team spit on sportsmanship is ok then I am afraid there is not the talk about here. You can stay where you are. We have our stand. Slowly but surely, I believe a better solution and enforcement will beimplemented.Oh yes, cobalt, thank you for creating this thread.
    Surely you do not care about other organization. That's exactly why ppl here like you, never bother to learn from others experience.

I am not in the real world? Well last time I check, CHN is still dominating, and your guys are still whinning but not improving. Talking is cheap, and you can boooo everyone, if that ever brings in a trophy or something...

For the very last time, I will tell you a champion is made by years of training and hardwork, by a rather successful system, but NOT by a more enhanced rule book.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 10-23-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Havent heard the news regarding suspicious walkovers which BWF promised to investigate and discuss....Wonder whats going on in their meeting room.
    That is why I say BWF is toothless. They should take action years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Surely you do not care about other organization. That's exactly why ppl here like you, never bother to learn from others experience.

I am not in the real world? Well last time I check, CHN is still dominating, and your guys are still whinning but not improving. Talking is cheap, and you can boooo everyone, if that ever brings in a trophy or something...

For the very last time, I will tell you a champion is made by years of training and hardwork, by a rather successful system, but NOT by a more enhanced rule book.
    This thread is not talking about who is dominating badminton.

Well, if the chinese team doesn't like getting the thumbs down, then just don't do the WO and fake matches. If they don't these kind of manipulation, nobody will booo the them.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've started a new thread to deal specifically with issues directly associated with BWF and how BWF is managing the sport. I encourage all of you who are interested to please check out this thread and post and discuss your ideas, suggestions and criticisms.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...21#post1777921

I strongly believe that together, all of us have the power to effect positive change for our game. Your thoughts, objections and suggestions will eventualy matter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now, did BWF investigate what happened to JYJ during Quarter final of the denmark open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one happened.
    Long Chen - Zengming Wang Walkover
    I wish they will really get a very seriuos injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    And now, did BWF investigate what happened to JYJ during Quarter final of the denmark open?
    Yes they did.. They also contacted CSI N.Y. to investigate at the hostpital if JOs heart-racing condition really wasn't faked.... sigh..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right I get the master plan to qualify 3 in top 4 for olympics or whatever. One tournament that only one can win. Do they think one other china player over others will tire out chong wei that much more before the final? I don't get it. A whole year of making the sport and potentially great tournaments a joke just so CJ can go out in the qf chen long go out in the sf and LD to get beat in the final? Seems like a high price to me even if one wins.

Anyhoo it is the last season for wei, gade and lin dan apparently or at least the last season with all of them together and it is being ruined by good matches not happening. This is bad for promoting badminton not to mention bringing it into disrepute not good. So we have accepted that nobody can say yes it's really good for the sport so can someone at BWF have a bit of business sense and grow a pair of balls and sort their sport out so people will keep watching/be interested in it. Get bernie Eccelstone in from f1 to be promotional director and see what would happen to china team when they bring the sport into disrespute. There are no rules to stop them but bernie would make something up and have LYB banned for life for something sending message to future coaches. I bet the main top guy/girls at BWF all have that classic attitude of - I don't want to make the sport bigger I just don't want to do a worse job than the last guy.

My opinion is that LYB has lost his way. He obviously does not care about badminton but just about winning or sorry cementing his place in history as best coach of all time. Dangerous thing for the sport.

BWF should have a bit of self respect for their own tournaments and not dribble over the olympics as much like some bunny boiller. They are kind of encouraging all of this to happen.
    Last edited by craigandy; 10-28-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chayady View Post
    Another one happened.Long Chen - Zengming Wang WalkoverI wish they will really get a very seriuos injury.
    All the effort to put CL face off the world number one again. LYB must have hope CL can go hatrick, and if not he will learn more valuable leasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB is not the best coach and the chinese team is not the best badminton team on earth.

According to my definition, they may be the strongest but not the best.

A team that spit on sportmanship is a lousy team regardless of how many titles they won. Millions of badminton fans around the world are not blind. They can see what is going on. The chinese team will gain not gain respect no matter how many titles they have won.

LYB has no professionalism at all. How can he be a good coach? Not to mention be the best coach. This moron is the black sheep in the industry.

BWF has no balls. Badminton can survive without LYB and the chinese team. Just ban this team from any tournaments and I bet they will be crawling back to knock at the door again.

Badminton is a BIG industry in china. If the chinese badminon is being chased out of world tournaments, the chinese badminton industry players at many levels will revolt . MULTI-MILLIONS of chinese badminton fans will make noise.The pressure will get LYB and the national level coaches and higher management to toe the line.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    LYB is not the best coach and the chinese team is not the best badminton team on earth.

According to my definition, they may be the strongest but not the best.

A team that spit on sportmanship is a lousy team regardless of how many titles they won. Millions of badminton fans around the world are not blind. They can see what is going on. The chinese team will gain not gain respect no matter how many titles they have won.
    No pictures on a scorecard. So in your opnion if China are not the "best" who is?....Please be scotland..... please be scotland

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    No pictures on a scorecard. So in your opnion if China are not the "best" who is?....Please be scotland..... please be scotland
    No mate, its Australia

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast