User Tag List

Thread: HEAD Lite 80

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HEAD Lite 80

hi,

i am a above beginner player and i don't like the heavy rackets. I am looking at the HEAD Lite 80 racket but not sure is it good for smashing. Has anybody had any experience with racket? thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i forgot to mention that i saw this Head YouTek Speed Lite Pro racket listed on DirectSports website . are they the same as the one on HEAD's website?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are different rackets dude. The Speed Lite PRO looks to be a slightly higher spec racket. Also, the colour scheme is different. Both rackets are black and white only in reverse. 50 down from 100 - go for it!!! I've had experience with HEAD rackets before and I really liked them, particularly their Metallix range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are serious about 'light' rackets you might want to take a look at Ashaway's range of Superlight rackets. I currently use Ashaway rackets myself and am very happy with them. I've tried the Superlight 79 SQ and was very impressed with it. Check them out for yourself.

http://www.ashaway.co.uk/index.php?c...&scid=12&brand=
    Last edited by allyjack110; 09-25-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    If you are serious about 'light' rackets you might want to take a look at Ashaway's range of Superlight rackets. I currently use Ashaway rackets myself and am very happy with them. I've tried the Superlight 79 SQ and was very impressed with it. Check them out for yourself.

http://www.ashaway.co.uk/index.php?c...&scid=12&brand=
    thanks allyjack110. the only things worry me is are these rackets tend to break more easily? are they any good for smashing at all compare with heavier ones?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks allyjack110. the only things worry me is: do they break more easily? are they any good for smashing compare with heavier ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take the metallix 8000. It's really cheap in the uk around 50 pounds. I have them, Clark played / plays with them so you cant go wrong and about the smashes. Just look for some video's on youtube when Clarks needs to play, u'll see it's good.

All rackets will break if you hit them good. So less of your concern about that i think. Just go for a cheap good racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think this racket is good though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongrocks View Post
    You think this racket is good though?
    That's hard to tell, because I dont know your playstyle and I havent touch this racket before. Specs said it's a flex racket so means it's good for people like me who hasnt have much power. Guess you have to consider if the price is good.

You have swing this racket in the shop and if you like the feeling and the price is right then i'll say go for it. Head makes good product and it wont break easily. I have the metallix 4000 about 3 years and still looking as good as new even after i have contact with other rackets during the double. To be honest i even have thrown with it. (bad habit)

So give it a try. Still I will recommen the metallix 8000. I really like that one and it's cheaper. pure personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm choosing between Metallix 4000 $59 USD on amazon and Head Lite 80 $53 on amazon. I like power but at the same time have a racket with fast maneuverability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongrocks View Post
    Well I'm choosing between Metallix 4000 $59 USD on amazon and Head Lite 80 $53 on amazon. I like power but at the same time have a racket with fast maneuverability.
    That's easy for me to choose:P Head metallix 4000 for sure. Nothing wrong with the head lite 80 is just I do like my 4000 and you cant go wrong and like I said before I havent touch a lite 80 before so I dont know the feeling about that one.
    the 4000 is a good racket I can do everything with it
    (easy court clears, dropshot are sharp, defence is great thanks to the lightweight), but it doesnt make you want to smash and dont get me wrong you can smash hard with it.
    the problem is it's doesnt invite you to smash. So it isnt a smash racket I usually use the 4000 for the single.

Seems like you like white and black. If you want to smash more, metallix 8000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just broke my head lite 80

it was strung at 26lbs with BG80, it was fun playing with it, it was good for control especially in returning smashes, very easy to maneuver and can generate power but not as powerfull as heavier head rackets like my friends' millenium 3200. Some people say that lighter rackets tend to break easily, at first i did not believe in what they were saying but now i do because i just bought my racket atleast 2-3 months ago and it was strung for the first time and just last night i didn't know why it was destroyed as easy as that, maybe the durability was sacrificed for its lightness?, i believe that my power is in the average level, i dont know,and i saw and experience the clashing of rackets more powerfull than the time someone hit mine. Well anyways the performance of the racket is 4 out of 5 stars for me, it was suitable for my style of play: i occasionally play drops but more on power. i guess i have to switch to heavier rackets next time, ill try