User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 45 of 45
  1. #35
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,778
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushes View Post
    Basically you dedicate one bird to fixing others.
    Hard to explain.


    I bought a tube just to test them out. Cool idea.
    Costs 66 RMB per tube, which is equal to about $10-$11 USD for 6 birds.
    .
    If we dedicate one bird to fix others, then wouldn't we will end up with one bird with its cork and plastic loop wasted?
    .

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    If we dedicate one bird to fix others, then wouldn't we will end up with one bird with its cork and plastic loop wasted?
    .
    Well eventually, yes.
    I would agree selling individual feathers would be a good idea AS LONG as it's considerably cheaper than a regular tube of birds.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok played with them 3 or 4 games.

    They fly pretty well. Feel is a bit strange in the beginning but once you get used to it it's really nice.
    The feathers last longer than from cheap feather training shuttles.
    But the best thing about these shuttles, normally when playing for fun or training you don't care when 1 feather is broken because it would be a waste of money to already use a new shuttle. With these shuttles you just take a new shuttle and when you are home you replace the broken feather. So you will always play with good flying shuttles, no mather if it's training of fun game.

    Would be nice if separate bags of feather, corks and plastic holders are going to be sold though.
    I also gave 1 tube to our of our best players at our club so he can try them out during their training session. He will also let me know how they feel etc. because normally I don't even play with feather :P

  4. #38
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,778
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Ok played with them 3 or 4 games.

    They fly pretty well. Feel is a bit strange in the beginning but once you get used to it it's really nice.
    The feathers last longer than from cheap feather training shuttles.
    But the best thing about these shuttles, normally when playing for fun or training you don't care when 1 feather is broken because it would be a waste of money to already use a new shuttle. With these shuttles you just take a new shuttle and when you are home you replace the broken feather. So you will always play with good flying shuttles, no mather if it's training of fun game.

    Would be nice if separate bags of feather, corks and plastic holders are going to be sold though.
    I also gave 1 tube to our of our best players at our club so he can try them out during their training session. He will also let me know how they feel etc. because normally I don't even play with feather :P
    .
    Do let us know what your best player at your club thinks.
    .

  5. #39
    Regular Member LCW Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Yesterday a friend of mine brought this Li-ning shuttlecocks to our mens doubles session.
    The first Impression was a bit scary. This plastic ring stabilise the replaceable feathers. I was sceptic. The shuttles were faster than some other 77's which I'm used to, but the weight of them was a bit heavier compared to regular shuttlecocks and the contact with the string felt a bit harder, maybe through the plastic. Especially at the net they felt really strange and a bit out of control. I regular use YY AS 30 or Victor Service. In terms of durability we could play 3 sets with one shuttle. This was quite good. To get a rebuilt shuttlecock we must sacrifice the feathers of a damaged shuttle. 6 shuttles were in the tube. Sometimes it was a bit difficult to replace feathers because some didn't fit in the plastic ring. So we had to try different feathers. My friend paid 9 Euro for this tube. The Idea is smart but the achievement isn't perfect. I wouldn't buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I have tried them, and I would like them, but I do not think they will be a success. They play quite well, and the feeling is MUCH MUCH better than plastic. But it is NOT as good feel as good feather shuttles.

    I would not recommend this shuttle. If anyone CAN afford they should use normal feather shuttles.

    However if the choice is between this and plastic, anyone choosing plastic should have his head examined :-).

    If this makes economy on par with plastic it would take away the economy argument to move from plastic to feather.. However I think most plastic players does not care about good flight characteristics anyway, and would think it is cumbersome to replace feathers etc..

    I do not see these shuttles sell well to current users of plastics and not to players seeking better shuttles. Maybe one consumer group could be badmintonclubs that would like to save shuttle cost for junior training, and dont mind the work to repair shuttles after training sessions, to save some shuttle expenses for the club?

    agreed with u two .........

    i also try it .....
    Name:  lining33.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  61.0 KB

  6. #40
    Regular Member LCW Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Yesterday a friend of mine brought this Li-ning shuttlecocks to our mens doubles session.
    The first Impression was a bit scary. This plastic ring stabilise the replaceable feathers. I was sceptic. The shuttles were faster than some other 77's which I'm used to, but the weight of them was a bit heavier compared to regular shuttlecocks and the contact with the string felt a bit harder, maybe through the plastic. Especially at the net they felt really strange and a bit out of control. I regular use YY AS 30 or Victor Service. In terms of durability we could play 3 sets with one shuttle. This was quite good. To get a rebuilt shuttlecock we must sacrifice the feathers of a damaged shuttle. 6 shuttles were in the tube. Sometimes it was a bit difficult to replace feathers because some didn't fit in the plastic ring. So we had to try different feathers. My friend paid 9 Euro for this tube. The Idea is smart but the achievement isn't perfect. I wouldn't buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I have tried them, and I would like them, but I do not think they will be a success. They play quite well, and the feeling is MUCH MUCH better than plastic. But it is NOT as good feel as good feather shuttles.

    I would not recommend this shuttle. If anyone CAN afford they should use normal feather shuttles.

    However if the choice is between this and plastic, anyone choosing plastic should have his head examined :-).

    If this makes economy on par with plastic it would take away the economy argument to move from plastic to feather.. However I think most plastic players does not care about good flight characteristics anyway, and would think it is cumbersome to replace feathers etc..

    I do not see these shuttles sell well to current users of plastics and not to players seeking better shuttles. Maybe one consumer group could be badmintonclubs that would like to save shuttle cost for junior training, and dont mind the work to repair shuttles after training sessions, to save some shuttle expenses for the club?
    agreed with u two....

    i also try it..... but, not like it .

    Name:  li-ning-pn3000-huan-yu-badminton-shuttlecock-1108-14-scean7217@2.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  43.2 KB

  7. #41
    Regular Member TimothyHsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Milpitas
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are these still in the market?

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't mind trying a tube or two if these are still available.

  9. #43
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,778
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Are Li-Ning Phoenix shuttlecocks still available ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyHsu View Post
    Are these still in the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by mater View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying a tube or two if these are still available.
    .
    I haven't bought them before. I haven't played with them before.

    Hope that BCers who have bought/played with them before can answer the questions asked.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.

  10. #44
    Regular Member TimothyHsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Milpitas
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i tried one of the links posted in this thread but the tube was gone

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see these at BBE Sports but I have no idea how to order, the site isn't very easy to understand for me. Perhaps for someone who can understand Chinese can order and communicate with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    : 12-02-2005, 05:50 PM
  2. rsl feather replaceable shuttlecock?
    By red00ecstrat in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 3
    : 09-05-2005, 12:10 AM
  3. Replaceable feather shuttles
    By taneepak in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 9
    : 05-29-2004, 08:44 PM
  4. Feather Shuttlecocks
    By larryxberry in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 10
    : 05-12-2004, 02:47 AM
  5. Yonex Feather Shuttlecocks: F-90
    By Pete in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 2
    : 06-02-2001, 09:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •