User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy a cheap two-piece racket or a cheap musclepower from yonex. then tape it up with lead tape or electrical tape and grip to weigh it down and to tweak the balance to your preference. cheap and easy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I got the training rackets. Wet weight for the Kimoni-135 is 147g. And the wet weight of the Kimoni-150 is 160g. Both strung with BG65 @ 24lbs and overgrip (Yonex Supergrap). Left the plastic wrap on the handle as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay...finally got a chance to use my training rackets.

Used the Kimoni 135 on the weekend. Wow...heavy as heck. Did some practice swings (clears, smashes, drops). Played 1 casual (sorta competitive) doubles game...me+girl vs 2 guys. We won...although the score was close. I didn't try to power through my smashes as I was well aware that doing so might take my arm off. So it was just power by technique. And I was cognizant to keep my racket up at all times (which I managed to do).

Switched to my VT80 after the game cuz I didn't want risk injury by playing more games with my training racket. Heh...the VT80 felt light as a feather.

Gonna use the Kimoni 150 for shadow drills at home during the week.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used my Kimoni 150 yesterday doing some shadow drills (no shuttles). Practiced lunge+drop, clears, and backhand clears. Did it about 15-20 minutes. My shoulders a bit stiff today. Gonna keep it light and gradually increase the minutes when my shoulder gets stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Used my Kimoni 150 yesterday doing some shadow drills (no shuttles). Practiced lunge+drop, clears, and backhand clears. Did it about 15-20 minutes. My shoulders a bit stiff today. Gonna keep it light and gradually increase the minutes when my shoulder gets stronger.
    Hi CanucksDynasty, a year later. Any update on your training rackets? I am also looking for one though not looking to speed $80-$100 for one. Looking at a Apacs $50.00 US, Hi-Que $300 HKD and Victor $600 HKD (a bit hi).
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wning View Post
    Hi CanucksDynasty, a year later. Any update on your training rackets? I am also looking for one though not looking to speed $80-$100 for one. Looking at a Apacs $50.00 US, Hi-Que $300 HKD and Victor $600 HKD (a bit hi).
    Thanks
    Hi wning,

I still use the 135g for warm-up drills (and the occasional games) during my rec play on the weekends. And the 150g for practice swings in the office at work. It's heavy and good enough to do the job (of strenghtening the muscles and quicken the reaction time).

I have no problems with HH rackets now. Switched from VT80 to VTZF...wasn't hard to adjust at all. I don't get any shoulder aches anymore as well.

As for your choice of training rackets...it's your call. I think the main point is to you get your desired weight (ie. 120g, 140g, etc) and balance (which I think most are even balanced). It's a training racket so I don't think you need to spend $$ for a better design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks CanucksDynasty, didn't have a choice here in To. Hoping to get a Hi-Que ($300 hkd) or a Pronvice training racket ($220 HKd) in Hong Kong. Kimoni is too expensive for me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2