Can anyone recommend good shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by jackyche, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jackyche

jackyche Regular Member

Ok, here's the deal. I like Mizuno Wave Smash and Asics Gel-Blast 3/4.

My problem is that I can't seem to find them anywhere here in the US. Any badminton shoes actually. Badminton is just not popular enough here for retailers to stock badminton shoes.

I know, Yonex is the exception. But I don't want to wear Yonex. Everyone at the club got one. And they don't have that many models so everyone wears the same damn shoes.

So, can any recommend shoes that are good for badminton sport that I can actually get here? There are some shoes that are in the category for 'indoor courts'. And I seem to recall some makers lump badminton in with volleyball.

Any suggestions?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is best to get shoes when you can physically try it.

a size 8 from Yonex is different than size 8 from Victor and different than size 8 from Mizuno.

heck, even the same model, different color version of two Victor shoes at the same size feels different last time i try it.

also you didnt' say which part/city of US you are from.

my suggestion is stick with whatever you can find locally. if it is Yonex, so be it. it is more important to get a pair of shoes that fits well and not develop any issues associated with poor fitting than to be unique.

IMHO, of course. ;)