User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Of course I do, and the sleeping Ayane as well... just for you, my friend
    Wow, you do have a good memory. Or is that obvious from the photo ?
    I quote myself: 'Just woke up from sleep look, lol.'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2012 Canadian Open: WS title winner, Nozomi Okuhara

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    wow, that's real her? Look a bit different.
    2012 Canadian Open WS title winner, Nozomi Okuhara, sent us her photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a great potential in her !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    There were these girls shouting every time Noz served. Kinda distracting to the opponent, isn't it?

MM played a pretty passive G3, making it easy for Noz to take control.
    For people wondering, Japanese always cheers their players on during games.
    In this case, right before Okuhara serves, her team mates shouts "Ippon" which lit. means "One point" but in context "Let's get the next point!". This is very common between doubles players as well. Player A turns to player B and says "Ippon" while player B replies "Hai".

I remember when I played in my former university club in Japan. We were all shouting on each other like crazy, even when we lost points. You notice this even more when the Japanese play Team games (i.e. Unisys vs NTT East). The players on court have team mates beside the court constantly cheering on after each point taken or lost. It's sort of an unwritten rule in the Japanese badminton community where you have to cheer your mates on during these types of games.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    For people wondering, Japanese always cheers their players on during games.
    In this case, right before Okuhara serves, her team mates shouts "Ippon" which lit. means "One point" but in context "Let's get the next point!". This is very common between doubles players as well. Player A turns to player B and says "Ippon" while player B replies "Hai".

I remember when I played in my former university club in Japan. We were all shouting on each other like crazy, even when we lost points. You notice this even more when the Japanese play Team games (i.e. Unisys vs NTT East). The players on court have team mates beside the court constantly cheering on after each point taken or lost. It's sort of an unwritten rule in the Japanese badminton community where you have to cheer your mates on during these types of games.
    Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I do notice a very strong team bond, especially with the synchronized cheering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good for Okuhara in the All Japan Championships.
    She beat Sayaka Takahashi today 21-14, 21-19 and tomorrow she will play semi-finals.
    She said after the match that she was very relieved and since she was able to make the national team, she thought that her duty in this tournament was to become at least one of the four best.

The article also mensions that she felt pain in her right knee as well as her right elbow during the game... Doesn't sound good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    Looking good for Okuhara in the All Japan Championships.
    She beat Sayaka Takahashi today 21-14, 21-19 and tomorrow she will play semi-finals.
    She said after the match that she was very relieved and since she was able to make the national team, she thought that her duty in this tournament was to become at least one of the four best.

The article also mensions that she felt pain in her right knee as well as her right elbow during the game... Doesn't sound good
    A dream match against Minatsu.
    Which is surprising, since Minatsu's name isn't in the list for Shenzhen even though she is 13th in BWF's current ranking, 1 above Eriko who is taking part in the tournament. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be that she is injured, but is playing in the All Japan Championships to keep her place in next year's national team. Do you know what the selection criteria is for next year's team? How important is this tournament?
    Also strange is Ayane's no show in her match against Kaori Imabeppu.

http://www.badminton.or.jp/2012/allj...esult_1207.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    A dream match against Minatsu.
    Which is surprising, since Minatsu's name isn't in the list for Shenzhen even though she is 13th in BWF's current ranking, 1 above Eriko who is taking part in the tournament. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be that she is injured, but is playing in the All Japan Championships to keep her place in next year's national team. Do you know what the selection criteria is for next year's team? How important is this tournament?
    Also strange is Ayane's no show in her match against Kaori Imabeppu.

http://www.badminton.or.jp/2012/allj...esult_1207.pdf
    Accordingly to this http://www.badminton.or.jp/national/rule.html

it says that they select players from the results of this tournament and the national ranking.
    For singles, only the winner and the runner-up (meaning two men, two women) will be selected. And for doubles, only the winners are selected (two men, two women).

In total, there are 40 players in the national team. 20 in the A-team and 20 in the B-team, equally divided between men and women.

So yeah, I'd say this tournament is very important for the players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minatsu had just beaten Nozomi in the semi final. She will face Kaoru in tomorrow final, I believe Minatsu will take this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if Okuhara lost against Mitani, she is still high ranked so making the team next year again won't be a problem I think.

Good on Mitani, though. She claimed she had knee pain when she played during HK Open. Looks like she's recovered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nozomi to join Unisys

I am so surprised to see the league result of 16 Dec. I saw Nozomi's name! She was representing Unisys partner with Misaki in WD! And they won! lol... Nozomi's name is not registered in Unisys' women team, so I was shocked. I think she appeared as a secret weapon to surprise the crowds. I found a video of her and Misaki playing WD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3C...e_gdata_player

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so surprised to see the league result of 16 Dec. I saw Nozomi's name! She was representing Unisys partner with Misaki in WD! And they won! lol... Nozomi's name is not registered in Unisys' women team, so I was shocked. I think she appeared as a secret weapon to surprise the crowds. I found a video of her and Misaki playing WD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3C...e_gdata_player
    It's a surprise.

As I see it, Nozomi should concentrate only on Women's Singles.

Of course, she can participate in Women's Dooubles (as well), but it would drain her energy and concentration away from her Women's Singles events.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It's a surprise.

As I see it, Nozomi should concentrate only on Women's Singles.

Of course, she can participate in Women's Dooubles (as well), but it would drain her energy and concentration away from her Women's Singles events.
    but then she is still a high school student now. I am wondering, why can she play for Unisys on 16 Dec, because the Japan League is a competition among corporates. She is not a corporate member yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a treat. Mind you, the pink team nearly came back in G2 but Unisys's lead was just big enough to secure the win.

A nice find.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently nobody bothered to read the interview with the Adidas Badminton honcho so let me bring it to you :

"Q6: What will adidas' strategy be in relation to player sponsorship and endorsement within Badminton and are we likely to see adidas get involved with major badminton tournaments as main sponsor?

CD:
    Adidas has already moved into the player ambassador market. Viktor Axelsen, the 2010 World Junior Champion and current World No. 22 joins us in March 2013 as does Wing Ki Wong, current World No. 19, again only 22 years of age. In April 2013, we will welcome Nozomi Okuhara, current Junior World Champion and ranked No. 25 in the world. This team of Young Gun talent is the first of many which will showcase our products to the world. Specific to events, we are in very preliminary discussions with event holders and hope these will conclude successfully.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

good move.

i think Adidas is spending wisely on their investment. not lavishly like LiNing and not too generous like Yonex. perhaps a bit conservative but they are new and small at the moment.

it is a good start.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice. Little Noz will be a wonderful ambassador for the Adidas brand. Looks like they have a game plan to get their name out there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast