Chen Long Ultimate power that you wanted to know.

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by observer, Sep 28, 2011.

1. observer

observer Regular Member

Hi Just for sharing 0.001 out of my pictures collection. :)

Chen Long.jpg

2. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    Hahaha........ Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator 2 : Judgement Day quote " Talk To the hand"

3. observer

observer Regular Member

:) in 2011 Chen long wanna break some kind of high raising record.

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    i don't know why I feel a little bit irritated with chen long hand

it seems in almost every point he did that
    and I feel annoyed because it seems like he is trying to throw off LCW rhythm

5. observer

observer Regular Member

U are not alone! :)
    and this happens since 2011.... which month then i forgot. if you compile everything together. we will have the long list of the same pics hahaha~~

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    he didn't manage to throw off Kevin Cordon. so why it is so easy to throw off LCW?

7. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    if you see the match you will know that it's not Chen Long's fault. Kevin Cordon(world number 26) play like he is world top 5 and afterall the score is 27-25.

i think 2-3 years later when Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei retired he will be the best men single.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Brilliant satire, observer! I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read/saw your starting post!!! Nicely done; really enjoyed it... :D

He didn't exactly find it easy to throw off LCW :D 21-19 in game 3...

9. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Agree, CL can be one of the best mest single in the future.
    Althought in my opinion his winning against LCW in the JO is more cuz LD giving walkaway so that he have more rest and seen opponent match for final, I admire CL has ability to become best player.

10. observer

observer Regular Member

Thanks.

What happened after he being the best in 2-3 years? :D ...... there will be more player try to do palm raising move. :p

I saw on the Peter Gade vs Chen Long there is a match.... just right after peter gade serve, chen long raises the "palm of God" xD
    if all player raises the palm when the serve is happening. future video will be interesting :p

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

haha, this is interesting indeed.. glad that someone realize this as well.. thanks for sharing:D

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Does he show the Palm to underdogs? I shudder to think if he becomes WR1. But it means I will save a lot of time and money. The post LCW era may see a decline in badminton fan-ship

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Someone will step up to win them all in the post LCW/LD era, CL could be the one. We are lucky to see LCW, LD, PG and TH play each other. When they exit, the next batch is as exciting as watching paint dry. I agree there will be a decline in fans and empty arenas (except maybe in CHN).
    I watched the CL-LCW match. It is obvious LYB setup for CL to play LCW to gain points and to play LCW as much as possible, knowing CL will be in LCW half in OLY12 (If LD and CL are 1-2, they will be in opposite half). So when CL won, he was so excited he went straight to papa LYB as if 'we did it, we won'.
    As long as CHN view this as a team game and LYB controls all the players, this setup will stay status quo. If a non-CHN player even think of pursuing a pro career in badminton, and seeing that he has to take on LYB and the CHN wall to win, that would be a deterrent. Better go sell laksa, nasi lemak or back to school.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s just the LCW era now. How can you include LD? The guy s a part timer. And they will make sure it will not be CHN MS 1-2. The last thing they want happen is for LD to play LCW in SF! Even if LD were to win, he may not have much left for the finals. And who knows PG, the evergreen marathoner, may be waiting. LYB will synchronize it so it s LCW-LD 1-2. But with the new format, even 1-2 may meet in SF. BWF is clever. Last miraculous chance for PG!

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Is there a new format that 1-2 can be in same half, possibly could meet in SF? Then final could be less attractive than SF. And I am sure fans would want to see LD-LCW match more than anything else.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, if LD VS CL in Final.................it will be boring match or W/O.....

17. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

Strategy. Just part of the game. Every professionals do that in different ways, they are trained to do that anyways.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s cover for extra thinking time. Can you imagine if every player were to perform the " see my palm first before you serve" ritual? Another source of badminton joke. Maybe we should have a thread on CHN s desperate tactics. I can think of one. WSX s serve. She holds the record for longest serve time. When GC commented about Boe s delay tactics, MF just laughed it off and asked her to check how long WSX took to serve. When WSX played against FMT in SO11, what stood out was how long she took to serve. It s ridiculous. There s gotta to be a time limit, like what they set for tennis after Nadal s pre-serve ritual was timed at more than 30s! Not kidding. There s gotta to be some rules for umpires to manage filthy tactics termed as 'strategy'.