Unimprovong rather than improving =(

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by malaysianfreak, Sep 28, 2011.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    hi everyone , it's sad for me to to face the truth but instead of improving in badminton i feel like i am either stagnant or even deteorating in my performance lately much like Taufik :) among my biggest concerns are my serve i feel so scare now to serve backhand low and i dont know why...i used to be relax and serve with ease but now my body seems to be much stiffer during serve and i tend to move quite a lot during serve ..with this fear i always serve either short or hit the net , my partner always get pissed off by this , my forehand low fare no much better , i cant get the techniques down for the forehand low, it's so hard to execute my action dont feel fluid at all ! and always goes to high on the net = kill i used to serve much much better but now i smuck!!

oh and backhand , backhand haunts me , i always miss backhand overheads don't care clear or drop or kill all are mostly fails ( like misses ) people said using bevel grip is best but it feels weird ...so in the sense like how should a backhand feel and how to execute it??

so any help? i guess my problem is mostly emphasized on my serve ..its a big smack to my confidence being unable to serve properly ... i do serve train at home but it seems a little erm ...useless?
    thanks in adv :)

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    u go macdonald and eat la... lol... be like lcw... ;)

I tot you have a coach? Can you smack him?

If you don't train at least 1-2 hours a day, don't expect to improve. ;)

3. indrato

indrato Regular Member

i have the same problem sometime ago. If your opponent is much better it definitely will affect you. But is your opponent is only marginal better than you, you should not be afraid. If your serve is not too high than your partner should be able to take whatever your opponent return. If your opponent is standing close to the service line than just do a high serve. If your opponent can kill smash your high serve than it probably not high and far enough to the back.

4. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    not practicing at home is even more useless.