User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sim2peter View Post
    Absolutely right.
    When we say "world class" badminton hall, the basic facility like water cooler must be there.
    Not all people can (or want to) take soft drink. It is not a matter of money!
    Lucky other not world class badminton hall do come with water cooler.
    We really hope that the authority can look into it. If they really want to promote the game, can not alway think of recover the cost.
    I've been there to take a look some weeks ago.

The location at Lorong 23 is not entirely visible and it took me some time to find the place not known for sports and recreation - the building looks more like a former warehouse that has been renovated. But this is the first time I had the opportunity to get to know the area.

I suppose because there is a limited budget and time is of the essence that the owners had to make do with what they had.

As such I wouldn't call it a "world class" badminton hall as claimed. It does not look as
    'solid' from the outside compared to the old SBH at Guillemard Rd. It is an additional facility for badminton fans and certainly improvements can be made as some have suggested here.
    Last edited by Loh; 11-22-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since they are not funded by Government, they surely have to earn as much as they can.

If the total facility is 1.5 millions with the current Singapore Bank Promotional Business Term Loan 8.88% - 10% per annum for 30 years, they have to come up with $8000 per month.

staffs (cleaner + accountant + admin, etc) - $10K
    utilities bill - $2K
    maintenance - $1K
    others - $4K

Minimum is around $25K monthly / 30 = 830+ per day.

We really cannot compare it with Sports Hall. SP are funded by Government using our tax money.

For private, every single $ counts. So, dont be surprise that they wont add water cooler, but selling mineral water instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully with the coming pilot pen tournament, the kids will have water given. Some are just too poor to buy or just didn't bother to buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Since they are not funded by Government, they surely have to earn as much as they can.

If the total facility is 1.5 millions with the current Singapore Bank Promotional Business Term Loan 8.88% - 10% per annum for 30 years, they have to come up with $8000 per month.

staffs (cleaner + accountant + admin, etc) - $10K
    utilities bill - $2K
    maintenance - $1K
    others - $4K

Minimum is around $25K monthly / 30 = 830+ per day.

We really cannot compare it with Sports Hall. SP are funded by Government using our tax money.

For private, every single $ counts. So, dont be surprise that they wont add water cooler, but selling mineral water instead.
    Brother, you are expert on business planning. Think you will be a good partner on business. Haha...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tank2008 View Post
    Brother, you are expert on business planning. Think you will be a good partner on business. Haha...
    Maybe he is already a partner since he knows the budget details.

But if the term loan is charged at 8-10%, I'm not sure whether the whole project is viable over 30 years!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Hopefully with the coming pilot pen tournament, the kids will have water given. Some are just too poor to buy or just didn't bother to buy.
    The coaches should ask them to bring their own water bottles, with water in it of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I've been there to take a look some weeks ago.

The location at Lorong 23 is not entirely visible and it took me some time to find the place not known for sports and recreation - the building looks more like a former warehouse that has been renovated. But this is the first time I had the opportunity to get to know the area.

I suppose because there is a limited budget and time is of the essence that the owners had to make do with what they had.

As such I wouldn't call it a "world class" badminton hall as claimed. It does not look as
    'solid' from the outside compared to the old SBH at Guillemard Rd. It is an additional facility for badminton fans and certainly improvements can be made as some have suggested here.
    This was what I saw:
    Attached Images Attached Images                

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isnt it pathetic that the sports authorities (whoever that might be) cannot provide a decent training facility for the National squad and SBA have to turn to a private organisation for assistance?

I still cannot believe the authorities would rather lease the old SBH to a prawn fishing company for profit rather than charging SBA a nominal fee for the national players to train there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he is already a partner since he knows the budget details.
    I wish I am ... So, my team doesnt have to wake up early to book courts haha

I still cannot believe the authorities would rather lease the old SBH to a prawn fishing company for profit rather than charging SBA a nominal fee for the national players to train there.
    Back in 2005, I also couldn't believe when my ex-company informed us that they were going to convert all staff recreation centers for leasing, because it's not profitable.

Oh yeah the 25K will be before the additional $$$ for the land lease ... Seriously, I don't know how they are going to fork out the monthly payment based on hourly rental.

May be it's owned by millionaires who are passionate with Badminton haha.
    Last edited by jurong_twister; 11-23-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Isnt it pathetic that the sports authorities (whoever that might be) cannot provide a decent training facility for the National squad and SBA have to turn to a private organisation for assistance?

I understand an indoor hall/stadium will be built in the Kallang Sports Hub facility and I hope this will be the headquarters for the SBA with training facilities for our national badminton teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand an indoor hall/stadium will be built in the Kallang Sports Hub facility and I hope this will be the headquarters for the SBA with training facilities for our national badminton teams.
    Most likely, it will be rented out for events/expo/etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The warehouse looks like the 60's aircraft hanger in Seletar Airbase...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jurong_twister View Post
    Oh yeah the 25K will be before the additional $$$ for the land lease ... Seriously, I don't know how they are going to fork out the monthly payment based on hourly rental.

May be it's owned by millionaires who are passionate with Badminton haha.
    Obviously the courts booking fee won't be able to cover the overall cost. But I heard that the boss is very rich and a real badminton lover (probably crazy to badminton similar like you and me). Haha...
    Last edited by tank2008; 11-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent tried playing here, maybe soon when My schedule is fixed.
    Some badminton courts in Philippines looks almost the same, old warehouse converted into badminton court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad case for national players. Anyway, yes, some guys are really rich. This is just a small change for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Sad case for national players. Anyway, yes, some guys are really rich. This is just a small change for them.
    Why sad case leh?
    This is our so call "world class" badminton hall that do not have water cooler.
    Should proud of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    This was what I saw:
    Hi Loh, thanks so much for your detailed introduction, as you have always done so. One of the true badminton lovers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast