User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, MNC sports showing delayed telecast of this youth tournament. Too bad, I missed it. I think throughout this year, MNC sports has yet to show live or delayed any youth tournament playing in Indonesia.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    I dont think they are state players as quite a number of the Malaysian players were in their yonex 'maybank/astro' apparels?
    well
    the only national player here should be soong and some double pair
    but as far as i know,some state is sponsored by astro and maybank since bam is in some project to underneath some talent from state

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alcalas bag Singapore Youth Int’l crowns

Published : Tuesday, December 20, 2011
    Written by : People's Journal

Malvinne Ann Alcala re-stamped her class against a tough foreign field while brother Markie enhanced a promising badminton career as they ruled their respective divisions in the Li Ning Singapore Youth International Series 2011 at the Singapore Badminton Hall in Singapore last Sunday.

Malvinne survived a grueling first set duel then hung tough to frustrate Indonesian Florensia Setyana Daniella, 22-20, 21-17, and retain the girls’ Under-17 singles crown in the annual event, which featured the region’s leading and upcoming junior players.

The victory capped Alcala’s dominating performance in the week-long tournament and another banner season that saw her win two Open singles titles in the PBaRS (Philippine Badminton Ranking System) circuit.

The 16-year-old spearhead of Victor Phl team also scored a grand slam in the Ming Ramos Cup Victor Philippine Open where she won the singles, doubles (with Fatima Cruz) and mixed doubles (with Ronel Estanislao) titles at Club 650 and at PSC Badminton Hall two weeks ago.

Markie, on the other hand, overwhelmed Malaysian Sim Fong Hau in the opening set then held on to complete a 21-11, 21-17 romp for the gold in the boys’ U-13 category.

On his way to the finals, the young Alcala, the Allied/Victor mainstay who swept the four-leg series (U-15 division) in this year’s PBaRS circuit, toppled his rivals in straight-set fashions, firming up his claim as one of the future stars of the sport.

The Alcalas’ victories also showed the country’s progress in badminton in the regional level with the PBA (Philippine Badminton Association) lining up a series of local and international tournaments in 2012 to sustain the growth of the sport and keep the players busy all year.

Players from MSI Bulacan, Whackers Badminton Academy, Jaime Llanes Trainining Camp, Escoses Training Camp, Allied-Victor PCome, CDO Badminton Team, Team Prima and the Victor Phl Team also took part in the event which drew players from Chinese Taipei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Singapore, Japan, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Australia, Kazakhstan and Vietnam.

The Phl contingent, whose campaign was sanctioned by the PBA, headed by Vice President Jojo Binay, was headed by Gen Federico Laciste Jr. and assisted by team manager Conrado Co along with head coach Allan de Leon, assistant coaches Malvin Alcala and Arolas Amahit Jr. and team officials and coaches of the participating member clubs.
    Last edited by Loh; 12-19-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile FYI:sir philippines got two gold medals.

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    INA players are placed in 7 more Finals today, besides the 2 all-INA Finals.

Let's see whether INA can be the overall winner, with the competition from THA or MAS (both already have 1 title and 5 more Finals each). Other countries: TPE (2 titles, particularly dominant with all-TPE Finals in BD U17 & BDU19 and 1 more Final in BS U19), SIN (2 Finals), PHI and IND (1 Final each).
    FYI sir PHI got 2 finals and both got gold medals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to BC Malvin. You must be related to the two winners from the Philippines. It's nice to see the Philippines making an impact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jetan7485 View Post
    but I'm sure there's no Djarum players, they participate in Pertamina Open also next week. There will be 3 tournaments in Indonesia this month, including Kejurnas last week, Astec Open this week and Pertamina Open.
    there so many indonesian players joined in 2011 Li-ning youth int'l and they came in the different stronger club like some from tangkas,jayaraya,chandra wijaya,ragunan,etc.and also the thailand team they sent their top junior players except ratchanok intanon,the hong kong team,malysia,philippines,japan and chinesse teipei.all the players they sent there are the who's competed recently in WJC.that tournament is really tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Welcome to BC Malvin. You must be related to the two winners from the Philippines. It's nice to see the Philippines making an impact!
    that's the father and coah of the 2 alcala's.i know him, actually he is also a former national player.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindan_din View Post
    there so many indonesian players joined in 2011 Li-ning youth int'l and they came in the different stronger club like some from tangkas,jayaraya,chandra wijaya,ragunan,etc.and also the thailand team they sent their top junior players except ratchanok intanon,the hong kong team,malysia,philippines,japan and chinesse teipei.all the players they sent there are the who's competed recently in WJC.that tournament is really tough.
    I agree if Singapore, Taipei and Thailand send very good team. but they didnt send good WS, not only Ratchanok, but also many others left home.
    but dont think so for INA and and MAS
    only Hanna Ramadhini played in WJC for INA, and I think only 2 names for MAS (Soong Joo Ven and 1 more) played in WJC.
    as badMania said earlier, INA team are not the best. only Tangkas, Ragunan, Sarwendah and Chandra Wijaya (and maybe some others smaller team) send good names. But Ragunan, Sarwendah, Chandra Wijaya are not strong team in U17 category and above in INA. Djarum dominated in many sectors for U17 and above and they didnt send any single player. the better one was playing in Pertamina and Astec open instead.

Just look at how Hanna Ramadhini perform, it looked very easy tourney for her (still 16 yo, same age with Alcala) in U-19 category. Even when there was Tan Wei Han in her route to final. It will be different story if Thailand send good team for WS, as Thai is very strong in WS. I am curious how Alcala play against Hanna. Too bad, Hanna played in U-19, not U-17. So, no chance to meet Alcala.

i hope, they can meet each other in AJC/WJC this year.
    it will be a good game, i think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    I agree if Singapore, Taipei and Thailand send very good team. but they didnt send good WS, not only Ratchanok, but also many others left home.<br>
    but dont think so for INA and and MAS<br>
    only Hanna Ramadhini played in WJC for INA, and I think only 2 names for MAS (Soong Joo Ven and 1 more) played in WJC. <br>
    as badMania said earlier, INA team are not the best. only Tangkas, Ragunan, Sarwendah and Chandra Wijaya (and maybe some others smaller team) send good names. But Ragunan, Sarwendah, Chandra Wijaya are not strong team in U17 category and above in INA. Djarum dominated in many sectors for U17 and above and they didnt send any single player. the better one was playing in Pertamina and Astec open instead.<br>
    <br>
    Just look at how Hanna Ramadhini perform, it looked very easy tourney for her (still 16 yo, same age with Alcala) in U-19 category. Even when there was Tan Wei Han in her route to final. It will be different story if Thailand send good team for WS, as Thai is very strong in WS. I am curious how Alcala play against Hanna. Too bad, Hanna played in U-19, not U-17. So, no chance to meet Alcala. <br>
    <br>
    i hope, they can meet each other in AJC/WJC this year.<br>
    i dont think so,how about the jayaraya players like lya and russely ,you mean this 2 girls are not the stronger players of jayaraya,as ive seen in their record in their past tournaments in indonesia they are one of the strongest player in U17.and i think why alcala not play in U19 GS becoz she has a title to deffend in U17 GS becoz she is the champion in 2010 Li-ning youth international U17 GS. and maybe even if alcala join in U19 GS she will be a champion becoz of her experience compare to the other players.if you take a look at her record on her past tournaments,she beat many indonesians players like ANA ROVITA (djarum)and semi finalist of DJARUM SUPER SERIES,MAZZIYAH NADHIR (national team) and PANGERSA PUTRI MUTHIA TESTU and etc.but maybe it will be a good game between alcala and ramadhini if they meet this year in 2012 Singapore Li-ning junior int'l series in U19 GS,defntly i will watch that game.and about thai players i think SARITA is one of their best in U17 GS except RI and BUSANAN ONGBUMRUNGPAN.becoz i saw all the junior players of thailand in all junior tournaments like ANA ASIA YOUTH INT'L U15 and U17,AJC and WJC.they are the same players in 2011 lI-NING YOUTH INT'L except the 2 girls i mentioned.it means the thai team entered their line up in that tourny full force.and expect maybe this year this tournament will become tougher becoz korea and china or maybe some of the european countries might join there.look!japan joined already on that tournament.
    Last edited by lindan_din; 02-02-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think so,how about the jayaraya players like lya and russely ,you mean this 2 girls are not the stronger players of jayaraya,as ive seen in their record in their past tournaments in indonesia they are one of the strongest player in U17.and i think why alcala not play in U19 GS becoz she has a title to deffend in U17 GS becoz she is the champion in 2010 Li-ning youth international U17 GS. and maybe even if alcala join in U19 GS she will be a champion becoz of her experience compare to the other players.if you take a look at her record on her past tournaments,she beat many indonesians players like ANA ROVITA (djarum)and semi finalist of DJARUM SUPER SERIES,MAZZIYAH NADHIR (national team) and PANGERSA PUTRI MUTHIA TESTU and etc.but maybe it will be a good game between alcala and ramadhini if they meet this year in 2012 Singapore Li-ning junior int'l series in U19 GS,defntly i will watch that game.and about thai players i think SARITA is one of their best in U17 GS except RI and BUSANAN ONGBUMRUNGPAN.becoz i saw all the junior players of thailand in all junior tournaments like ANA ASIA YOUTH INT'L U15 and U17,AJC and WJC.they are the same players in 2011 lI-NING YOUTH INT'L except the 2 girls i mentioned.it means the thai team entered their line up in that tourny full force.and expect maybe this year this tournament will become tougher becoz korea and china or maybe some of the european countries might join there.look!japan joined already on that tournament.
    hmm....
    i didnt say that alcala is bad.... she is good, definitely....
    i just said that although this competition was tough, but it's not that tough as an international tourneys (in 2011 edition). i said this bcoz you said that this comp was REALLY tough.ruselly and lya are 14 yo last year. they should play in that category. even, fitriani (beaten 19-21 and 15-21 by alcala) is just 13 yo.

and this comp is not just about GS U-17 right ? there are many categories in this tourney. as i said before, hanna win quite easy in her category (i mean, maybe u-17 was tough, but it's not tough for U-19 GS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree if Singapore, Taipei and Thailand send very good team. but they didnt send good WS, not only Ratchanok, but also many others left home.
    but dont think so for INA and and MAS
    only Hanna Ramadhini played in WJC for INA, and I think only 2 names for MAS (Soong Joo Ven and 1 more) played in WJC.
    as badMania said earlier, INA team are not the best. only Tangkas, Ragunan, Sarwendah and Chandra Wijaya (and maybe some others smaller team) send good names. But Ragunan, Sarwendah, Chandra Wijaya are not strong team in U17 category and above in INA. Djarum dominated in many sectors for U17 and above and they didnt send any single player. the better one was playing in Pertamina and Astec open instead.

Just look at how Hanna Ramadhini perform, it looked very easy tourney for her (still 16 yo, same age with Alcala) in U-19 category. Even when there was Tan Wei Han in her route to final. It will be different story if Thailand send good team for WS, as Thai is very strong in WS. I am curious how Alcala play against Hanna. Too bad, Hanna played in U-19, not U-17. So, no chance to meet Alcala.

i hope, they can meet each other in AJC/WJC this year.
    i agree to lindan_din maybe the top players of thailand ( ratchanok intanon), taipei (tai tzu ying),india (p.v. sindhu) and japan (nozoemi okuhara) they are already ranked below 50 so maybe their coaches think that they dont need this kind of tournament for them,but instead of that they sent also their top junior players,like what lindan_din said he saw all the junior players of thailand in many junior tournaments it means he saw also the junior players of hong kong,korea,japan,taipei,india,malaysia,indonesia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm....
    i just said that although this competition was tough, but it's not that tough as an international tourneys (in 2011 edition). i said this bcoz you said that this comp was REALLY tough.ruselly and lya are 14 yo last year. they should play in that category. even, fitriani (beaten 19-21 and 15-21 by alcala) is just 13 yo.

and this comp is not just about GS U-17 right ? there are many categories in this tourney. as i said before, hanna win quite easy in her category (i mean, maybe u-17 was tough, but it's not tough for U-19 GS)
    off course shes good defntly.i agree on that,but remember all international tournaments even if its a junior or open tournaments still they competing to each other for their country to bring pride and honor.so all countries must send their top players even its ranked no.2,3,4,5,6 etc...still they are the top players in their country.i will ask you a question,for example you are the president of your association,you will allow to send players in international tournaments that there's no ranking in your country?what do you think?cannot right,so even if its a junior or open tournys still it is international and all the players played there are the selected players of their coutry.and it is a tough tournaments always.regarding to lya and ruselly they should play on their age group,and to fitriani yeah your right shes good,she is good also for her age group why they entered her in U17,she should play in U15 and she has a big chance to get a title there.even me i salute for her,she is very good but she need to get a title first before enter her in a higher category.and about this competition your right there many categories in this competition,like U13 BS where the other alcala won the title after beating indonesia,,singapore,thailand,and malaysia in a straight set,that boy is the brother of venice alcala.and it was a big surprise when the thailand boy lost to taipei.maybe let us wait this year venice alcala and hanna ramadhini will meet, its either in AJC,WJC or maybe there's a big chance that they will surely meet here in 20012 singapore Li-ning junior int'l series becoz venice alcala will now enter in U19 GS.hope they will meet in the finals.and for us maybe we just keep continue to give support to our favorite young players.and keep monitoring them in all international tournaments.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off course shes good defntly.i agree on that,but remember all international tournaments even if its a junior or open tournaments still they competing to each other for their country to bring pride and honor.so all countries must send their top players even its ranked no.2,3,4,5,6 etc...still they are the top players in their country.i will ask you a question,for example you are the president of your association,you will allow to send players in international tournaments that there's no ranking in your country?what do you think?cannot right,so even if its a junior or open tournys still it is international and all the players played there are the selected players of their coutry.and it is a tough tournaments always.regarding to lya and ruselly they should play on their age group,and to fitriani yeah your right shes good,she is good also for her age group why they entered her in U17,she should play in U15 and she has a big chance to get a title there.even me i salute for her,she is very good but she need to get a title first before enter her in a higher category.and about this competition your right there many categories in this competition,like U13 BS where the other alcala won the title after beating indonesia,,singapore,thailand,and malaysia in a straight set,that boy is the brother of venice alcala.and it was a big surprise when the thailand boy lost to taipei.maybe let us wait this year venice alcala and hanna ramadhini will meet, its either in AJC,WJC or maybe there's a big chance that they will surely meet here in 20012 singapore Li-ning junior int'l series becoz venice alcala will now enter in U19 GS.hope they will meet in the finals.and for us maybe we just keep continue to give support to our favorite young players.and keep monitoring them in all international tournaments.
    hmm... actually, there are some players who didnt have any ranking playing here...
    for example, hardianto, he is a double player, do not have a rank in single, i didnt know why he played in MS U-19.
    some have rank, but outside top 20. but yes, ruselly, lya, fitriani, febtria, hanna, setyana is in the top 5. for MS, only fikri and ari stay in top 10,

the winner of ms u-17, rico is not in top 10. i maybe miss some players. not sure...
    anyway, its not very important. you are right, we have to monitor the progress of the juniors. because, sometimes, many juniors can not capitalize their talent to make an achievement in senior.

fitriani dominated U-15 last year in many national circuit. so, this year, i think marleve mainaky (her current coach) wants her to play in U-17. singapore youth open is a preparation for fitriani playing in U-17 this year. i really hope, she can play in U-19 next year (2013), but it depends on her result in U-17 this year. gregoria mariska is another very good talent.

I definitely agree. thammasin is quite good. he is another thai's who has a natural talent to make it big someday. quite shock when knowing taipei boy beat thammasin. the taipei boy should be very good also. i rate thammasin more than prinyawat and pisit.

anyway, do you know who is alcala's boyfriend now ??
    is she still having a relationship with rafiddias akhdan, a djarum boy ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    thank you sir for welcoming me here in BC.yeah im her father and coach of venice alcala and the one who won in the U13 BS mark shelley alcala he is my son.thank you sir and were hoping that our country (philippines) will continue making an impact in international scene (juniors and open tournaments).and i would like to thank you also to you sir loh personally for the appreciation that you give to our winners on this tournament. thank you very much again......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... actually, there are some players who didnt have any ranking playing here...
    for example, hardianto, he is a double player, do not have a rank in single, i didnt know why he played in MS U-19.
    some have rank, but outside top 20. but yes, ruselly, lya, fitriani, febtria, hanna, setyana is in the top 5. for MS, only fikri and ari stay in top 10,

the winner of ms u-17, rico is not in top 10. i maybe miss some players. not sure...
    anyway, its not very important. you are right, we have to monitor the progress of the juniors. because, sometimes, many juniors can not capitalize their talent to make an achievement in senior.

fitriani dominated U-15 last year in many national circuit. so, this year, i think marleve mainaky (her current coach) wants her to play in U-17. singapore youth open is a preparation for fitriani playing in U-17 this year. i really hope, she can play in U-19 next year (2013), but it depends on her result in U-17 this year. gregoria mariska is another very good talent.

I definitely agree. thammasin is quite good. he is another thai's who has a natural talent to make it big someday. quite shock when knowing taipei boy beat thammasin. the taipei boy should be very good also. i rate thammasin more than prinyawat and pisit.

anyway, do you know who is alcala's boyfriend now ??
    is she still having a relationship with rafiddias akhdan, a djarum boy ?
    yes your right!i agree on that.but remember fitriani dominated the U15 in their country not in international tournaments,you know it is a good idea for her coach to enter her in a higher level.but ( this is my own opinion) she dont have yet a title in international tournys,she must get first a title to her age level to have a confidence and to boost her fighting spirit to play in a higher level.then thats the time to bring her in a higher category.(thats my opinion only).regarding to alcala's BF,i dont think that her father allow her to have a BF as of now,but i heard she dont have any BF as of now....maybe ask her father?theres a comment there from her father to mr.LOH...hehehehehe (joke only)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4