Yonex NaroRay 700RP vs NanoSpeed 9900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alanwong76, Sep 30, 2011.

1. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    saw some thread which stated NR 700RP is better than NS9900... then was thinking to buy NR700RP for a try.... but then..Just now when i bought a yonex shoe from racket zone. the guy told me, he got one customer bought NR700RP for a try... 1 hour later, the buyer call racket zone said that the NR700RP totally brake off at the head knocking with his partner racket....just wondering.. is NR 700 RP / FL really that fragile ?

got any review about NR700 and NS9900 ?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) there is a thread on NS9900 already. A lot of posts in it. Please read before you ask.
    2) depend on how the impact and here. my nr700rp had a clash with a beginner's steel racquet and it only had a paint chip. it is tough on face on impact. if it is hit on the side, no, any racquet will die.

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    widebody vs slim frame?
    what else can we said based on this 2 rackets for comparison?
    sure the slimmer frame have better response for speed
    u need this for double and net play...

stick with ns9900 !

4. sportcore

sportcore Regular Member

any recommendation for string use in nanospeed 9900? I tried BG66 24lbs seem like the shuttle wont fly that far compare to others racquet like VT80 with BG66

5. TiKok

TiKok Guest

Yurimaster2010 is totally right.
    You cannot compare a top of the range racquet (NS9900) with a mid range one (NR700RP). When Yonex will launch an NR900 we’ll see :cool:

You cannot compare shuttle response with the same string and even the same tension between a NS9900 and a VT80; they are not covering the same type of play.

A small gauge is a good idea for a NS9900; however if you don’t have the intrinsic power and technique badly needed for a NS9900, changing for another string or going for a lower tension won’t help much…
    Better go for a less demanding racquet, NS9900 isn’t for everybody.
    Quite a few players that loved NS9900 precision shots but complained about their weak smatches and defences with NS9900, I suggested them to go for AT900T for the mo’, it made the trick.

6. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    Get bg66s then u never look back again!

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    because i'm a weak player, i feel a lot more flexible using the nanoray700rp than my nanospeed9900. however, because i am weak, i do need some weight to make a smash shot look like a smash shot, so the nano9900 was a better racket. i feel like having control is based a lot on the string and tension, so i would rate both rackets equally. i also have used my nanoray700rp back to back with my nanoray700fx and i actually could tell the difference in the flex of the shafts of both rackets and i feel that having a slow swing speed i am more comfortable using the nanoray700fx. i've strung both nanoray700s with yonex bg66 ultimax @24lbs just to keep other variables constant. if i'm looking at a better all round racket of the two you've suggested, i would pick the nanospeed9900 because the tad bit heavier weight helps with my game, but that's just it, it's personal. also, i've never clashed rackets with anyone (yet...knock on wood) so i don't really know about the strength of the racket in that sense. hope this helps. :)

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i used to really love the feel of the bg80 and have been using it on my nanospeed9900 and my arcsaber z slash, then the bg66 ultimax came out and i just love the feel of the string. at 0.65mm it feels the same as the zymax62 at 0.62mm so i'm getting all that feel but not really have to deal with the durability issue, but of course if you mishit, it's over. bg66 ultimax sounds great to me as well.

9. TiKok

TiKok Guest

I don't know how you guys may play with thin gauge strings. Zymax62 lasted 20 minutes, no off-centers, just a more pushed smatch on a Li-Ning 230 Ti at 25 Lbs at the beginning of a mixte double match :(
    I love NBG98, really, it lasts on my AT700, Li-Ning TP100C, Li-Ning UC3200 a few hours.

Last saturday, on an important single competition match during warming session, I break 3 strings on my AT700; I have only one AT700....; I f...ked up my match with my AT900P after :crying:

I went back to BG65Ti with resignation.

10. sportcore

sportcore Regular Member

any shop in Penang still carry BG66 Sharp?

Thanks.

11. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    i ve bought all of them...haha
    enough stock for my next 2 years supply..

12. sportcore

sportcore Regular Member

Wow...So if i'm going to buy this from you or do you provide stringing service? You may PM me for details.
    Thanks.