User Tag List

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i can still able to recall what krisna quote about ina md in 2009
    but then mas won wjc 2009
    2009? Was it Ullin-Berry? Darrrrn, they were leading 20-17 in game 3 of the finals versus the MAS BD... yet, they fumbled and eventually lostttt.... I still think they were the more talented pair. And I think Ullin can be a top MD player in 4 years. [disclaimer: IF there are no injuries and personal problems] Hahaha...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    2009? Was it Ullin-Berry? Darrrrn, they were leading 20-17 in game 3 of the finals versus the MAS BD... yet, they fumbled and eventually lostttt.... I still think they were the more talented pair. And I think Ullin can be a top MD player in 4 years. [disclaimer: IF there are no injuries and personal problems] Hahaha...
    20-16 actually... I can remember that moment... heart beating so fast haha. But Chooi Kah Ming ain't that talented actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    And China allowed BWF to award tournament to Taiwan? I thought China can do anything it wants in Badminton
    Hahaha... in my opinion, it should be the other way around. BWF should be able to strong-arm China when needed... Because if China is expelled from BWF [due to some extremely bad behaviour], then they might forsake a chance of getting any gold at the Olympics... China also has something to lose if they behave badly in the eyes of BWF. BWF needs China, but China also needs legitimacy from BWF.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    20-16 actually... I can remember that moment... heart beating so fast haha. But Chooi Kah Ming ain't that talented actually.
    Ooooo 20-16, eh? Something like that......

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN is no show probably due to the National City Games currently taking place.

The National City Games is second only to the National Games in importance in the Chinese sports calendar. Local sports officials are measured by the results in these games. To them, they are even more important than the Olympics. In fact, the local sports officials want to have their athletes peak at these games rather than the Olympics. It became such a problem that the national sports bureau installed the rule to count Olympics medals as National Games medals to alleviate this problem.

The National City Games is a show case for the up-and-comers. That may be the reason that CHN can't send a team to this year's WJC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    as far as i know,tai will be participating in this event.
    yeah,many talent around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyka View Post
    really? i chatted with her and she said she will go to europe to collect more points for olympic. glad, she can participate in WJC
    Tai Tzu Ying is on the list for the French Open. Same is true for Ratchanok. Nozomi is not, though, and Sindhu's name was removed, so who knows? Tai could be back home for the individual, I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sindhu is included in the India's team for WJC 2011, according to: (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/9821003.cms)..
    Boys team: Sameer Verma, Pratul Joshi, Rohit C Jadhav, K Srikant , Shivam Sharma, P Gopi Raju and T Hema Nagendra Babu.
    Girls team: Saili Rane, Gauri Ghate, P V Sindhu, Tanvi Lad, K Maneesha, Aarthi Sara Sunil.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Tai Tzu Ying is on the list for the French Open. Same is true for Ratchanok. Nozomi is not, though, and Sindhu's name was removed, so who knows? Tai could be back home for the individual, I suppose.
    Been told that those 2 may play Individual......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chinas "Boycott" is childish, from such a great country!!!

I hope BWF puts next WCs and Olympics in Taipei also, so CHN politicians must take a stand if they want to look backward to the history or forward into the future and shiny gold medals... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post

I hope BWF puts next WCs and Olympics in Taipei also, so CHN politicians must take a stand if they want to look backward to the history or forward into the future and shiny gold medals... :-)
    Hehe, it is a strange "love-hate" relationship between the two countries.
    While they share the same culture and languages, but they are on the opposite
    side politically.

The majority of Taiwanese do not like communism system ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post

Yup, totally agree. We'll see what China can do if it is so

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RI juniors to make the best of China’s absence at worlds

Agnes Winarti, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 10/20/2011 8:02 AM

The absence of badminton powerhouse China at the upcoming World Junior Badminton Championships in Taoyuan City, Taiwan, provides an opportunity for the Indonesian junior shuttlers to bring home more gold medals.

“Their absence is an excellent opportunity. China has been dominant in almost all of the sectors. Now, a golden opportunity is wide open in four sectors: the men’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles,” the coach for the junior squad, Bambang Supriyanto, said on Wednesday.

“Hopefully, we can shine in those individual events,” said Bambang.

The Indonesian youngsters will depart for Taoyuan City on Oct. 25 to attend the world junior championships, which will take place from Oct. 28 to Nov. 6.

The first four days of the tournament will feature the team events, while the remaining days will host the individual events, offering a total of five gold medals.

It was not clear why China pulled out from among the 24 participating countries, though reports suggest it is due to the political situation between the Chinese and Taiwanese governments.

Last year in Mexico City, China was the defending champion and won the Suhandinata Cup by defeating South Korea (3-0) in the team final, while Malaysia snatched third place after beating Indonesia 3-2.

========================================
    Full article : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ce-worlds.html
    Last edited by CLELY; 10-20-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INA WJC Team

Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 1.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 3.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  55.4 KB
    Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 4.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  52.5 KB
    Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 5.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  60.7 KB
    Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 6.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  44.1 KB

Coach Sigit and Bambang
    Name:  thumb-galery orisntl 2.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  46.4 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton: Girls Expected to Help Lead the Way for Indonesia
    Ami Afriatni | October 19, 2011

While Indonesia’s women in the senior national team are struggling in international tournaments, their juniors are expected to spearhead Indonesia’s team at next week’s World Junior Championships in Taiwan.

The Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) sent 20 shuttlers to Taoyuan City for the event, which runs Oct. 28 to Nov. 6, and expects at least individual gold medals from boys singles and girls doubles.

With China absent from the tournament for unspecified reasons, Indonesia also has a good chance to lift the Suhandinata Cup in the team event, but head coach Bambang Supriyanto said the focus was on individuals.

“We have a better chance on winning gold in individual events, so we’ll put our efforts toward making sure of that,” Bambang said on Wednesday.

Girls doubles pair Suci Rizki Andini and Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah will be the country’s best bet as they won the Asian Youth Under-19 Championships in Lucknow, India, in July.

“This will be our last junior championship because next year we have to move to the senior level because of our age. We want to close our junior years with something great,” said Tiara, 18.

Bambang said he believed the pair could clinch the title, especially with Chinese shuttlers playing in the Asian Championships. “Right now they are the best girls doubles [pair] in the world. I have no doubt about that,” he said.

Sheshar Hiren Rustavito and Riyanto Subagja are Indonesia’s top hopes in boys singles.

In boys and mixed doubles, Bambang said shuttlers were expected to reach the semifinals. Mixed doubles pair Lukhi Apri Nugroho and Ririn Amelia have a good chance at gold as they also won an Asian youth title.

While the PBSI did not set a target for girls singles, Elizabeth Purwaningtyas has her own ambitions. “I want to reach at least the last eight. I was able to do that in India,” she said.

source : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sport...donesia/472727

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duet Suci-Tiara Become INA main hope at WJC
    read here : http://tempointeraktif.com/hg/raket/2011/10/19/brk,20111019-362224,id.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope Suci-Tiara can win the WJC title this year as this will be the last year for them to play in WJC, they have become runner up in WJC 2009 and win AJC 2011 title. Good luck Suci-Tiara!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ytyang View Post
    Hehe, it is a strange "love-hate" relationship between the two countries.
    While they share the same culture and languages, but they are on the opposite
    side politically.

The majority of Taiwanese do not like communism system ...
    Lol, as a Taiwanese-American, I would argue that while similar, Taiwan's culture is not completely the same as China's. An appropriate analogy to describe the nuances of Taiwan and China would be akin to the relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom (behavior, accent, etc). Also, I'm pretty sure no Taiwanese people like communism, and probably many Chinese don't like it either. With that being said, I think its hilarious that as such a small country, Taiwan can anger/influence such a large "powerhouse" so easily through the simple action of displaying our national flag. China's sports associations and government are both immature and pathetic (with all the match-fixing, age cover-ups, you name it...corruption to the max.). Frankly, I'm totally fine if they decide not to show up at this year's WJC (assuming its for political reasons). Their loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alohio12 View Post
    Lol, as a Taiwanese-American, I would argue that while similar, Taiwan's culture is not completely the same as China's. An appropriate analogy to describe the nuances of Taiwan and China would be akin to the relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom (behavior, accent, etc). Also, I'm pretty sure no Taiwanese people like communism, and probably many Chinese don't like it either. With that being said, I think its hilarious that as such a small country, Taiwan can anger/influence such a large "powerhouse" so easily through the simple action of displaying our national flag. China's sports associations and government are both immature and pathetic (with all the match-fixing, age cover-ups, you name it...corruption to the max.). Frankly, I'm totally fine if they decide not to show up at this year's WJC (assuming its for political reasons). Their loss.
    I am with you. I am a Taiwanese-American too ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Schedule of Play

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast