User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Seems pointless with these four.. I guess YY is the sponsor? Otherwise i don't see the point of including the punchingbags Gade and Taufik for an LCW vs. LD fight... why not LD, CL, WCL and Chen Jin.. All currently way better than Gade and Taufik. 200.000 for showing up and loosing, seems like good money for Taufik and Gade :-D
    Its not about who's on top in the current crop of active players. Its about the active players who have already attained legendary status.

Of course, to many people, even than is subjective...

But most BCers agree that the 4 Heavenly Kings are LD, LCW, PG and TH.

Taufik and LCW were also very active in raising awareness and funds after the Japan natural disaster; as a matter of fact, an entire Indonesian contingent had visited the country only recently and played exhibition matches at many of the affected places. These guys take their position, "power" and responsibilities are role models pretty seriously. PG and others from Europe likewise are also pretty involved with Solibad, among other things.

A true "King" is more than just a winner. He leads by example in many walks of life. IMO.

Lastly, its not a TC event. It's an EXHIBITION so lighten up!!

Incidentally, PG and TH are not punching bags. They have the guts and the pride to keep playing because they are (sadly) their country's best at the moment. No need to abuse these legends like this...

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Top 10? I thought the idea was to have a tournament for the top 4... And beleive me, I've seen an unmotivated Taufik play exhibitions (for example in Copenhagen masters) that was so uninspired, that i'd rather watch paint dry :-) .. What makes you think he would even try? He knows he would be beaten by both LCW and LD, so I am pretty sure he wouldn make much effort, just show up loose the game and go home with his 250.000 yuan.
    Did you view the exhibition match between TH and LCW in Malaysia, which was LCW's brainchild for fundraising for Japan Tsunami charity? You really wouldn't be so gung-ho about dissing Taufik if you did, I suspect.

And anyway, how's your glasshouse working for you, lately?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just remembered about Badminton Four Heavenly Kings in 80's era [Yang Yang-Morten Forst Hansen-Icuk Sugiarto-Zhao Jianhua]
    Interesting idea, the special event of 4 prominent MS players coming from 4 different countries in current era

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This 4 invited to play because of their fame, not their current skill
    ask the audience, wanna see TH-LCW or CJ-LCW, i believe most of them want to see TH-LCW than CJ-LCW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting........

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that it is great with good sponsorship.. But my hope is that sponsors go more for real games than for exhibition matches with their money.. But in general the more money, in beadmint the better.. But it seems better to sponsor the future, than to pour money on the past :-)

Huangkwokhau, who is the sponsor of this exhibition event??
    I do not know the sponsors yet but just being told that LYB organizes it...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    What about MD? t is also exciting and CY/FHF & JJS/LYD should be in. Not sure on the other 2.
    Well, if it for md, it shouldn't only 4 but 5

The other 3 : Kido//setiawan, Boe/Mogensen and KKK/TBH...

All different countries....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My question ......

My question is; Why China is interested in holding this event (for the best 4 players in the world) when China is not interested in participating in the BWF's SS Masters Finals (for the best 8 players/pairs of the year)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    My question is; Why China is interested in holding this event (for the best 4 players in the world) when China is not interested in participating in the BWF's SS Masters Finals (for the best 8 players/pairs of the year)?
    Arent they? I supposed this years final was even going to be held in China How do you mean?
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-02-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    This 4 invited to play because of their fame, not their current skill
    ask the audience, wanna see TH-LCW or CJ-LCW, i believe most of them want to see TH-LCW than CJ-LCW
    Yes, probably me too (especially if ther was such a thing as a Taufik in form). Your example is also a little of, as I think CJ cre playing style is a bit boring many times. But honestly CL vs LCW would probably be a more exciting game to watch imop. I doubt I would pay money to go see an exhibition game today between LCW and TH, would you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is good to see Badminton players get pay with big bucks..hope it will attract more people to play and hopefully to play professionally...we need to support this so Badminton, one day, can become a tennis....I hope BWF will raise the prize money for GP/GP Gold from 50K to 100K US$ and 120 K to Minimum 200 K US$

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arent they? I supposed this years final was even going to be held in China How do you mean?
    Maybe this is LYB's way of getting back at BWF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Its not about who's on top in the current crop of active players. Its about the active players who have already attained legendary status.

Of course, to many people, even than is subjective...

But most BCers agree that the 4 Heavenly Kings are LD, LCW, PG and TH.

Taufik and LCW were also very active in raising awareness and funds after the Japan natural disaster; as a matter of fact, an entire Indonesian contingent had visited the country only recently and played exhibition matches at many of the affected places. These guys take their position, "power" and responsibilities are role models pretty seriously. PG and others from Europe likewise are also pretty involved with Solibad, among other things.

A true "King" is more than just a winner. He leads by example in many walks of life. IMO.

Lastly, its not a TC event. It's an EXHIBITION so lighten up!!

Incidentally, PG and TH are not punching bags. They have the guts and the pride to keep playing because they are (sadly) their country's best at the moment. No need to abuse these legends like this...
    If we talk about legendary "kings" i think LD and Taufik fits the bill.. I love Gade... but king.. hmm.. I think you have to have more major titles to deserve to be called "king".. No WC, no olympics. does not really make a king imop.. Same goes with LCW.. He is currently the second best player in the world and is a fantastic player!! Much more fantastic than Gade ever have been im afraid.. But still.. Heavenly king.. hmm.. not yet... Taufik on the other hand qualifies as a legend, and of course LD. If we talk about kings i think Hendrawan, Han Jihan etc. are more heavenly kings :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Maybe this is LYB's way of getting back at BWF.
    Explain.. according to BWF info i have, this years SS final is to be held at LIU ZHOU, 12/14/2011 to 12/18/2011? Do you have any other info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    I think it is good to see Badminton players get pay with big bucks..hope it will attract more people to play and hopefully to play professionally...we need to support this so Badminton, one day, can become a tennis....I hope BWF will raise the prize money for GP/GP Gold from 50K to 100K US$ and 120 K to Minimum 200 K US$
    I think they should form separate tours like a mens-singles tour instead of the "traveling cirkus" with all teams :-).. Then they could have pretty much the same prize money (more would of course be better :-) but the payout for players would be 5-times as high!!

I love if we get more money into badminton overall.. But I would much more like to see it spent on the tour to make it financially viable for pros to earn a good living by just prizemoney even if not reaching the final stages all the time. Think tennis here, where anyone in top 100 make agood liveing just off the prizemoney!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    I think they should form separate tours like a mens-singles tour instead of the "traveling cirkus" with all teams :-).. Then they could have pretty much the same prize money (more would of course be better :-) but the payout for players would be 5-times as high!!

I love if we get more money into badminton overall.. But I would much more like to see it spent on the tour to make it financially viable for pros to earn a good living by just prizemoney even if not reaching the final stages all the time. Think tennis here, where anyone in top 100 make a good living just from the prizemoney!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain.. according to BWF info i have, this years SS final is to be held at LIU ZHOU, 12/14/2011 to 12/18/2011? Do you have any other info?
    I was referring to past SS finals where CHN or LYB used to snub this tournament.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast