User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The exhibition of 4 kings in china

LYB has personally called and secured these MS to do Exhibition with biggest prize money.
    Participants: Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan, Peter Gade. and Lee Chong Wei
    Prize money:
    1st place: 1 million yuan
    2nd place: 400000 or 500000 yuan
    3rd and 4th: 200000 or 250000 yuan
    I suspect 500000 and 250000 yuan to make it 2 million yuan
    Date: Friday ( November), one before Hong Kong Open)
    Place: Shenzen or Dong Guan area

Previously it will be held in 2 days ( Friday and Saturday) but TH needs to play for Sea Games and LYB and sponsors wanted to have 4 and no one else.
    basically, Gade and TH will be drawn to play LD or LCW and the winners will meet in FINAL.

2. Thanks kwun thanked for this post
    Likes DinkAlot, lcleing, kwun, V1lau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow! Is there some kinda special event?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems pointless with these four.. I guess YY is the sponsor? Otherwise i don't see the point of including the punchingbags Gade and Taufik for an LCW vs. LD fight... why not LD, CL, WCL and Chen Jin.. All currently way better than Gade and Taufik. 200.000 for showing up and loosing, seems like good money for Taufik and Gade :-D

5. Likes shaizam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know, maybe Lin Dan gives Gade or Taufik a walk-over and goes shopping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we all know that TH is going downhill, but he's still very famous in china. he has bunch of fans there. i think the point to invite TH is to get more attention in public

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Seems pointless with these four.. I guess YY is the sponsor? Otherwise i don't see the point of including the punchingbags Gade and Taufik for an LCW vs. LD fight... why not LD, CL, WCL and Chen Jin.. All currently way better than Gade and Taufik. 200.000 for showing up and loosing, seems like good money for Taufik and Gade :-D
    You better not to say it yet and it is not YY..LYB personally asked them...
    These4 have their character..CJ? are u kidding me??
    Either you like it or not..TH is still top 10 for China people...

9. Likes lcleing, sari_nov, Lovelyka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes....they are really true king existing...eventhough TH and PG downhill they are still the best....when TH and PG at their best LD and LCW maybe in the oldcrack position....shortly we will missing their rivality cos maybe PG and TH will retired after OC 2012 and LD and LCW not far from them...just enjoy the game

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    yes u re right... i heard some rumor that TH became a lot of chinese nat player idol....even young XXF admire TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyka View Post
    we all know that TH is going downhill, but he's still very famous in china. he has bunch of fans there. i think the point to invite TH is to get more attention in public
    Yeah.. But for 2.000.000 yuan I think they could actually provide something better than just hosting an exhibition game between the two best players, and the retirement-squad :-D .. For that money they could put together a bigger event with more single players competing and maybe do something creative like changing the scoring to "classic" points-inyour-own serve but to 21 to get some real physical battles on court... The would be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10? I thought the idea was to have a tournament for the top 4... And beleive me, I've seen an unmotivated Taufik play exhibitions (for example in Copenhagen masters) that was so uninspired, that i'd rather watch paint dry :-) .. What makes you think he would even try? He knows he would be beaten by both LCW and LD, so I am pretty sure he wouldn make much effort, just show up loose the game and go home with his 250.000 yuan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's 4 kings battle, none of other players is at the same level as them, eventhough one of the king, TH, is hardly seen at top of podium, but still people love him, especially chinese. if other men single players join this exhibition,then what's the difference between this and other tournaments?

15. Likes lcleing, huangkwokhau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10? I thought the idea was to have a tournament for the top 4... And beleive me, I've seen an unmotivated Taufik play exhibitions (for example in Copenhagen masters) that was so uninspired, that i'd rather watch paint dry :-) .. What makes you think he would even try? He knows he would be beaten by both LCW and LD, so I am pretty sure he wouldn make much effort, just show up loose the game and go home with his 250.000 yuan.
    In the survey..TH is number 6 ( I have been told and have no proof to show it)..regardless you like him or not..LYB and Chinese are willing and the deal is..if one of them say NO..the deal is off...thats why they offer big money...when TH did exhibition in Canada...I and others did not see unmotivated TH...he did show more tricks than Joachim Persson during the exhibition ...

I do not say top 4..I said the 4 kings..
    I know you are not a fan of TH but for chinese fans.,,,he is till more popular than LCW and Gade
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 10-01-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pejantan View Post
    yes u re right... i heard some rumor that TH became a lot of chinese nat player idol....even young XXF admire TH
    WSX,Wang zheng ming especially has many tapes of TH..he idolizes TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the survey..TH is number 6 ( I have been told and have no proof to show it)..regardless you like him or not..LYB and Chinese are willing and the deal is..if one of them say NO..the deal is off...thats why they offer big money...when TH did exhibition in Canada...I and others did not see unmotivated TH...he did show more tricks than Joachim Persson during the exhibition ...

I do not say top 4..I said the 4 kings..
    I know you are not a fan of TH but for chinese fans.,,,he is till more popular than LCW and Gade
    Are You nuts?? I love Taufik !!.. Its just that I think he is like two differnt players, when he is motivated and when he is not... It's impossible to love badminton and not love Taufik...

But lets be honest he isn't performing today..

I love Poul-Erik H°yer Larsen as well.. doesn't mean I would think a matchup between him and Lin Dan would be very exciting to watch and pay money for..
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-01-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are You nuts?? I love Taufik !!.. Its just that I think he is like two differnt players, when he is motivated and when he is not... It's impossible to love badminton and not love Taufik...
    Well...the money offered by China is big and how you assume thats he wont be motivated?
    TH played 2 times in chinese league....I did not see his unmotivated of him yet...anyway...LYB and his sponsors decided to have these 4..thats why by offering big money, they want to make sure that they cant say NO...Gade is happy to do that...Regardless they are worth or not of the money...it is not easy to get these 4 together in one exhibition...TH has OG,WC and Asian games beside LD who has more...

We should appreciate that at least many companies are willing to sponsor this exhibition and good for badminton...

TH will be asked to play Chinese league again after Olympic 2012...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...the money offered by China is big and how you assume thats he wont be motivated?
    TH played 2 times in chinese league....I did not see his unmotivated of him yet...anyway...LYB and his sponsors decided to have these 4..thats why by offering big money, they want to make sure that they cant say NO...Gade is happy to do that...Regardless they are worth or not of the money...it is not easy to get these 4 together in one exhibition...TH has OG,WC and Asian games beside LD who has more...

We should appreciate that at least many companies are willing to sponsor this exhibition and good for badminton...

TH will be asked to play Chinese league again after Olympic 2012...
    I agree that it is great with good sponsorship.. But my hope is that sponsors go more for real games than for exhibition matches with their money.. But in general the more money, in beadmint the better.. But it seems better to sponsor the future, than to pour money on the past :-)

Huangkwokhau, who is the sponsor of this exhibition event??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about MD? t is also exciting and CY/FHF & JJS/LYD should be in. Not sure on the other 2.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast