The exhibition of 4 kings in china

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by huangkwokhau, Oct 1, 2011.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    LYB has personally called and secured these MS to do Exhibition with biggest prize money.
    Participants: Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan, Peter Gade. and Lee Chong Wei
    Prize money:
    1st place: 1 million yuan
    2nd place: 400000 or 500000 yuan
    3rd and 4th: 200000 or 250000 yuan
    I suspect 500000 and 250000 yuan to make it 2 million yuan
    Date: Friday ( November), one before Hong Kong Open)
    Place: Shenzen or Dong Guan area

Previously it will be held in 2 days ( Friday and Saturday) but TH needs to play for Sea Games and LYB and sponsors wanted to have 4 and no one else.
    basically, Gade and TH will be drawn to play LD or LCW and the winners will meet in FINAL.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow! Is there some kinda special event?

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Seems pointless with these four.. I guess YY is the sponsor? Otherwise i don't see the point of including the punchingbags Gade and Taufik for an LCW vs. LD fight... why not LD, CL, WCL and Chen Jin.. All currently way better than Gade and Taufik. 200.000 for showing up and loosing, seems like good money for Taufik and Gade :-D

4. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    You never know, maybe Lin Dan gives Gade or Taufik a walk-over and goes shopping! :rolleyes:

5. Lovelyka

Lovelyka Regular Member

student
    we all know that TH is going downhill, but he's still very famous in china. he has bunch of fans there. i think the point to invite TH is to get more attention in public

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You better not to say it yet and it is not YY..LYB personally asked them...
    These4 have their character..CJ? are u kidding me??
    Either you like it or not..TH is still top 10 for China people...

7. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

Yes....they are really true king existing...eventhough TH and PG downhill they are still the best....when TH and PG at their best LD and LCW maybe in the oldcrack position....shortly we will missing their rivality cos maybe PG and TH will retired after OC 2012 and LD and LCW not far from them...just enjoy the game

8. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

yes u re right... i heard some rumor that TH became a lot of chinese nat player idol....even young XXF admire TH

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yeah.. But for 2.000.000 yuan I think they could actually provide something better than just hosting an exhibition game between the two best players, and the retirement-squad :-D .. For that money they could put together a bigger event with more single players competing and maybe do something creative like changing the scoring to "classic" points-inyour-own serve but to 21 to get some real physical battles on court... The would be fun.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Top 10? I thought the idea was to have a tournament for the top 4... And beleive me, I've seen an unmotivated Taufik play exhibitions (for example in Copenhagen masters) that was so uninspired, that i'd rather watch paint dry :) .. What makes you think he would even try? He knows he would be beaten by both LCW and LD, so I am pretty sure he wouldn make much effort, just show up loose the game and go home with his 250.000 yuan.

11. Lovelyka

Lovelyka Regular Member

student
    it's 4 kings battle, none of other players is at the same level as them, eventhough one of the king, TH, is hardly seen at top of podium, but still people love him, especially chinese. if other men single players join this exhibition,then what's the difference between this and other tournaments?

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    In the survey..TH is number 6 ( I have been told and have no proof to show it)..regardless you like him or not..LYB and Chinese are willing and the deal is..if one of them say NO..the deal is off...thats why they offer big money...when TH did exhibition in Canada...I and others did not see unmotivated TH...he did show more tricks than Joachim Persson during the exhibition ...

I do not say top 4..I said the 4 kings..
    I know you are not a fan of TH but for chinese fans.,,,he is till more popular than LCW and Gade

#12 huangkwokhau, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    WSX,Wang zheng ming especially has many tapes of TH..he idolizes TH

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Are You nuts?? I love Taufik !!.. Its just that I think he is like two differnt players, when he is motivated and when he is not... It's impossible to love badminton and not love Taufik...

But lets be honest he isn't performing today..

I love Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen as well.. doesn't mean I would think a matchup between him and Lin Dan would be very exciting to watch and pay money for..

#14 twobeer, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Well...the money offered by China is big and how you assume thats he wont be motivated?
    TH played 2 times in chinese league....I did not see his unmotivated of him yet...anyway...LYB and his sponsors decided to have these 4..thats why by offering big money, they want to make sure that they cant say NO...Gade is happy to do that...Regardless they are worth or not of the money...it is not easy to get these 4 together in one exhibition...TH has OG,WC and Asian games beside LD who has more...

We should appreciate that at least many companies are willing to sponsor this exhibition and good for badminton...

TH will be asked to play Chinese league again after Olympic 2012...

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I agree that it is great with good sponsorship.. But my hope is that sponsors go more for real games than for exhibition matches with their money.. But in general the more money, in beadmint the better.. But it seems better to sponsor the future, than to pour money on the past :)

Huangkwokhau, who is the sponsor of this exhibition event??

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What about MD? t is also exciting and CY/FHF & JJS/LYD should be in. Not sure on the other 2.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Its not about who's on top in the current crop of active players. Its about the active players who have already attained legendary status.

Of course, to many people, even than is subjective...

But most BCers agree that the 4 Heavenly Kings are LD, LCW, PG and TH.

Taufik and LCW were also very active in raising awareness and funds after the Japan natural disaster; as a matter of fact, an entire Indonesian contingent had visited the country only recently and played exhibition matches at many of the affected places. These guys take their position, "power" and responsibilities are role models pretty seriously. PG and others from Europe likewise are also pretty involved with Solibad, among other things.

A true "King" is more than just a winner. He leads by example in many walks of life. IMO.

Lastly, its not a TC event. It's an EXHIBITION so lighten up!!:D:D:D

Incidentally, PG and TH are not punching bags. They have the guts and the pride to keep playing because they are (sadly) their country's best at the moment. No need to abuse these legends like this...

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Did you view the exhibition match between TH and LCW in Malaysia, which was LCW's brainchild for fundraising for Japan Tsunami charity? You really wouldn't be so gung-ho about dissing Taufik if you did, I suspect.

And anyway, how's your glasshouse working for you, lately?

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Wow, just remembered about Badminton Four Heavenly Kings in 80's era [Yang Yang-Morten Forst Hansen-Icuk Sugiarto-Zhao Jianhua] ;)
    Interesting idea, the special event of 4 prominent MS players coming from 4 different countries in current era :)