User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lucida View Post
    This edition of exhibition match is used as a celebration for the opening of Li Yongbo Badminton School in Dongguan. Because the matches will take place on the school courts, there are not many seats(less than 2000). Most of the tickets will be complimented away.
    Here are some pictures:
    http://sports.sun0769.com/photo/dzbd..._1217794.shtml
    If I am not wrong..this badminton school is funded by Li Ning entirely and Li Ning will help Non Chinese players to be trained there..thats what i have been told few months ago...hope it is the one that Li Ning people talked about...

Lucida..how come there is no media covers this story??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been told TXH will be a consultant for that school. not to coach......I do not think LYB will step down yet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    If I am not wrong..this badminton school is funded by Li Ning entirely and Li Ning will help Non Chinese players to be trained there..thats what i have been told few months ago...hope it is the one that Li Ning people talked about...

Lucida..how come there is no media covers this story??
    It is funded by 世纪城(Century City), a big real estate company in Dongguan. It's true non-Chinese players can be trained there.
    There are enough media coverage in China. Foreign media don't cover this probably because: First, it's an exhibition match, the four kings are invited as individual players and associations are not involved, which means national glory is not involved. (You can say it's a "mere" commercial activity.) Second, the organizers somehow want to "lay low" about this. They seems have changed the origianl plan to show it on national TV. The reason is unknown, while I think if they give this tournament too much publicity and one of the "kings" can't make it, it will be a great shame, so perhaps they thought about it too.
    Last edited by lucida; 11-02-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Been told TXH will be a consultant for that school. not to coach......I do not think LYB will step down yet....
    TXH is not a consultant, he is the principal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lucida View Post
    It is funded by 世纪城(Century City), a big real estate company in Dongguan. It's true non-Chinese players can be trained there.
    There are enough media coverage in China. Foreign media don't cover this probably because: First, it's an exhibition match, the four kings are invited as individual players and associations are not involved, which means national glory is not involved. (You can say it's a "mere" commercial activity.) Second, the organizers somehow want to "lay low" about this. They seems have changed the origianl plan to show it on national TV. The reason is unknown, while I think if they give this tournament too much publicity and one of the "kings" can't make it, it will be a great shame, so perhaps they thought about it too.
    Or maybe as TXH said, there is no space to put on cameras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is more like an friendly match so just take it as what it offer as face value, no need to read too deep and ask so many why not? I actually enjoy watching the match between Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik in the tsunami victim exhibition game(I forgot the exact name for that exhibition), I must admit, that was the first time I truly didn't care who win between my two idols.
    As long as these players make the game close and show their trick shot and entertain us is good enough. Good for players to gain extra incomes and good for fan to get entertain.
    Is the matches going to be shown on TV or live on internet?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Is more like an friendly match so just take it as what it offer as face value, no need to read too deep and ask so many why not? I actually enjoy watching the match between Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik in the tsunami victim exhibition game(I forgot the exact name for that exhibition), I must admit, that was the first time I truly didn't care who win between my two idols.
    As long as these players make the game close and show their trick shot and entertain us is good enough. Good for players to gain extra incomes and good for fan to get entertain.
    Agree... Same here; I want to be entertained. I want to watch good matches between good players.

Luckily, there is only ONE Chinese player, Lin Dan, in this tournament. Therefore, we don't expect that walkover will be staged (which is the most disappointing thing that we Badminton fans can be presented with, when we are following a tournament).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the positive note, yes it is admirable that CHN can stage this event with the promised price money. It is something that BWF or other country indeed need to look at and study. How they can promote and bring in big sponsor and market the event to the general public. Cos at the end of the day, these sponsors want something (sometimes not monetarily) in return, namely publicity, marketing, or simply pleasing the audience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the negative note, please give a good enough reason beside $$$ that PG TH and LCW should come there?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    On the negative note, please give a good enough reason beside $$$ that PG TH and LCW should come there?
    Peace; brotherhood; love.
    A chance to smuggle TXH out of there.
    Promotion of badminton through such endorsements.
    More ideas for the THA.
    Meet LYB face to face privately, take his money and tell him exactly what they think of his ways!
    Discuss reciprocal "guest teacher" arrangements.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Yoppy

LCW still eager to defeat LD. That might be one of the reasons LCW come to China, he might also learn a new tactic from a player who face LD before facing LCW. However there is a possibility that LD might lose to his opponent before facing LCW. Again, this chance is quite low as LD is the only CBA representative.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    @Yoppy

LCW still eager to defeat LD. That might be one of the reasons LCW come to China, he might also learn a new tactic from a player who face LD before facing LCW. However there is a possibility that LD might lose to his opponent before facing LCW. Again, this chance is quite low as LD is the only CBA representative.
    Actually this year (2011) could be the last year for all these 4 top players to appear at this event.

Next year, if still done under the same format, I think LCW could be the only one left (best from Malaysia) to appear; for I could see that the best players coming from China, Denmark and Indonesia could be different players.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    For PG and LCW, it's a stepping stone to HK Open. For all, appearance money is important for their occupation as professionals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Years before there was a exhibition game also prior to HK or Chn Open...........LCW was here also...??

CMIIW !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Peace; brotherhood; love.
    If they dont come, does not mean they dont love peace brotherhood and love.............
    A chance to smuggle TXH out of there.
    Thats a good one, but for an old man, I will let him rest.
    Promotion of badminton through such endorsements.
    There are tons of other places they can promote badminton, dont have to be in China where badminton is already so popular.
    Meet LYB face to face privately, take his money and tell him exactly what they think of his ways!
    Thats a good one lol. And punch him in the face if he talk back LOL
    Discuss reciprocal "guest teacher" arrangements.
    Guest teacher?? For free??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Yoppy

I think LCW should be more aware that its not a one way traffic, as much as he wants to make more good records againt LD, its also LD and the rest of CHN MS team will get another chance to study and learn how to anticipate LCW in the future. SO its really depend how LCW looking at his own position currently, if he really confidence he's on top of his game, then no need to come. In fact by coming it gives LD some upper hand in the mental department.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a few more days to go...

I am hoping for live streaming...
    When,exactly,please somebody tell me?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast