Bao Yixin ( 包宜鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Oct 1, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A new star is emerging on the Chinese Womens doubles team.

Bao Yixin is still a young girl, but has a very impressive resume. And in the past 2 months, she has made the world sit up and take notice of her skills, courage, level head and world-class performances.

Yixin plays doubles mostly, both WD and XD.

In WD, she is currently (since September 2011) paired up with Zhong Qianxin. This is a brand-new pairing but they struck gold immediately, beating many seeded players on the way to claiming the Japan Open SS 2011 WD crown. Earlier, Yixin was paired with Shu Cheng, with whom she won the Canada Open this year.

In mixed doubles, Yixin as earlier paired with Zihan Qiu, and they enjoyed moderate success, often losing to other team-mates in the latter stages of tournaments. Yixin is now paired with He Hanbin, with whom she has reached the finals of the Indonesian Open GPG 2011. The finals will be played later today, in fact!

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Need pics! :)

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  4. visor

visor Regular Member

file.jpg
    ---------------------------

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Shades of WYH in this pic, eh? :D
    But my! she was SO impressive at the net at the Japan Opens... :eek: and you could tell she was enjoying every minute of it! :D

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, that's the advantage of being unseeded... off your opponent's radar and no high expectations. But she and her partner must have saved like 8 match points throughout the whole tournament in order to end up where they were! That's mental fortitude! :)

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    In Aces!!! More candy with appropriate titles....

"...now, where did she tell me to stand?"
    Bao-Yixin-02.jpg

"Yes! Yes! Yesssssss!!!! Yongbo, you can let Wang XiaoLi go now!"
    Bao-Yixin-03.jpg
    (note: most un-Chinese-girl-like calf structure. More like a workman's. Shades of Chen Long here!)

"I can't believe we actually DID IT!!!! :D"
    Bao-Yixin-JO-silverware.jpg

"I could get used to this..."
    Bao-Yixin-JO-silverware-01.jpg

8. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    She looks like WYH sister :D

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    :p:p:p:p:p If that's what the earlier pics made you think, check this one out!!!

Bao-Yixin-04.jpg

BYX at the Canadian Open 2011
    "Get outta my way!! I'm going to finish this all by myself!"

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    due acknowledgement of the last pic above to our BCer, jyeung :)

11. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Hahaha... Indeed that's funny :D

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Bao Yixin's current BWF rankings are:
    WD with Zhong Qianxin: 35
    XD with He Hanbin: 92

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    At the Bitburger Open 2011, Bao Yixin partners He Hanbin in the XD. They are in the semis, where they play against Thomas Laybourn and Kamilla Ritter-Juhl of Denmark, who are seeded 3 in this tournament. This will be a good test of their partnership.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Bao Yixin was separated from her earlier WD partner Zhong Qianxin (with who she won the Japan Open this year) and was paired with Jing Xie at the recently concluded China Open SSP. They lost in the round of 16 to the 7-seeded Japanses pair of Shizuka Matsuo and Mami Naito.

Her XD outing with He Hanbin ended even earlier in the round of 32 when they gave a walkover to top seeds ZN/ZYL.

I hope the coaches and selectors allow her to settle with the proper partners soon enough, to give her a long enough run and do justice to her talent.

She is playing both WD and XD at the Macau Open starting today. Here's wishing she does well there.

15. nitabluez

nitabluez Regular Member

Worker
    Too bad she lost in Macau GPG :(

16. at800def

at800def Regular Member

student
    how come she is sharing her WD partner with ma jin?

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I noticed that BYX was recently removed from her WD pairing with Zhong Qianxin and persisted with the XD pairing with HHB. ZQX was paired with Ma Jin for a while, and I kinda wondered what this was all about. Especially since the BYX/ZQX partnership was showing so much promise! :eek:

And then it occured to me: maybe the coaches wanted ZQX to have the benefit of playing with a really experienced and top-level player, and learn some stuff with that partnership, which she could put to use in future with her BYX pairing.

When ZQX was put back together with BYX in the recent Swiss Open, they immediately raced all the way to the finals and lost to their less-fancied compatriots. Of note: BYX lost in the semi-finals in the XD discipline, with her regular partner HB.

I wonder. Does this mean that BYX has not yet been able to build up the stamina to last 5 days playing in 2 disciplines? Should she be focusing on strength and endurance training? The CBA has mostly shown a propensity to push the ladies doubles players to play in WD as well as XD. If BYX doesn't demonstrate she can last the distance in both disciplines simultaneously, I fear she may find herself out of grace pretty soon.

The good news is that despite all this, the BYX/ZQX combo are now ranked 16 in the BWF WD rankings: their highest ranking so far! :) And her XD ranking with HHB is 18. Maybe I'm just worrying too much! :D:D:D

Attached Files:

#17 cobalt, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The China team mangement have this unspoken (or maybe not) rule that all girls playing doubles must be available for double-duty: in WD as well as XD.

Maybe that makes the girls so adaptable with forecourt as well as baseline play. Maybe that is why they are so formidable.

So why is the pairing of BYX/HHB always seemingly coming up short in the XD games? Have they reached their best level? Having said that, it is no easy feat to try and overwhelm Tantowi and Lilyana when those two are in the mood, especially Lily...

But the exciting pair of Yixin and Qianxin did their now mandatory match-point-saving magic, this time against the top-seeded Korean pair of Kim Min Jung and Ha Jung Eun, and booked a place in the semis at the India Open. They now actually have an even chance of taking the title, based on past results of their matches with the other 3 WD pairs still standing.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Because she partners the wrong person..He Hanbin.

I actually want to see Bao Yixin partner Chai Biao in the mixed doubles.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    BYX and ZQX are into the finals of the India Open, where they meet the Korean pair of Kim Ha Na and Jung Kyung Eun, who upset #2 seeds Fujii/Kakiiwa. Their h2h record against this Korean pair is 2-0, and they are very likely to add to the tally tomorrow.

If they win the title, there appears to be a chance for them to gatecrash to #8 in the BWF rankings. Good to go for OG? Here's wishing them luck. They sure deserve it!